Worrying Times (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Are people actually sat shaking and worrying?

Yes. But that's because I suffer with severe anxiety and not because of the football club. Just means I get to worry about anything and everything, even if they don't or will never happen, for free :)

Torquay Sky Blue

Nothing to worry about. Good players get signed by good teams . Its a fact. I'd be more surprised if no one wanted them.
As for Hyam , he only just gets in our team. Can't see a list of clubs queuing up for him.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I'd be far more worried going into the summer if we had nobody of any interest to clubs higher up the pyramid. We've had a good season and certain players have excelled, we'll likely sell one or two but so long as we reinvest wisely we should be fine (spend it really well and we might even improve). Hopefully any sales are made early on and at a good price so we can focus on the primary targets we'll no doubt have already identified.

DannyThomas_1981

I think we need to accept reality - likely that 1 of our best players or 2 will be sold for decent fees. That’s the price of a successful season.

If a Premiership team or even one of the relegated teams from the Prem wants to buy Vik/Hamer - the player will want to leave for personal ambition and even if not we’ll never be able to match the wages.

And Robins certainly will not be given all that money to invest.

The key to next season is how much Robins is given and the quality of our recruitment with that cash. We’re going to be in a situation we haven’t seen in years - having some money to pay transfer fees for quality replacements.

Going to be interesting but our recruitment team looks professional - so every reason to remain hopeful (even if a couple of stars are sold - that’s mainly beyond the control of the club given agents and player power etc.).

skybluegod

Nothing to worry about. Good players get signed by good teams . Its a fact. I'd be more surprised if no one wanted them.
As for Hyam , he only just gets in our team. Can't see a list of clubs queuing up for him.

Hyam hardly 'just' gets in the team. 85 out of a possible 91 games in the championship for us.
Whether he's got clubs willing to pay for him is another thing as he's not good enough for the prem, and even then good centre Half's aren't exactly often brought at a premium at this level. Plenty of potentially good freebies available this summer. So agree on that point.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Have to keep things in perspective
Even Liverpool and Man City may lose players they'd rather keep
Chelsea and Manure even more so
When all's said and done if a player gets an offer elsewhere that suits him better (not only financially) they will always want to leave
How real is the Fulham approach? Have you heard anything on that

Torquay Sky Blue

Hyam hardly 'just' gets in the team. 85 out of a possible 91 games in the championship for us.
Whether he's got clubs willing to pay for him is another thing as he's not good enough for the prem, and even then good centre Half's aren't exactly often brought at a premium at this level. Plenty of potentially good freebies available this summer. So agree on that point.
Salter gets in because he's left footed. Fadz is a better in the mddle and when Rose is fit it's a toss up between the two. Certainly not a shoe in. Or am I being a little harsh .

robbiethemole

Surely there are better players than ours, from the top 10, who will on bigger teams lists before O’Hare, Gus and Vik. They’re only the “ big three” to us, not other teams fans so don’t worry until the bidding wars start

DannyThomas_1981

Have the club got target figures? Or are they waiting to see what comes in
I don’t have as much insider knowledge as others but I know that Robins has become increasingly frustrated at our inability to convert chances created - so I would not be at all surprised if a class striker is on the radar.
And given the professionalism of the club these days - I’m sure there’s a plan B and C in all positions conditional on transfers out.

Paxman II

You are all a bunch of worry worts!
We are not the only team to have had a reasonable season and have smaller budgets than many. Also after the pandemic there is not that much money to spread around. There are players in teams that have done better than us and have targets on their back too. But they would have to be exceptional players to lure a premier league side to come in for them. Frankly I don't think we have that in any of our players currently. maybe Hamer could go to another championship club or Rangers/Celtic on higher wages, but it's nit likely much will happen. I don't see the point of any player moving on unless the wages on offer are dramatically higher, which they won't be. After all we have Walker coming back and he is reportedly on £7k a week. Gyores is a prospect buy if he goes for someone like Norwich who could offer him more money or a Burnley.
So take you sky blue tints off and look from the other side of the fence.
I would like to see one leave at a high price and surely Hamer is rumoured of in those terms. With that money reinvested in players and season tickets/gate receipts much higher we should be able to make our own splash in the market to improve once again. broddy says so himself.

PVA

Salter gets in because he's left footed. Fadz is a better in the mddle and when Rose is fit it's a toss up between the two. Certainly not a shoe in. Or am I being a little harsh .

Yes you are definitely being harsh.

It's crazy to say that a guy who, when fit and available, has played almost every minute of Championship football since promotion 'only just gets in our team'.

skybluegod

It's really not a toss-up between Rose and Hyam, Hyam has continually been picked above him and deservedly so. I'd suggest the other two positions are where we should look to upgrade over Hyam (this summer that is!).

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think your being a bit Harsh there mate, Clarke-Salter doesnt get in because he is left-footed but because he has proven he is a good CB, Fadz I see where your coming from but he also brings leadership, and its not really a toss up between Hyam “the golden boy” and Rose its Robins chosing the best CB for the job

Brighton Sky Blue

It's really not a toss-up between Rose and Hyam, Hyam has continually been picked above him and deservedly so. I'd suggest the other two positions are where we should look to upgrade over Hyam (this summer that is!).
Except for the time when Dabo was chosen over him

Users who are viewing this thread