Women's World Cup 2015 (1 Viewer)

James Smith

Anyone watching the last 16 game against Norway? We've just gone a goal down from a set piece.

James Smith

1-1 from a great England goal.

James Smith

2-1 to England great goal.

oakey

Well done to all the players. An excellent second half, thoroughly deserved win.
history made. Come on England.

RegTheDonk

Anyone watching the last 16 game against Norway? We've just gone a goal down from a set piece.

I've watched all the England games so far James, quite enjoying it to be honest. Good luck to the girls, its refreshing to see players getting on with it and no deliberate poor sportsmanship or career-ending tackles.

Cracking winning goal, I punched the air. Been a while since I've done that following a football team :D

Terry Gibson's perm

Haven't seen much of it but did watch the men's under 21 's play their very boring version of football, it was like watching a pre-season game keeping the ball at all costs and never passing forward reminded me of another side I saw last year under another highly thought of manager.

Danceswithhorses

QFs start tonight.
I'm looking forward to the France vs Germany game as they are 2 of the better sides in the tournament.

wingy

QFs start tonight.
I'm looking forward to the France vs Germany game as they are 2 of the better sides in the tournament.

Great game so far
The French are playing stunning fofootball
High tempo, Skillful short or long ball
Should be a couple up but for profligacy in front of goal
How the Germans only have one booking, God knows, very cynical.

Edit;Oh and It's been physical but they just get up and on with It

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

Great game so far
The French are playing stunning fofootball
High tempo, Skillful short or long ball
Should be a couple up but for profligacy in front of goal
How the Germans only have one booking, God knows, very cynical.

Edit;Oh and It's been physical but they just get up and on with It
Well they do give birth to 9lb6oz babies

James Smith

Anyone watching the Quarter Final? I notice that the BBC have decided it's now important enough to put on BBC 1.

James Smith

Goalll!!!!

James Smith

It's now 2-0!

James Smith

Thank goodness for Sunday trading laws and not opening until 12pm.

James Smith

It was until they got one back ;)

James Smith

Jonathan Pearce is a better commentator than I'd ever given him credit for. Nasty injury to the goalkeeper.

James Smith

Should have scored there.

James Smith

Dangerous place to give away a free kick.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Haven't watched womens football in a long time, the standard appears to have improved 10 fold over the last decade or so.

James Smith

And we're through to the Semi-finals!!!!!!

RegTheDonk

Well done Lionesses. Records keep being broken with this squad. Japan are the holders though, and looked as if they should have had a hatfull against the aussies - no shame if they put us out in the semis.

Pity its on so late, if it had been held in Europe, dare say they'd have had a few more watching.

Otis

Well done Lionesses. Records keep being broken with this squad. Japan are the holders though, and looked as if they should have had a hatfull against the aussies - no shame if they put us out in the semis.

Pity its on so late, if it had been held in Europe, dare say they'd have had a few more watching.

Yeah, great they have reached the semi-finals. They have done so without looking particularly good.

they really need to step up a gear or two to be in with any chance of making the final and possibly winning the thing.

James Smith

That first goal last night was class although I agree Canada were given far too many chances.
Going to be a bit late for work as a result of watching it though.

Last edited:

Covstu

Well done to them, sadly I just cannot be arsed to watch it! I hVe really tried by just cannot get excited about it !

Users who are viewing this thread