WoS Wrestling (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

British wrestling, my God it's shit.

Thought the US stuff was dire, but it's oscar winning class compared to this! Terrible missed hits and the glitz and glamour seems to involve wearing a sparkly jockstrap.

Nick

Administrator
Is there a scottish bloke?

It was on after something else a couple of weeks ago and my daughter was wetting herself at it like it was a comedy.

The worst thing was the adults in the crowd mad for it.

chiefdave

How did this make it to TV. Some of the camera work is appalling and, despite it not being live, they don't seem to be able to edit it to look decent.

Add in terrible commentary and zero character development and its a non starter really. Bit odd that every ITV reality show spends its time on peoples backstory but a show that needs it they skip it completely.

It may be deliberately aimed at kids but thats missing what has made UK wrestling so successful recently. There's loads of companies that run shows aimed at kids in local community centres but the promotions really doing well, Progress running Wembley or ICW at the Hydro for example, is that its not aimed at kids.

bringbackrattles

Wrestling in the 60's/70's was massive on the telly, Saturday afternoon's and everything stopped when it was on. When I was a kid my dad used to take me to the Drill Hall in the city centre on Saturday nights to watch wrestling, it is where the SkyDome is now.
It is crap now with no characters, we all know it's fixed, but it was great entertainment. My late nan would go mad when she watched it, waving a fist at the "baddies" and we thought she'd put her foot through the telly !

rondog1973

Wrestling in the 60's/70's was massive on the telly, Saturday afternoon's and everything stopped when it was on. When I was a kid my dad used to take me to the Drill Hall in the city centre on Saturday nights to watch wrestling, it is where the SkyDome is now.
It is crap now with no characters, we all know it's fixed, but it was great entertainment. My late nan would go mad when she watched it, waving a fist at the "baddies" and we thought she'd put her foot through the telly !
"Greetings Grapple fans!" as the legendary Kent Walton would say at the start of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread