Women's European Championships in Netherlands (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Denmark vs Germany coming up. Should be a cracker.

Gazolba

What a fiasco! It's been raining and the pitch is waterlogged. Half a dozen people using brushes to try to push the water off the pitch. Haven't they heard of a pump? One guy with a bucket trying to empty the foot of water in the dugout. It rains in the Netherlands, don't they know that? Why are people never prepared for rain?
Six people wandering around the pitch stamping on the ground to assess the situation. One of them carrying a football in one hand - no-one knows why!

Last edited:

no_loyalty

Denmark v Germany rescheduled for today at 11.00am

no_loyalty

FT Denmark 2 Germany 1

The holders and tournament favourites exit the competition

Gazolba

Not televising any games today, so I miss the England game again.
The Spanish channel that showed two games yesterday is showing Mexican league games today.
No other channel is showing it.

wingy

1-0
Taylor
Only been watching since HT but sounds like a listless performance with no sustained possession again, then an injection of pace across the front three and bang.

Reactions: vow

vow

1-0
Taylor
Only been watching since HT but sounds like a listless performance with no sustained possession again, then an injection of pace across the front three and bang.
I think we signed the wrong Jodi(e) ;)

Otis

1-0
Taylor

Yeah. Been watching from the off and it has been dull and listless. That's our first shot on target I think and maybe even our first shot.

This reminds me so much of England men and the City. Now masters of our own downfall and making all the wrong choices, giving the ball away far too cheaply and are beginning to panic.

Gazolba

What poor sports the French are! Booing our keeper as she is stretchered off.

chiefdave

And the Germans are out who have apparently won the previous 6 tournaments so its definitely there for the taking now.

SkyblueBazza

Yeah. Been watching from the off and it has been dull and listless. That's our first shot on target I think and maybe even our first shot.

This reminds me so much of England men and the City. Now masters of our own downfall and making all the wrong choices, giving the ball away far too cheaply and are beginning to panic.
What is it about our English mindset?
We looked solid enough & calm but unthreatening until we went 1-0. Then it seemed everyone went into panic mode - put ourselves under pressure by continually hoofing the ball as far up field as possible...only for them to come straight back pressing us again.

When will there be a composed on the ball English team that passes out & retains possession under pressure???

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Otis

We looked solid enough & calm but unthreatening until we went 1-0. Then it seemed everyone went into panic mode - put ourselves under pressure by continually hoofing the ball as far up field as possible...only for them to come straight back pressing us again.

When will there be a composed on the ball English team that passes out & retains possession under pressure???

We do indeed.

You watch teams like Italy go a goal up and then kill the game off and they do it time and time again.

Last night players that had been assured and calm all night suddenly started swinging a leg out at balls and miss-hitting them and just whacking the ball away without any thought to passing the ball out of defence.

Have to say though, the last 10 mins I thought we saw out the game well.

Gazolba

Good point, but we are not the only team to exhibit that behaviour, I've seen it over and over again.
As for the English, we have been invaded and conquered many times in our history so maybe it's something genetic.

wingy

Turns out Bardsleys injury was genuine and more serious than it looked as she's somehow got a leg fracture without any apparent contact.
So it's the back up from here on.

Gazolba

I was researching Bardsley and Chamberlain and was surprised to find out that Bardsley was born in the USA.
Chamberlain looks pretty experienced so hopefully she will be an adequate replacement.
It's a shame though when you have come so far to miss the final rounds of a tournament.

no_loyalty

Can see tonights game being a close affair, think it will be 2-1 to either side.

wingy

1-0 to the Dutch currently.
England again playing rushed hoofed aimless balls forward like a percentage game.
Good headed goal by the Dutch from a decent cross.
England have tried a more sophisticated approach since the and were unlucky when got cleared off the line from a corner, may have hit the post too.

The Reverend Skyblue

Watching the women's semi final, we haven't got going at all .
Is anyone else thinking who they would shag in the Dutch team, they are very good looking.
Bit sexist but I don't care

lifeskyblue

Yes strange approach by England. Didn't look like they turned up till the Dutch goal. Look a bit better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wingy

The Dutch are playing football, ball to feet, triangles etc.
Would this Sampson guy get a shot at a lower league mens team?
Same with the Women, could any of them cut it in Div4?
It reckon Bronze could at RB.

Reactions: vow

Otis

Bronze has looked excellent all tournament long.

England denied a couple of penalities? Need to see the replays again, but I hate that sneaky stuff in the box where you see a player just push or knock someone over, hoping the ref won't notice.

A video ref in place could stop all that in an instance.

covmark

Maybe she could but in general the standard is extremely poor.
And this game is a shocker.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

All over.

It's not working, but we are still continuing with the long ball

Users who are viewing this thread