Would you have the wee one back as manager? (1 Viewer)

TheHellion

I have to agree on the being stubborn. Would never make a change if the crowd were telling him to do so even if it was obvious. I also remember him making a clearly injured Hedman stay on and was the first in a long line of successors who have tried playing square pegs in round holes.

Yep. Remember that one too. Hedman couldn't even kick the ball, let alone keep goal.

Nonleagueherewecome

He was a horrible little man(ager). Great at getting under peoples skin and winding people up, and whenever anyone had put up with enough of his witticisms, Pendry would suddenly appear to act as his "minder".

LastGarrison

No you're right I take it all back he'll be desperate to join us perhaps he can do it free and be Bobby gpulds deputy,

I was being ironic at the notion that strachan is not good enough to be our manager. Pretty amusing I think.

Why just mention his exile at Celtic then without the rest?

And lets be honest winning things in Scotland with Celtic is hardly the best barometer to gauge how good a manager you are is it?

Last edited:

Grendel

Well Celtic are sort of.a big club who take managers of a certain pedigree which is my point. Would thorn get the job? I don't think he'd even get an interview if buckie thistle needed a manager but just my opinion of course.

stupot07

Well Celtic are sort of.a big club who take managers of a certain pedigree which is my point. Would thorn get the job? I don't think he'd even get an interview if buckie thistle needed a manager but just my opinion of course.

Including 2 people who had never managed before - John Barnes and Neil Lennon.

Grendel

Including 2 people who had never managed before - John Barnes and Neil Lennon.

I'm convinced you're that bloke who used to lounge around skinner and baddials house in his pajamas.

@richh87

No you're right I take it all back he'll be desperate to join us perhaps he can do it free and be Bobby gpulds deputy,

I was being ironic at the notion that strachan is not good enough to be our manager. Pretty amusing I think.

Shame you're the only one that thinks it.

Always have to rile people eh Duffy!

Last edited:

Grendel

Shame you're the only one that thinks it.

Always have to rile people eh Duffy!

I'm not the only one who thinks it not even on this relatively small cross section of fans. Strachan in his first two seasons as manager achieved more than thorn will in his whole managerial career. Also people talk about passion in the game, well strachan as a player was the most passionate I have seen even when 40.

But yeah he's crap, boothroyd, Coleman, adams never done anything as managers. Sillett? A traitor and not a manager at all according to one poster.

What I was really getting at was if all 92 clubs were in a room and had to choose strachan or thorn as manager who would they pick. We all know the answer bur some of us will not admit it.

Would I have him back? God yes because if we were attracting names lime strachan we would be serious players again and not having to pretend boy scouts links thorn are up to the job.

Does that rile you? Only because the truth hurts.

torchomatic

Strachan may have ''achieved'' more but he had one vital ingredient that AT doesn't have. In fact, he had more money to spend than any other manager in our history and he stil relegated us. The negatives far outweigh the positives in my view

torchomatic

You're right. He's piss poor. Along the lines of Robson, McAllister and all the other ex-pros who think they're good managers because they were good footballers. Some of the best managers were either non-league or didn't play at all!

I predicted he would be a disaster at 'boro. He is in the same class as Brian Robson and Graeme Souness as a manager

LastGarrison

Strachan may have ''achieved'' more but he had one vital ingredient that AT doesn't have. In fact, he had more money to spend than any other manager in our history and he stil relegated us. The negatives far outweigh the positives in my view

And who can forget a whole season without winning away? I remember Watford away last game of the season when they were already relegated taunting us with "No way, you'll never win away".

Embarrassing with the talent we had in that side.

Brighton Sky Blue

And who can forget a whole season without winning away? I remember Watford away last game of the season when they were already relegated taunting us with "No way, you'll never win away".

Embarrassing with the talent we had in that side.

I remember his last game at home to Grimsby, when Magnus came sprinting out of his goal, hit it straight to Phil Jevons who scored from 40 yards. No wonder the guy lost his job after that-though really, Richardson was just as big, if not the bigger, culprit.

BigCsCheesyGrin

what a wum u are, the little dick that got us relegated with his stubborness, and when he was under pressure and couldnt answer a question he always tried to be funny and clever, hate that man with a passion, never understood how aloisi was kept on the bench all season and never given a chance yet went to la liga and scored around 15 goals a season for 3 years

Seems a long time ago now, but surely the reason Aloisi didn't play was because we had better options up front ? Was this the Nuddy , Dubln partnership era ? Similar situation to Moldovan - didn't get a look in as Dublin, Huckerby was such a successful combination....Mind you will never forget Moldovans goal against Villa :):):)

TheHellion

Aloisi joined when we had Huckerby/Whelan up front in 98/99, then in 99/00 he fell behind Keane/Whelan/Roussel/Zuniga. Then in 00/01 was offloaded because he had Bellamy in front of him I think. Both he and Roussel were sold off eventually.

We had a lot of options up front in those days, but when Aloisi was allowed to play, I thought he showed he could more than cut the mustard at the club. He seemed unlucky that we had better players in the same positions, and he had a few injuries as well I think.

Yeah, spending money we didn't have, being relegated, Gary Pendry. All those Hondurans....happy days.

I remember one game we were losing and bellendamy was useless and zuniga played out of his skin strachan made a sub and took zuniga off. The cries of you dont know what you're doing quickly followed

I remember his last game at home to Grimsby, when Magnus came sprinting out of his goal, hit it straight to Phil Jevons who scored from 40 yards. No wonder the guy lost his job after that-though really, Richardson was just as big, if not the bigger, culprit.

Ah the days of good ol protesting and sit ins

torchomatic

And Paul Telfer. How could I forget dear old Paul? The player who Strachan picked regardless of form or injury.

Disorganised1

Please
~ I still have nightmares.

Users who are viewing this thread