Worst CCFC Team - Strikers (1 Viewer)

Go crazy on this one. Theres a bunch of players worthy of a spot in my worst ever line-up. Who are City's worst 2 strikers? Let me know in the comments section and tell me why you've picked those strikers. The unlucky pairing will be unveiled on Sports Lounge this Thursday, 10am on 98.6 Hillz FM. Ta chucks

stupot07

Far too many too many, this is a very difficult category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Skyblueweeman

Simon Haworth
Kyle Lightbourne
Dean Holdsworth
Lee Mills
Patrick Suffo
Trevor Benjamin
James Scowcroft
Kevin Kyle
Roy O'Donovan
Clive Platt
Alex Nimely
Callum Ball
Mathieu Manset

Honourable mention for that tw*t Bellamy.

stupot07

Simon Haworth
Kyle Lightbourne
Dean Holdsworth
Lee Mills
Patrick Suffo
Trevor Benjamin
James Scowcroft
Kevin Kyle
Roy O'Donovan
Clive Platt
Alex Nimely
Callum Ball
Mathieu Manset

Bit harsh on scowcroft we played him as a right midfield, with sheffers left wing and adebola and stern John up front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sky Blue Jack

Kevin Kyle, Roy O'Donovan, Callum Ball, Nathan Ecclestone, Josh McQuoid, Trevor Benjamin, Mathieu Manset, Nick Proschwitz, the list could go on forever and that's only fairly recent players :facepalm:

shy_tall_knight

Dean Holdsworth scored 1 great goal against Cardiff in the FA cup and then was so poor in the league 0 goals in 17.
Bobby Gould may have brought us Gibbo & Regis but he also brought in GrahamWithey , Charlie George, Bob Latchford and Dave Bamber in his first spell. In his second spell Micky Quinn & John williams but also John Gayle.

Skyblueweeman

Bit harsh on scowcroft we played him as a right midfield, with sheffers left wing and adebola and stern John up front

Fair comment but I remember watching a couple of games when he was upfront and didn't think he was much cop.

Terry Gibson's perm

Graham Withey was hopeless who to partner with him is difficult as we have had so many bad ones value for money wise Drinkell takes some beating and Alan Brazil wasn't great after replacing the main man. Juan Sara offered little. I am on dangerous ground here but Keith Houchan wasn't great outside of the fa cup. But I will go for John Gayle.

chiefdave

Kyle was terrible. I remember him scoring a late goal away at QPR and hoping it would kick him into some sort of form but he was just bad.

Drinkell as well, apart from the goal against Villa. In fact he seemed OK his first few matches but went downhill rapidly.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Graham Withey, John Gayle, Dave Bamber

Bamber started off really well.

I remember us winning 1-0 at Arsenal and the headline in one of the Sunday papers was "Bamber is priceless". Then he got injured and ,IIRC, had some problem with an abscess in his mouth or jaw or something similar and was never the same again. In fact he hardly played for us again.

torchomatic

Drinkell, Kyle, Gayle,

Terry Gibson's perm

You would be hard pushed to beat that. Can I also add Tommy Langley who was the worst loan player I have ever seen (well there were a few others;))

thats some front three, no pace no talent and no goals

Moff

Bamber started off really well.

I remember us winning 1-0 at Arsenal and the headline in one of the Sunday papers was "Bamber is priceless". Then he got injured and ,IIRC, had some problem with an abscess in his mouth or jaw or something similar and was never the same again. In fact he hardly played for us again.

That is very well remembered about Bamber, I had completely forgotten his injury troubles, and yes he was never the same again. I cant recall who he went to but he became a bit of a journeyman, but he did score the winner at Highbury which we are very grateful for!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Simon Haworth
Kyle Lightbourne

Dean Holdsworth
Lee Mills
Patrick Suffo
Trevor Benjamin
James Scowcroft
Kevin Kyle
Roy O'Donovan
Clive Platt
Alex Nimely
Callum Ball
Mathieu Manset

That reads as a who's who of crap

usskyblue

Lee Mills was initially on loan from Pompey. During his first game at HR everyone sang 'Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up'.

We did. And, after that, he was crap.

But he was not the worst.

Lightbourne was clueless

Users who are viewing this thread