Would Thorn of walked if the Juke went? - Sky Article (1 Viewer)

Scott 79

I had to read the line about Cody twice:

" I can't wait to get into the lad and bed him in to the way we play."

Macca

I doubt he would. This is the best managerial opportunity he is going to get at this early stage

I see nothing in that article hinting he would of quit or am I missing something?

"It was a real relief because I woke up on deadline day morning, opened the curtains and nearly talked myself into going back to bed," he joked.

"But I've got what I wanted, to get Cody McDonald in and keep hold of Jutkiewicz and I want to just keep building on what we have been doing here.

"Ive got what i wanted.." what does that say to you?

I doubt he would. This is the best managerial opportunity he is going to get at this early stage

Macca, i bet hes not on much more then he was as a scout. He's been let down numerous times already. If the Juke went, he would have known relegation loomed and no manager wants that on his CV.

Macca

Macca, i bet hes not on much more then he was as a scout. He's been let down numerous times already. If the Juke went, he would have known relegation loomed and no manager wants that on his CV.

Yeh sorry badly made point. I meant that I don't think he would be inundated with offers elsewhere for a full manager position just yet

ICHAN

"Ive got what i wanted.." what does that say to you?[/QUOTE]

It tells me he got the player he wanted and juke stayed nothing more nothing less, there is no conspiracy here or any underlying message unless of course you want to read one into it..

Macca

He'd do well to hang in here a while, low expectations, learn his trade. Still far to early to judge him yet.

Problem is us lot are the footballing version of premature ejaculation when it comes to building people up too early

Otis

It's quite clear that AT is saying he would have walked in the interview!

You just have to read between the lines.

And check out the comments in invisible ink.

Il Pirata

tin%20foil%20hat.jpg

It's a conspiracy!

Bloodnut1964

"Ive got what i wanted.." what does that say to you?[/QUOTE]

It says I got what I wanted not that I am a 2yr old and will spit my dummy out the pram if I don't.

ashbyjan

Cannot see anything to suggest he would have walked or threatened to if Juke was sold. I am sure he would have been annoyed, as most of us would have been but I think this is more an attempt to give Juke some more confidence and an ego boost.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I think the thing is, Thorn knew he needed to sell someone to bring someone else in and they decided to sell turner rather than juke as we've not got many options up front compared to having a few centre backs. If there wasn't interest for Turner then maybe we would of lost juke or even clingan.

Btw, I think losing turner is a massive loss, he was really showing potential last year both in defence and up front on set pieces. What we have in defence now will get us through but I doubt we'll get many if any goals from defenders this year.

kg82

I think the thing is, Thorn knew he needed to sell someone to bring someone else in and they decided to sell turner rather than juke as we've not got many options up front compared to having a few centre backs. If there wasn't interest for Turner then maybe we would of lost juke or even clingan.

Btw, I think losing turner is a massive loss, he was really showing potential last year both in defence and up front on set pieces. What we have in defence now will get us through but I doubt we'll get many if any goals from defenders this year.

That's the main thing we're going to miss from Turner, his ability to pop up from set pieces and get a goal. 5 goals from a defender in a team that doesn't score many could be priceless and I'm pretty sure Turner would manage to bag more than that during a season. Nevermind, done with now and as you say, better to have lost him than Juke. If that was the only option then it was the sensible option.

Nonleagueherewecome

Still don't buy why we needed to sell Turner to get McDonald if we already had a transfer budget in place as Ken claimed. That's before the Dann/Aron money to top it off.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Still don't buy why we needed to sell Turner to get McDonald if we already had a transfer budget in place as Ken claimed. That's before the Dann/Aron money to top it off.

Got to agree. This comes across as an opportunistic sale rather than any plan to it. We have few enough players. Think it will prove to be a mistake in terms missing talent and value

Dont think AT would have walked if Juke got sold too but the effect on him, the team and supporters would have guaranteed relegation.

Users who are viewing this thread