Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Saturday 16th Mar (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Wolverhampton Wanderers - Coventry City [FA] match, tactics and predictions :)

Vern87

Collins
MVE
Thomas
Lati
Kitching
Bidwell
Eccles
Sheaf
Torp/O'Hare
Wright
Simms

Palmer is due his outstanding 1 performance in every 4/5 games, but this is a different level and we can't be carrying a luxury player who spends as much time gesturing as he does anything else. It wouldn't be surprising to see the box back either given the level of opposition.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Do all FA cup games have to be decided on the day or are there replays ?

edgy

1710153175827.png

As much as I dislike the formation, I'm not sure we have any other option. Apart from MVE moving into the Sakamoto role - which I'm not sure he is up to doing effectively.

It'll be a big week in training this week, with everyone wanting the shirt. I think O'Hare will be given the shirt ahead of Palmer - this is the level he wants to be playing at - go out and show you can do it then.

I think MVE's pace will be needed in defense and will get the nod over Eccles. Torp likely to be benched unless he excels in training.

I want Simms smashing into their CBs early.

Ccfcisparks

Their main threat at the moment is from set pieces, long range shots from midfield and Ait Nouri. I'd be tempted to play Eccles RWB to keep a hold of him.

shmmeee

Collins
MvE Thomas Lats Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Kelly/Torp Sheaf
Simms Wright

Will be 541 without the ball with Wright dropping to left midfield. Hope Simms has the game of his life and can feed on scraps.

Mucca Mad Boys

Eccles has handled quality left sided players a lot better than MVE has.

Like who? Eccles did well against Mavididi, but so did MVE.

Eccles isn’t a WB and isn’t better there than MVE. When he’s on form, MVE is our best player. He’s looked a little bit tired in recent weeks because, like Sakamoto, they played nearly every minute of our run in December/Jan.

MR needs to decide if he needs another RB/WB or if Lati is his second choice there.

Ccfcisparks

Like who? Eccles did well against Mavididi, but so did MVE.

Eccles isn’t a WB and isn’t better there than MVE. When he’s on form, MVE is our best player. He’s looked a little bit tired in recent weeks because, like Sakamoto, they played nearly every minute of our run in December/Jan.

MR needs to decide if he needs another RB/WB or if Lati is his second choice there.
Hes a good player but nowhere near our best.

pusbccfc

It's already started

"Coventry will be a lot tougher than people think, they will be well up for it."

Yep, doing well in the league and their biggest match in a generation. Will be a massive challenge.

It seems 4/5 of our games this year have been out biggest game of a generation.

SleepyGinger

It's already started

"Coventry will be a lot tougher than people think, they will be well up for it."

Yep, doing well in the league and their biggest match in a generation. Will be a massive challenge.

It seems 4/5 of our games this year have been out biggest game of a generation.
It’s our biggest game since the play off final 10 months ago, it’s as big a game for them as it is us.

Skybluecol

The Bluebrick is open early doors and is serving beer 🍺 from 9am. Right next to the station and you're able to book tables online.

Anyway.....box formation imo, we've got to be on top of our game and I'm saying we lose out to quality....2-1.....hope I'm wrong

pusbccfc

The Bluebrick is open early doors and is serving beer 🍺 from 9am. Right next to the station and you're able to book tables online.

Anyway.....box formation imo, we've got to be on top of our game and I'm saying we lose out to quality....2-1.....hope I'm wrong

1 pub for 4000 won't be enough

Boicey

Having only beaten 2 top half Championship sides all season it’s unlikely we’ll beat a Premiership club away….
Depends how much we’re up for it.

Offhegoes

We normally rise to the occasion (except most of the Play Off Final last year), but the Watford performance worried me on Saturday, and too many players are not in-form (O'Hare, Palmer, Thomas, MVE etc).

SkyBlueSoul

I reckon we'll lose 3-1. It won't be a bloodbath but they'll have more than enough quality, especially if Cunha is back in contention. 4231 with Saka and Sheaf and I'd have fancied our chances more, this formation does nothing for me. I prefer the thought of O'Hare v a PL team than Palmer, and I'd give Torp a rest with him or Kelly coming on if/when Sheaf starts to tire.

Collins
Thomas Lati Kitching
MvE Sheaf Eccles Bidwell
O'Hare
Simms Wright

Wilson, Binks, Dasilva, Kelly, Torp, Palmer, Godden, 2 x kids

steve101

View attachment 34514

As much as I dislike the formation, I'm not sure we have any other option. Apart from MVE moving into the Sakamoto role - which I'm not sure he is up to doing effectively.

It'll be a big week in training this week, with everyone wanting the shirt. I think O'Hare will be given the shirt ahead of Palmer - this is the level he wants to be playing at - go out and show you can do it then.

I think MVE's pace will be needed in defense and will get the nod over Eccles. Torp likely to be benched unless he excels in training.

I want Simms smashing into their CBs early.
I don't think O'Hare warrants starting ahead of Palmer on recent form and hope he doesn't.

Last edited:

Tommo1993

Was at Molineux again today.

There’s an office that on the back of the door they have a staff prediction list. They are all home wins.
Several staff harped on about their lack of strikers as like a shield or ready made excuse just in case we knock them out.
Tried my luck to get an extra ticket in their end, by the sounds of it they sold out ages ago - I suppose it is a QF after all!

I think we should go in heavy. It’s not like us, I know, but let’s put a bit of weight on them early doors. We were very clumsy against Watford imo but hoping we can be a bit smarter this time.

Expecting a smooth Wolves win, but the footballing gods could be with us.

blunted

9 times out of 10 they beat us. Lets hope its the one time for us. We all have to be on top form and they need an off day. Unlikely, but you never know. 19 times out of 20 Ipswich beat Maidstone. Its the cup. Only certainty is we will out sing them and have better songs. A fit Torp would be a bonus so we can have a better sub option.

HadjiChippo

Not worrying too much about losing to be honest, pressure is all on them and I never expected us to still be in the fa cup in mid March anyway.

As long as we don’t get absolutely pumped, I’ll be alright. Got a feeling a number of our better players (Haji, Simms, COH, Sheaf etc.,) will want to prove they can mix it up with decent premier league calibre players, regardless of form.

Users who are viewing this thread