Would you support a move to not renew season tickets next year (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

would supporters on here support a move that involves not renewing season tickets next year to actively try and force the ownership out of the club .
Sisu and their end game would remain the same , irrespective of what that was , but maybe starving them of revenue would force their hand .
Would anybody support such a move , can the fanbase actually come together .
I haven't missed a game home or away in a long while barring sixfields and I would 100% back such a move .
Thoughts

Nick

Administrator
Where would the ownership go?

Why wouldn't they just completely cut all budgets to cover the losses?

I would still renew, the same as if Wasps took us over (and kept us as CCFC). I don't go to support owners.

Evo1883

I don't go to support the owners either Nick .
Comes a time though that irrespective of our love for the club and the consequences of such actions ,we need to actively show our displeasure .
Why keep funding a model that does not work , why keep showing the ownership that despite everything they have done we will just cough up .

Do fans not want the current ownership to leave ?

D

Deleted member 2477

I would love sisu to pack their bags and leave but the worrying thing is who would take over. No assets, club losing money and no ground. Not exactly a lucrative prospect are we.
The concerning thing is we could just end up being liquidated

Sick Boy

What would happen if they did decide to leave? Can't see many owners wanting to be dictated to by a franchise rugby club and city council

Evo1883

I would like to initially push for fan ownership ,nobody will buy Ccfc , just leave if the clubs self sufficient , more fans would attend with sisu gone and we would have a slightly brighter future without them.

It will hurt the club to not attend , but putting national pressure on this vermin to go , added to complete displeasure and refusal of fans to attend will help I'm sure of it , why wait 5 years to get liquidated , they will do it anyway won't they if its their plan

Nick

Administrator
I would like to initially push for fan ownership ,nobody will buy Ccfc , just leave if the clubs self sufficient , more fans would attend with sisu gone and we would have a slightly brighter future without them

So how will the fans run the club? Will they be pumping millions in?

Evo1883

So how will the fans run the club? Will they be pumping millions in?
We are told the clubs self sufficient , I could own Ccfc now and invest the same that sisu currently do ...nothing
Atleast supporters want what's best for Ccfc and will actively push for negotiations with wasps , CCC and other parties

Nick

Administrator
We are told the clubs self sufficient , I could own Ccfc now and invest the same that sisu currently do ...nothing
Atleast supporters want what's best for Ccfc and will actively push for negotiations with wasps , CCC and other parties

How would you cover the losses or put money in like they had to last year?

Evo1883

How do they do it now Nick ? They sell a gem

More fans in the gate , more money on the pitch , simple math

Evo1883

like all clubs do Nick ...yes
But a lot of owners don't have supporters not attend matches through hatred of them , a lot of owners actively invest .With sisu gone , more fans will watch Ccfc , that means more money to cover general costs and losses doesn't it
More chance of positive negotiations with our landlords and a healthy relationship with the council that will benefit the club going forward

Nick

Administrator
like all clubs do Nick ...yes
But a lot of owners don't have supporters not attend matches through hatred of them , a lot of owners actively invest .With sisu gone , more fans will watch Ccfc , that means more money to cover general costs and losses doesn't it
More chance of positive negotiations with our landlords and a healthy relationship with the council that will benefit the club going forward

How are you going to invest to build a top of the table team to bring people back?

How are you going to deal with the demands that you chuck loads of money in to buy a striker when the manager has already signed 5?

Would you plan to get into the championship? How would you make us compete or would you aim for us to be a yoyo club?

It looks like you would be running the club the same as SISU, but just relying on not being SISU for fans to like you....

hill83

I wouldn't support it.

I'm not going this season as I've had enough, but if a plan like this got any traction I'd actually make a point of getting a season ticket.
Starving Sisu out is nice in theory but I highly doubt it would work and it would destroy the club even more.

Evo1883

How are you going to invest to build a top of the table team to bring people back?

How are you going to deal with the demands that you chuck loads of money in to buy a striker when the manager has already signed 5?

Would you plan to get into the championship? How would you make us compete or would you aim for us to be a yoyo club?
Are you really trying to twist this to make it sound like it cannot be done , aren't Pompey fan owned , aren't Swansea fan owned , the initial period would be difficult but with more supporters attending matches , with a chance to actually negotiate the correct deals for the club with our landlords and other parties , I do not see why , if the right party is put together , this cannot happen .
The club needs this cancer gone
Self sufficient = no investment

It can be done

stupot07

I wouldn't support it.

I'm not going this season as I've had enough, but if a plan like this got any traction I'd actually make a point of getting a season ticket.
Starving Sisu out is nice in theory but I highly doubt it would work and it would destroy the club even more.

I agree.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

I wouldn't support it.

You haven't got a season ticket because you have had enough , but if others did the same you would get one .
Right

Moff

Are you really trying to twist this to make it sound like it cannot be done , aren't Pompey fan owned , aren't Swansea fan owned , the initial period would be difficult but with more supporters attending matches , with a chance to actually negotiate the correct deals for the club with our landlords and other parties , I do not see why , if the right party is put together , this cannot happen .

