Women's World Cup 2023 (1 Viewer)

OffenhamSkyBlue

Why didn't Russo get credited with the assist for Toone's goal? Great ball from the by-line

Otis

Great goals - Lucy Hemp was pretty impressive - roll on Sunday
Yup. She was always my favourite England player, but had seemed to have gone off the boil the past year or two. She is so strong though isn't she.

Great physicality and a great touch and she is rapid too.

Really came into her own today and showed what she's capable of

I would bring Lauren James straight back in though

David O'Day

Yup. She was always my favourite England player, but had seemed to have gone off the boil the past year or two. She is so strong though isn't she.

Great physicality and a great touch and she is rapid too.

Really came into her own today and showed what she's capable of

I would bring Lauren James straight back in though
no, Toone stays in the team as it's her or James

James on after 55 or 60

Otis

no, Toone stays in the team as it's her or James

James on after 55 or 60
That's what I meant. I didn't mean in place of Hemp. In place of Toone.

Toone off the bench (and Toone IS my favourite player)

I just think James offers more and has such great strength.

Toone is a fab weapon to bring off the bench

David O'Day

That's what I meant. I didn't mean in place of Hemp. In place of Toone.

Toone off the bench (and Toone IS my favourite player)

I just think James offers more and has such great strength.

Toone is a fab weapon to bring off the bench
nah, that would be silly

James is far easier to shut down and works better against tired players. Toone is a far, far more complete player

David O'Day

Just think it may be very physical and James would be ideally suited to that.
Spain? They play like their mens team. None of them are big and they are very technical and are likely to dominate possession.

Otis

nah, that would be silly

James is far easier to shut down and works better against tired players. Toone is a far, far more complete player
We will have to disagree on that one then, DOD. James is great at defending. Both great at defence and attack. She is definitely stronger too.

But like I say, Toone IS my favourite England player right now.

I do think James will become one of the best, if not the best, player in the world very soon. She has everything. Skill, strength, speed and a great shot on her.

David O'Day

Yes, but I think they will try and kick lumps off us.
Nah, they'll pass the ball around us. Overload the right where Ona Batlle will make Daly play very deep and the RW will invert on to Greenwood and pull her out of position leaving gaps for the RCM to move into and look for Hermoso to pick up space between Carter and Bright.

They could have up to 60 to 65% of the ball so we need someone with the ability to pick a pass and release the forwards when we do have the ball and Toone is better at that. James while be great at dribbling will and does end up going down blind alleys which will just give the ball back to Spain.

Otis

Really looking forwards to the final. My missus and her two daughters will watch it too.

Can't wait and we have to be such firm favourites. It's ours to lose.

Skyblueweeman

Great win and decent game. Kemp was awesome but so was Greenwood at the back. Didn't put a foot wrong whereas Carter and Bright both had shaky moments in the 1st half.

As for Lauren James, I'd defo keep her on the bench. She doesn't deserve to walk straight back in and Toone has earned the right to keep the place. James and Kelly coming off the bench is a nice position for Weigmann to be in.

tommydazzle

Love watching the England women’s team. Seem to play without fear and some great skill and athleticism. For all the naysayers I believe the TV audience was in the billions. Chloe Kelly’s superb penalty against the Nigerians was measured as the most powerful shot recorded - more powerful than anything in the premier league scored last season.

Tommo1993

Finally caught up on highlights after listening to it live on shitty AM radio. Ball should’ve been in row Z before Hemp got hold of it for 2nd goal. Never mind, eh.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Many of you know that I am extremely proud of my Irish roots, but from 11.00am this morning I was yelling for the Lionesses. Absolutely wonderful stuff from them. Every one of them done the team and country proud! Well done ladies! Here's looking to Sunday (with a Guinness or two to help cheer you on!!)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hope it gets a massive TV audience.

It's always great to see England win anything.
But hopefully not the Rugby World Cup! Hope that goes to Ireland! (Sorry lads!) 😉

Users who are viewing this thread