Would we stay up with this team? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Ignoring injuries and suspensions, would this first 11 be good enough to keep us up?

Murphy
Christie Keogh Cranie Hussey
Bigirimana
Deegan Thomas
McSheffrey
Parkin MacDonald

pusbccfc

If parkin and Maccy Ds can get us goals... Yes.

The brand of football we play, we could field Bedworth United with a couple of decent strikers and stay up. AT's football is impressive.

Erm, I think they'd keep us up in League 2. In fact, they would definitely get promoted from League 2. Woud be very safe in League 1.

J

Jack Griffin

What makes you think Deegan will return anytime soon?

The brand of football we play, we could field Bedworth United with a couple of decent strikers and stay up. AT's football is impressive.

He already has a squad better than Bedworth and we went out of a cup first round and are looking likely to be battling at the end of the season.

Maybe the players do have something to do with it :facepalm:

shmmeee

Simply the fact that I was doing it ignoring injuries. Replace him with Bell in that side for what we'd field.

Of course that raises the other point which is that this is the reserve side:

Dunn
Clarke McPake Cameron Wood
Bell
Ruffles Baker
ROD
Platt Eastwood

hill83

Defensively looks ok. We need goals, so if the front 2 could form a decent partnership and mcsheffrey pulls his finger out, that team could keep us up.

shmmeee

I agree Hill, the issue comes with expecting 2 17 year olds to play all season and having no one to come into the role in front of the back four if Clingan goes (which I expect as he won't sign a new contract)

J

Jack Griffin

Injuries is why you need cover & we don't have it. That is why relegation is practically nailed on.

shmmeee

Jack the point was purely about the quality of our best 11. For me the biggest issues we have at the moment are lack of goals and lack of bodies in midfield. I think that solves one problem but exacerbates the other. Add in a loanee midfielder though and I think were ok.

SkyBlue_Bear83

-------------Murphy
Clarke----Keogh--Cranie--Hussey
----------------Clingan
------Deegan-----------Gael
---------------Baker
-------Parkin--------Mcdonald
Bench: Dunn, Bell, Mcsheffery, Eastwood, Mcpake
Reserves: Wood, Cameron, Christie, Platt, ROD, Thomas, Ireland

I think we would stand a good chance with that squad. If we have to lose one more player I would prefer to lose Keogh/Cranie before Clingan.

Otis

Ignoring injuries and suspensions, would this first 11 be good enough to keep us up?

Murphy
Bigirimana
Deegan Thomas
McSheffrey
Parkin MacDonald

Sorry, Shmmee, but this is a bit daft. You simply cannot ignore injuries and suspensions. I know what you are getting at but when does any team get the chance to field their first team 11 players? It is all about squads and has been said eleventy billion times on here and elsewhere our squad is not big enough or indeed good enough.

but okay, I will play along. If we have no injuries or suspensions all season and can play these 11 players week in week out for the entire season then yes they would be good enough to keep us up.

skybluegod

be hopefull it's this side:
Murphy
clingan
Deegan bell
McSheffrey
Parkin juke

subs: dunn,mcpake,baker,bigi,macdonald

shmmeee

Sorry, Shmmee, but this is a bit daft. You simply cannot ignore injuries and suspensions. I know what you are getting at but when does any team get the chance to field their first team 11 players? It is all about squads and has been said eleventy billion times on here and elsewhere our squad is not big enough or indeed good enough.

but okay, I will play along. If we have no injuries or suspensions all season and can play these 11 players week in week out for the entire season then yes they would be good enough to keep us up.

The reason you ignore injuries and suspensions is we have no fricken idea who will be injured or suspended so its kinda pointless. The point of the thread was simply to see if we've improved the first team or not with the rumoured transfer dealings.

Otis

But it's not about improving the team in my eyes it is about improving the squad!

You could have 11 really good players but if that's all you've got and no cover you are going to struggle.

Lanno

Hi all, new member here.

The current squad seems too lightweight and lacks experience. If we lose two from Clingan, Juke and Turner without adequate replacements it's certainly going to be a struggle to stay up. However, in a weird way I'm kind of looking forward to the rest of the season; we are the bookies favourties to go down and nobody else seems to rate us. The classic early season talk of making the playoffs has finally gone so lets just see what the boys can do. If we go down then not many people will be surpised; if we stay up, we're in wonderland. At least a relegation battle will be more exicting than watching us accumulate a large number of points at the start of the season, only to watch us slide down the table and do nothing for another season.

lordsummerisle

Murphy
Bigirimana
Deegan Thomas
McSheffrey
Parkin MacDonald

In a word no.

In more words, Parkin won't be in that first 11 anyway, so try it again tomorrow when we might know what the first 11 is?

ccfc luke

I think you all underestimate the importance of clingan to our team. In my opinion he is the most important player to us in the system that we play. Without him we would not see us being able to keep control of possesion and have the same quality of passing. Losing clingan would be the worst possible thing that could happen to us (IMO).

shmmeee

Clingan is my biggest worry, but would you trade him for a decent strike pairing, whoever that might be.

Ashdown

Not a chance, address the midfield before the striker issue, all of these suggested deals are only to generate income for SISU anyway, they are not being done to strenghthen the team.

Users who are viewing this thread