Worst fan you’ve ever sat near (3 Viewers)

AJB1983

Torquay away fa cup game behind goal. Next to us. Guy in his 40s…. Starts on a young steward, gives it the “do you know who I am”.
then a couple of seasons later in corporate seats I get up and have a go about the ref penalising what I thought was a strong but fair tackle from Gary Gardner, same guy is along from me and starts having a go at me “fuck off” - I think he thought I was an away fan calling for a foul.
no need for it from grown ups.

itsabuzzard

Sat next to a guy in the Sky Blue Stand, back in the early 90s. He was prob in his 30s sat with his Mum, and they would have a blanket and a flask to keep themselves warm. What annoyed me was his clapping. He clapped like thunder. Never heard anything like it before or since. The noise went right through me every time. And I even told him not to be clapping a couple of times ( and he was obedient ! ) most games I’d put up with it for first half, but would rarely go back to my seat after half time. Sounds nuts to think I even said “keep the clapping down a bit mate” as if he was in a library.
Throwing a few fish his way might have quietened him down.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Had a season ticket in block 20 for a number of years, and then this guy also got a season ticket next to me, his bo was awful 💩 so ended up moving to Club Coventry, it's about as far away as I could get.

Terry Gibson's perm

At HR I had an old guy and his daughter sitting behind me he used to smoke all game, he would spit quite a bit when he shouted abuse. I remember him calling sol Campbell a camel for a whole game. He had a heart attack during a game and survived a few weeks later he was back smoking and losing his shit.

I like most of the people I sit near in block 20 and couldn’t ask for a better neighbour than @borastons

Sick Boy

At HR I had an old guy and his daughter sitting behind me he used to smoke all game, he would spit quite a bit when he shouted abuse. I remember him calling sol Campbell a camel for a whole game. He had a heart attack during a game and survived a few weeks later he was back smoking and losing his shit.

I like most of the people I sit near in block 20 and couldn’t ask for a better neighbour than @borastons
Was that the first season the stand opened?

We used to sit next to a guy in the East Stand who’d spend most of the game hacking up phlegm and sitting it on the floor in front of him. When a guy in front of us had a heart attack he went he went to attack the paramedics for getting in his way.

borastons

Is someone chopping onions?

Brighton Sky Blue

I sit next to a couple of people in their late 60s/early 70s who have been going since the 60s. They always bring a bag of mint humbugs and Wagon Wheels to games and call the linesman a useless prat regardless of what he’s doing. Both used to have season tickets with their sons who now don’t go anymore but they’ve stayed friends so now go with each other. They also wear chinos like the good Block 20 fans they are.

Great fun watching games next to them

Terry Gibson's perm

Was that the first season the stand opened?

We used to sit next to a guy in the East Stand who’d spend most of the game hacking up phlegm and sitting it on the floor in front of him. When a guy in front of us had a heart attack he went he went to attack the paramedics for getting in his way.

I think it was probably later and more towards the time we left hr

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I sit next to a couple of people in their late 60s/early 70s who have been going since the 60s. They always bring a bag of mint humbugs and Wagon Wheels to games and call the linesman a useless prat regardless of what he’s doing. Both used to have season tickets with their sons who now don’t go anymore but they’ve stayed friends so now go with each other. They also wear chinos like the good Block 20 fans they are.

Great fun watching games next to them
I need more information before deciding whether I like them or not.

Jammie wagon wheels or normal?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I swear wagon wheels used to be so much bigger back in the day!
Me too, and I don't believe this nonsense people say that it's because my hands were smaller when I a kid. I swear they were bigger even when I was a young adult.

Alkhen

Got a half season ticket around the 2010 season. North stand for a change. Sat directly behind me were an old couple. They would bring blankets and a tupperware full of food, bags of Werther's originals. Seemingly a sweet old pair... But they spent the entire 90 mins, regardless of how the game was going or where the ball was, shouting "Forward!" And "Shoot" it was relentless

Skyblue Bangkok

I mean, people might say it’s woke. But there’s the “racist/sexist/etc as much as you want at home, behind closed doors” way of life. Okay. But times have changed and so does language, don’t be a dick in public.
It's usually the Gammons who go on about Wokes, but have been happy to support censorship in recent weeks.

