WilSon and clarke (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Everybody talks about how we miss them , i agree .
however do you honestly think they would have scored many so far this season , i mean our strikers are getting literally no service .
Can you remember the last time strikers were put through on goal , or a whipped ball in a striker latched onto . I can think of 2 occasions this season , but primarily our strikers are coming deep to try get the ball and try and create shots for themselves .
Tudgay for example , i cant remember him having more than 6-7 shots in all the games combined
i find it hard to judge this seasons strikers based purely off the fact that they have literally no service

Last edited:

bradwellskyblues

its not just clarke and wilson we miss also moussa and baker who set up many of their chances,this year we are devoid of any creativity

Kingokings204

To answer the OP yes we would miss them. We also miss Murphy and moussa. We were a lot better last year make no mistake. Baker moussa with Clarke and Wilson with Murphy in goal.

No we have Jackson and mquoid with alsopp in goal.

No surprises really.

skybluebal

Everybody talks about how we miss them , i agree .
however do you honestly think they would have scored many so far this season , i mean our strikers are getting literally no service .
Can you remember the last time strikers were put through on goal , or a whipped ball in a striker latched onto . I can think of 2 occasions this season , but primarily our strikers are coming deep to try get the ball and try and create shots for themselves .
Tudgay for example , i cant remember him having more than 6-7 shots in all the games combined
i find it hard to judge this seasons strikers based purely off the fact that they have literally no service

You could look at it that the midfield don't have the confidence to put the balls in as there is no pace and no one really able to hold the ball. Hence a lot of tippy-tappy and trying to walk the ball into the net.

covcity4life

we scored a bucket loads of goals by hitting ball long and wilson ran on to them tos core or assist. we miss that so much now

Monners

I don't think there would have been so many changes in the formation / system had they stayed. The play would have been built around them, so they'd have still got the goals IMO

Spot one mate. As CC4L says also - we could knock into space with th confidence that the two of would make something of it

skybluejelly

maybe we should go back in for Clarke is he not in the last year of his contract at wolves ..I thought it was 18 months .. but might be wrong he.. has hardly set the world alight since leaving

sw88

Chief Commentator!
maybe we should go back in for Clarke is he not in the last year of his contract at wolves ..I thought it was 18 months .. but might be wrong he.. has hardly set the world alight since leaving

Has he even kicked a ball? Like properly had a game for Wolves? Hardly hear of him now a days and certainly haven't seen him on the score sheet.

Did see yesterday or the day before that 'Wolves drop interest in striker' so looks like they are looking to replace him already!

What happened about him going out on loan? Thought he'd been linked to a few clubs

mrtrench

Wilson seems to be having another lucky one-off season - 7 goals so far in the Championship. What price he's playing in the Premiership next year, albeit with a West Brom or similar?

Evo1883

Wilson seems to be having another lucky one-off season - 7 goals so far in the Championship. What price he's playing in the Premiership next year, albeit with a West Brom or similar?
I think he will end up at a lower end prem team , i wouldnt bet against him making an england squad in his career

letsallsingtogether

:claping hands:

Yes there were many Sisu sympathisers, saying yer better shot of him one season wonder!!! like there stance with our owners they were wrong yet again...

Nick

Administrator

Yes there were many Sisu sympathisers, saying yer better shot of him one season wonder!!! like there stance with our owners they were wrong yet again...

Fiver to charity if you find me a quote of somebody saying "better shot of him one season wonder" :) I remember lots of "he could be a one season wonder" posts though. :)

stupot07

Wilson's pace would have created a lot of chances for himself. In fact early on in be season we scored a fair few from punts which Clarke and Wilson played off each other.. I have no doubt that they would have scored a hatful this season. We haven't got a striker for to lace their boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

letsallsingtogether

fucked if I am looking back through posts not my style......

But that is what most of them meant I know I'm a wizard[:)QUOTE=Nick;798960]Fiver to charity if you find me a quote of somebody saying "better shot of him one season wonder" :) I remember lots of "he could be a one season wonder" posts though. :)[/QUOTE]

wingy

Wilson's pace would have created a lot of chances for himself. In fact early on in be season we scored a fair few from punts which Clarke and Wilson played off each other.. I have no doubt that they would have scored a hatful this season. We haven't got a striker for to lace their boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Some lovely assists from baker also with angled balls over the top or on the deck to feet ( not necessarily all by Baker )

NorthernWisdom

tbf, the decision to sell him probably the right one.

Forget the issues, the way clubs like Charlton built and grew to establish themselves in the top flight was to sell a star player to fund an overall squad improvement.

OK, I'll grant you we haven't managed the second half of that sentence... ;)

Sick Boy

Wilson has done it again racing clear and scoring against a prem side.
Is he good enough for the Prem now?

Fair play to him, we can be proud that as a club we produced him. I'd say he needs another season in the Championship after this but after that then I think he'll be a PL player. Who's to say he won't go up with Bournemouth though?

Sbarcher

Just hope we got a good sell-on clause in the contract.

ajsccfc

"The imaginary Sisu lovers said something!"

"Where?"

"Not showing you, not my style"

That's forum gold.

D

Deleted member 2477

The problem isn't the fact we sold him as we have always been a selling club.
The issue is our owners didn't invest the money back into the squad and instead pocketed it for their investors whilst the playing side is made up of free transfers and loans that no one else wants.

how many players have 12 month contracts or will be leaving at the end of the season ?
the majority of the squad.

sisu havnt invested diddly squat in the club they have pocketed every bit of money they could get their hands on and filled the gaps with kids and free loans.

Thats the reason why this club is dying

Nick

Administrator
The problem isn't the fact we sold him as we have always been a selling club.
The issue is our owners didn't invest the money back into the squad and instead pocketed it for their investors whilst the playing side is made up of free transfers and loans that no one else wants.

how many players have 12 month contracts or will be leaving at the end of the season ?
the majority of the squad.

sisu havnt invested diddly squat in the club they have pocketed every bit of money they could get their hands on and filled the gaps with kids and free loans.

Thats the reason why this club is dying

Has much money been pocketed do you know? If so, how much has been pocketed by SISU / Investors?

D

Deleted member 2477

Has much money been pocketed do you know? If so, how much has been pocketed by SISU / Investors?

Nick can you honestly say that SISU have improved the playing side and invested the money received and saved from wages on the likes of Wilson, Clark, mcgoldrick, best, baker, Murphy into the squad.

why is this club at its lowest ever point and fans being lost in numbers with no quality in the side and the majority of the squad being made up of free transfers, loans and kids.

Sick Boy

Nick can you honestly say that SISU have improved the playing side and invested the money received and saved from wages on the likes of Wilson, Clark, mcgoldrick, best, baker, Murphy into the squad.

why is this club at its lowest ever point and fans being lost in numbers with no quality in the side and the majority of the squad being made up of free transfers, loans and kids.

Who do you think pays for the operating costs of the club? Wages? Signing on fees? We are a poorly supported club so what do you expect?

Users who are viewing this thread