Would this definitely not be a solution? (1 Viewer)

sisu go home

Please don't think I'm thick for suggesting this, but I haven't seen it brought up yet - possibly for good reason, but you tell me.
I hate Sisu equally to how much I hate ACL. However, like everybody I believe the club and Ricoh should go hand in hand.
Couldn't ACL buy Coventry City Football Club?
Yes, I would much rather welcome a new investor who owns a Russian oil company or is a Sultan or something that wants to chuck a billion pounds into the club, but ACL have already used tax payers money to get half the stadium without asking us, why not buy the club aswell, and as a good will gesture give half their share in the club to the Sky Blues trust - that way the community gets something back for it's money?
Like I say, I'm sure there's a good reason this hasn't been suggested but thought I'd chuck it in the mix.

Last edited:

Paxman II

They could in theory. However it won't happen. ACL is the management company set up by the Council who own them and the stadium. Then Higgs are also a share holder in ACL. So you can see the complexities? It would be the first club owned by it's council in effect.....not happening.

blueflint

Please don't think I'm thick for suggesting this, but I haven't seen it brought up yet - possibly for good reason, but you tell me.
I hate Sisu equally to how much I hate ACL. However, like everybody I believe the club and Ricoh should go hand in hand.
Couldn't ACL buy Coventry City Football Club?
Yes, I would much rather welcome a new investor who owns a Russian oil company or is a Sultan or something that wants to chuck a billion pounds into the club, but ACL have already used tax payers money to get half the stadium without asking us, why not buy the club aswell, and as a good will gesture give half their share in the club to the Sky Blues trust - that way the community gets something back for it's money?
Like I say, I'm sure there's a good reason this hasn't been suggested but thought I'd chuck it in the mix.

absolute bollocks m8

RFC

What really appals me is that so many posters on this forum only blame the owners but don't ask some tough probing questions of
Coventry City Council & ACL, neither of whom are blameless
IMHO!

dadgad

What really appals me is that so many posters on this forum only blame the owners but don't ask some tough probing questions of
IMHO!

There's fault on both sides mate, Sisu approx 99% of it.

Tonylinc

IMHO!
Please enlighten me as to how CCC and ACL are to blame for this shit mess.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Please enlighten me as to how CCC and ACL are to blame for this shit mess.

Because they refused to cower to the bully boys from London town, protecting the citizens of Coventry in terms of their investment...against the backdrop of negligence by the guardians of the beautiful game..... come on Tony dear boy.... do keep up?;)

magic82ball

IMHO!

As much as they have muddied the waters with their stance, they are not the custodians of the club are they?

ACL priority, I would imagine, make as much money as possible sustainably, something they were achieving until SISU effectively tore up the very contract they signed.

CCC priority would be to have a succesfull, thriving club at the heart of the community, something no one could say with conviction was ever going to happen with SISU in control. Hence why they never backed them and even conspired against them.

The mistakes that SISU have made over the years have been so great, and so plentiful that it is really hard to look beyond them in the blame game. We entrusted them with our club and they have let every fan down, it was their job to ensure the future prosperity of the club, no one elses.

Paxman II

As much as they have muddied the waters with their stance, they are not the custodians of the club are they?

ACL priority, I would imagine, make as much money as possible sustainably, something they were achieving until SISU effectively tore up the very contract they signed.

CCC priority would be to have a succesfull, thriving club at the heart of the community, something no one could say with conviction was ever going to happen with SISU in control. Hence why they never backed them and even conspired against them.

The mistakes that SISU have made over the years have been so great, and so plentiful that it is really hard to look beyond them in the blame game. We entrusted them with our club and they have let every fan down, it was their job to ensure the future prosperity of the club, no one elses.

I certainly lay more blame on SISU's doorstep than any other party BUT read your own message and you can conclude that clearly there must be severe blame with ACL and the Council too.

ACL are interested in being sustainable yes but should they have put all their eggs into one basket? tell a business which supplies parts to another business that goes belly up and they are left without payment? They have to absorb that and carry on. In stead ACL acted in a similarly underhand way that SISU had done.

Why wouldn't the Council back the club? owners come and go. They backed ACL against the club with a 14m loan didn't they? hardly looking after the community - more feathering their own cap.

Yes we entrusted SISU with our club. 2008 the world went bust! The lay of the land changed but ACL continued to charge 1.3m plus match day cost of some 400k?
SISU made mistakes and they paid their price but they also tried to make amends and those amendments have helped to keep the club alive by getting rid of the pork. It's football though and relegation could not be avoided. So we are where we are and they played new cards refusing to pay such high rent to force negotiation on a deal. Seems the council ACL and others refused this and never really offered anything substantial.
Yes I would not want to either to the tenants refusing to pay. But it's not a domestic tenancy is it? they tried to undermine SISU further as an act of retribution and to date have mostly lost those battles and effectively lost out club to Northampton.
Something could be done and that will eventually mean some 'tactile' ownership of the Ricoh's business to whoever owns the football club. If they don't realise this then they don't deserve the football club to be there.

shmmeee

IMHO!