Terry_dactyl

I’m being a bit cheeky but the worst that springs to mind was being sat in the away end, along with quite a few city fans, at Forest Green Rovers.
There were 3 twenty something lads sat a couple of rows behind me, who had the worst football ‘banter’ I’ve ever heard. It was like they’d never been to a match before but heard about terrace humour so thought they’d give it a go - “Willis is Willy”. That sort of thing. It was incessant drivel.

They also tried starting on an older couple of Cov fans, whom seemed a bit ‘vulnerable’ and were an easy target and probably didn’t do themselves any favours by obviously being Cov fans.

If we’d won I may not remember them.

Tommo1993

What about those 4 scruffy looking blokes in their 50s-60s who wear Sky Blue knitted hats? Oddballs to say the least. Try sitting next to them and they frown at you for approaching their radius. Good job, I don't like the smell of lynx and piss anyway.

Tried to push in to the front of the queue at Bradford and Swindon, literally because “we are the mad hatters”.

SkyBlueCharlie9

Millwall away recently Cov fan and his mates just hurled abuse at Haji for first ten minutes, then started on Mark Robin's for buying Barnsley's second team. Very weird and they disappeared when we started scoring.

junglej13

There was a pretty vile young lad in the away end yesterday who'd brought a Leeds shirt in with him and kept holding it up to the Leeds fans. He'd drawn a variety of cocks all over the shirt and covered it in abuse.

rondog1973

Not in the stadium but a coach trip to West Ham, Jan 96.

Midweek game rescheduled from boxing day postponement. Travelled alone on Harry Shaw and sat in a window seat.

3 20something girls get on board, 2 sit in the seats behind and the other next to me. The one sat beside procedes to talk constantly to her mates behind via the gap between our seats whilst simultaeneously, and for what felt like the journeys entirety, cement mixed Pickled Onion Monster Munch in my ear. Attempted some respite from this torture by reaching for my Walkman only for the batteries to go flat after 10 minutes.

A dismal day was compounded by a 3-2 defeat courtesy of the obligatory Tony Cottee winner in the last minute having fought back from 2 nil down.

the rumpo kid

Used to sit at the back of the west stand at H/R , every time mo Konica went on one of his legendary runs this guy would jump up and shout "release the hounds" it was actually quite funny! ;)

Oggysstarjumps

Millwall away recently Cov fan and his mates just hurled abuse at Haji for first ten minutes, then started on Mark Robin's for buying Barnsley's second team. Very weird and they disappeared when we started scoring.
Might have been the same Cov fan near me at the CBS vs Norwich and then next to me away at Ipswich. Just bellowed non-stop dogs abuse at Wright throughout the games and totally ignored the failings of every other city player. When I asked him to shut the fuck up, him and his mate started going double mental at me and asked me to justify the amount I was paying Wright to play. There was another guy next to them (at the Ipswich game) who had gone with his young son and was so drunk he thought he was at a midweek night game. Went home feeling like I'd spent two hours in a Victorian asylum.

rob9872

If anyone's ever sat next to a knob that shouts "KICK HIM!" a few times each game....

that's me, and you're welcome. It's funny to me and that's all the justification I need.
I remember when we used to chant 'get into em, fk em up' if I ever here someone shout the first bit now, it's like autopilot in my head!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If anyone's ever sat next to a knob that shouts "KICK HIM!" a few times each game....

that's me, and you're welcome. It's funny to me and that's all the justification I need.
You and Nick should sit together. You'd have a great time.

shepardo01

Used to sit at the back of the west stand at H/R , every time mo Konica went on one of his legendary runs this guy would jump up and shout "release the hounds" it was actually quite funny! ;)
Were you about at the time when every week, two old guys (might not have been old... I was early 20s) used to let off those long squealy/stripy balloons when it was quiet and they'd screech around people's heads!?.... Alway thought that was fairly amusing....

Joy Division

Were you about at the time when every week, two old guys (might not have been old... I was early 20s) used to let off those long squealy/stripy balloons when it was quiet and they'd screech around people's heads!?.... Alway thought that was fairly amusing....
Every game that happened, I always wondered who that was. I think they sat near the person who used to bring and spin the old 1930's football rattle up in the west stand.

Users who are viewing this thread