It can be done

Sorry to point out but Swansea aren't fan owned, the original buy out to save the club was though.

chiefdave

The club isn't self sufficient, under fan ownership how would the losses be covered. Lets say you have a situation like last season where SISU had to put money in to keep the club going and the recouped some of it by selling Maddision leaving the rest in as a rolling credit facility. Where would that money come from under fan ownership?
Similarly our academy costs are going to increase as to use the Higgs we are now going to be charged a commercial rate rather than a discount rate and will also need at least one other site. Where is the money to cover increased costs coming from?
Look at someone like Pompey, their fan ownership is actually less than a 50% stake in the club and their budget for the first three seasons had seven figure losses and back to back promotions!
I'd love to be fan owned but until football as a whole in this country changes so that clubs are all run sustainably I don't see it working.

Evo1883

That isn't what I said is it. Read my post again.
I did .
I'm not happy so I didn't buy one , but if others felt the same I'd buy one because of the damage it would do , pretty much what you said

Nick

Administrator

It can be done

I am not twisting anything. I was asking you question on a statement you made.

I just can't see how a fan owned group is going to do things much differently. Yes, we would probably get locked into a long term deal at the Ricoh but how does that fix anything long term?

If the Ricoh hadn't been bought by Wasps, then it would be much different. The council and the new fan owners could have come to some sort of agreement then.

Moff

Yes , sorry
It helped them and took them in the right direction though

It did, the way we are going if we ever got a fans buy out ours will be the same as Swanseas, with us in the bottom division nearly going into the conference

Evo1883

The club isn't self sufficient, under fan ownership how would the losses be covered. Lets say you have a situation like last season where SISU had to put money in to keep the club going and the recouped some of it by selling Maddision leaving the rest in as a rolling credit facility. Where would that money come from under fan ownership?
Similarly our academy costs are going to increase as to use the Higgs we are now going to be charged a commercial rate rather than a discount rate and will also need at least one other site. Where is the money to cover increased costs coming from?
Look at someone like Pompey, their fan ownership is actually less than a 50% stake in the club and their budget for the first three seasons had seven figure losses and back to back promotions!
I'd love to be fan owned but until football as a whole in this country changes so that clubs are all run sustainably I don't see it working.
It's a start , I'm not suggesting it's the long term goal , at present with the right group at the helm , we could push for a better future .
That won't happen under sisu

hill83

I did .
I'm not happy so I didn't buy one , but if others felt the same I'd buy one because of the damage it would do , pretty much what you said

No.

I said if a 'move that involves not renewing season tickets next year to actively try and force the ownership out of the club' gained any traction I'd make a point of getting a season ticket as starving Sisu out is nice in theory but I highly doubt it would work and it would destroy the club even more.

Let me explain it a bit more for you.
I'm not going this season, I don't want to. My decision. Totally indpendent of anything else.
If your idea got any traction, I would actively condemn it and make a point of getting a season ticket to counteract any damage it would do. In fact I'd buy 2.

D

Deleted member 2477

If we are going along the fan own scenario we might as well support cov utd.

Can you really see the club staying in the football league with reliance on fans having a whip around every week to pay for the leccy and floodlights.

Perhaps we could use the forum like a board meeting to decide on what players to get in. Half pf us would have us sighning baker, misfud and other past players

Nice idea but count me out

chiefdave

It's a start , I'm not suggesting it's the long term goal , at present with the right group at the helm , we could push for a better future .
So lets say year 1 needs £500K put in for the club just to survive. Where does that come from?
I'd be up for fan ownership and I'd happily buy shares but I struggle to see how it can work with our financial situation.

Evo1883

No.

I said if a 'move that involves not renewing season tickets next year to actively try and force the ownership out of the club' gained any traction I'd make a point of getting a season ticket as starving Sisu out is nice in theory but I highly doubt it would work and it would destroy the club even more.
Going in circles , you wouldn't do it , that's fine

Nick

Administrator
If we are going along the fan own scenario we might as well support cov utd.

Can you really see the club staying in the football league with reliance on fans having a whip around every week to pay for the leccy and floodlights.

Perhaps we could use the forum like a board meeting to decide on what players to get in. Half pf us would have us sighning baker, misfud and other past players

Nice idea but count me out

At least we could do text a sub off a pay as you go nokia 3310

Warwickhunt

Where would the ownership go?

Why wouldn't they just completely cut all budgets to cover the losses?

I would still renew, the same as if Wasps took us over (and kept us as CCFC). I don't go to support owners.
To right they will Nick! as soon as we the supporters stop attending by whatever protest people want to do will be the death of a thousand cuts! we need to increase our attendance which will bring better players and hopefully promotion contenders. That is the only way we will get rid of them else it will be oblivion down one of the synch holes

Users who are viewing this thread