Ask away then. Or are you including yourself in people that appaul you?

sisu go home

What I'm getting from the responses is that it would be complicated to do this, but not impossible, and that people (like myself) are not on ACL's side either, but if we could be the first council/citizen owned club in the country the club will always stay here, we as a community will have a say, and if we want to address the owners, they're right on our doorstep.

Don't get me wrong, when I originally posted this I did it reluctantly because Sisu are sinister and incapable of running a football club or any business, but I do also think ACL is corrupt. MY personal reason for thinking this is because without asking, we paid paid for them to own what was supposed to be Coventry City's stadium, and then they charged rent that was so high it forced us out (before anyone says - yes I know Sisu are also to blame). This would effectively force ACL to stop playing underhand games against the club as it would be their own financial prospects their messing with.

When I looked at the original idea for the Ricoh and how it was agreed to amongst councillors, the club, the owners at the time and the public, it is now SO FAR from that under the current regime that the club cannot sustain itself here financially, under Sisu or anybody else.

That's why I think we need to get to the original plan in some way, and despite my hatred of ACL, if they bought the club using taxpayers money and investors, the same as they did with The Ricoh, at least the club, the city and the stadium would go hand in hand. People won't want their tax put into something which doesn't benefit them, so that's why the council should then put Sky Blue trust on the board alongside them on an equal share to balance it out.

L

longjohnskyblue

What "price" has sisu paid paxman? All this mythical debt is equity (i.e debt to itself and hence not real debt as any normal person would understand). The rent too is a non argument - even if you accept sisu's lies of losing £6m / year (cannot possibly be as this figured didn't change even when players were sold, and players wages drastically reduced this mythical annual debt didn't alter - a complete impossibility!)

When scumsu took over the debt was reduced by 34 million, yet when they went "bust" they included this amount, hence they could "write off" £34 million of debt that wasn't there - yet like loan sharks they would charge any external company this amount - thus ensuring a totally fixed and biased administration. They have clearly cajouled the league with threats of legal action (again as do unscrupulous debt agencies) and because there is no one at the league with any legal background, they took them at their word!

As a result they bowed to every whim of sisu - despite it emerging they had no case to support sisu! So again - what precisely have ACL / council done wrong? It is very easy to list everything sisu has done, but apologists like you come out with this statement and never back up the BS!

ACL put club into admin? wrong sisu threatened liquidation, ACL tried to save the club! It was intransigence from sisu that led to liquidation! ACL is blameless! Rent too high? why were sisu only too happy to pay it? why didn't sisu buy the stadium as they promised?

How have sisu tried to make amends? When the club got relegated did they invest in the team? Have they invested in the club in the past 3-4 seasons? When was the last time sisu invested in the team at all?

It is laughable people like you saying ACL tried to undermine sisu, when the reality is the exact opposite! And to still back sisu after all they have done you have to question your integrity, as clearly you have no love of the club, indeed the only affection you have is for sisu!

I cannot understand how someone can be so warped as to defend their actions after everything they have done. And your only defence - sisu aren't solely at fault!

Have news for you Paxman - sisu are the sole reason for the problems at city right now! They stole the shares, had the debt virtually cleared, then ran it up again!

ACL have done their utmost to keep the club in the city - sisu have been hellbent on taking it away!

Either come up with credible proof sisu have invested in the club - or admit sisu are the sole cause of these problems!

sisu go home

It is laughable people like you saying ACL tried to undermine sisu, when the reality is the exact opposite! And to still back sisu after all they have done you have to question your integrity, as clearly you have no love of the club, indeed the only affection you have is for sisu!
I cannot understand how someone can be so warped as to defend their actions after everything they have done. And your only defence - sisu aren't solely at fault!
Err.. mate - I haven't defended Sisu - ever! Is someone reading the big words to you because you don't seem to understand what people are saying, or what I'm saying. This idea is fundamentally to get Sisu out, so how is it defending them. I just included that I sympathise with those that think ACL are also to blame - I stated my reasons for that, you'll have to get your big brother or someone to read that bit to you.
Is your solution just to get angry and lash out at people coming up with new ideas? That's going to get us far mate.

James Smith

Err.. mate - I haven't defended Sisu - ever! Is someone reading the big words to you because you don't seem to understand what people are saying, or what I'm saying. This idea is fundamentally to get Sisu out, so how is it defending them. I just included that I sympathise with those that think ACL are also to blame - I stated my reasons for that, you'll have to get your big brother or someone to read that bit to you.
Is your solution just to get angry and lash out at people coming up with new ideas? That's going to get us far mate.

Well apart from Tim stating at the forums that we're at the bottom of the business cycle and you don't sell at the bottom (well you took us to the bottom Tim and you're still plumbing the depths by keeping us in Northampton) it would remove any hope of SISU getting their hands on the Ricoh. There isn't a good business case for us moving to Northampton except for the SISU version of NOPM which is aimed at ACL. The only reason that I can see for doing this move is to distress ACL, if anyone else has other reasons please fell free to share them.

Users who are viewing this thread