windows 7 v windows 10 (1 Viewer)

keep getting bombarded with pop up ad to install windows 10 - is it much better than w7 ??

Ccfcsj

I wouldn't say much better no. There are still several glitches in it, some software and hardware doesn't work or needs reinstalling and at times it can be painfully slow even on a quick machine.

If you had Windows 8 I would say go for the upgrade - Windows 7 though I'm not sure it's worthwhile yet.

I work in the IT industry (my job is a Technical Services Manager) and have done multiple tests on the OS. I have tried it on a basic PC and a top gaming PC and the speed issues etc are there for both.

Wheelfass

You'll probably find that the 10 sits better just behind the centre forward with the 7 being more usefull in midfield.
:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Captain Dart

I'm not sure I could frame a decent answer to that question.

D

Deleted member 2477

I wish people would learn to post in the right catagory

Philosorapter

Windows Vista: the Kevin Drinkell of operating systems.

usskyblue

Still an upgrade from Kyle Lightbourne

basic.jpg

Skyblueweeman

7 is more reliable and I suffered almost no injuries.

When I signed no.10 I experienced a dramatic loss of form. My right leg (scroll pad) became ineffective and my thought processing (start menu) didn't give me all the options I needed.

I've therefore asked for 10 to be put on the transfer list and I'm reinstalling 7 as my consistent performer.

Godiva

keep getting bombarded with pop up ad to install windows 10 - is it much better than w7 ??

If you have a wireless printer make sure there's a Win10 printer driver. I upgraded and my wireless HP color laser now only work with USB cable.
I also find EDGE - the replacement for explorer - refusing to close windows from time to time.
The worst problem in Win10 is how apps doesn't always release memory when they are closed. That leads to very slow performance.

Sbarcher

"We all dream of a team of Windows"

shmmeee

A few years ago I'd have said buy a Mac, but they've gone right down hill recently.

stupot07

Never had 7, but 10 does seems a lot better than 8 which drove me mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Happy_Martian

Happy_Martian

win 7!!!!!!!!!

but then i hate change. stayed on xp for ages lol

Cov, I have a dual boot system at home, XP on one drive, Win 7 on the other:laugh: Did have Win 8.1 for a short while until M$ sent down an update that chewed up that OS and left my hard drive inaccessible.

stupot07

A few years ago I'd have said buy a Mac, but they've gone right down hill recently.

How so? I used to love my MacBook but it's about 7-8 years old now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

Cov, I have a dual boot system at home, XP on one drive, Win 7 on the other:laugh: Did have Win 8.1 for a short while until M$ sent down an update that chewed up that OS and left my hard drive inaccessible.

To be fair now I have moved to win 7 it's much better than xp!!

I have a laptop with win 8 but like old school windows not this new tablet stuff

chiefdave

If you move to Windows 10 you won't be able to post on here unless you quote someone! The new browser, Edge, is absolute shit. Slow and so many sites that just don't work with it and constant crashes.

stupot07

If you move to Windows 10 you won't be able to post on here unless you quote someone! The new browser, Edge, is absolute shit. Slow and so many sites that just don't work with it and constant crashes.

Firefox?

shmmeee

How so? I used to love my MacBook but it's about 7-8 years old now.

In my opinion the quality assurance has been lacking on both OS X and iOS. Just little things, my MBA has seen some slowdown, apps crashing, WiFi dropping, etc. Stuff that under Jobs wouldn't have been allowed out the door. They seem to have lost their focus since his death IMO. In the mean time MS have been reborn since Baller left and seem to be setting the standard. The SurfaceBook is pure sex.

If still say OS X has the edge over Windows but give it another generation and I'm not so sure.

stupot07

Thanks Shmmeee, was thinking of getting another MacBook as I find our windows laptop too slow so never use it. Might go for a official refurb one like last time. The missus will kill me!!

JulianDarbyFTW

I had 7 and loved it. Upgraded to 10 and love it too, although the start menu and taskbar items stubbornly refuse to work 30% of the time. I'd rate it more Yousef Safri than David Rennie, but slightly less Phil Babb than Phil Babb.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Don't touch Windows 10 with a barge-pole! It's utter shite!! I use 7, installed 10 and had nothing but problems with it so reverted back to 7. Really glad I did. Trouble is, my bloody webcam is now totally f**kin' useless because of W10! :slap:

ajsccfc

It's fine for me. Avast seems to break the Start Menu so avoid that, but otherwise it boots up in at least half the time 7 did, and 'Edge' can stay as ignored background noise as it's just IE in a shiny new coat.

Users who are viewing this thread