Yakubu (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

He was 28 yrs old when he was at Portsmouth in the prem div, Slade will tell him to stand in the pen area and wait for us to hoof it up to you but you will be very busy
28 (+3ish maybe) but what the hell he might score a few goals.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yeah sorry Navid not David Nasseri. You'd think Slade would want to make a decision this morning, so that he could register one or both of them in time for the Wycombe match. I think he's got about 45 minutes left to do that.

The lack of urgency on signing players is frustrating.

Yes, don't rush and sign shit, but don't pander and sign shit either.

Sign one of them up and Yakubu, then try and get another attacking player in too. We are running out of time fast.

Grendel

The likes of Thomas miss out on first team games and being hardened up for next season so... they're still boys in a man's league instead of growing up as we'll need them to?

Thomas looks jaded already

Otis

Thomas looks jaded already
He does to be fair, but who else do we play?

The only other option on the right (discounting Jones and Reid) is to consider Foley at right back and DKE as right midfield for league games.

We are so short in key areas still. :(

Covstu

I am all for it but without someone who can deliver a ball in the box he wont be effective. We just have no creativity in the midfield either to get a striker on the end of any chance.

steve82

The only other option on the right (discounting Jones and Reid) is to consider Foley at right back and DKE as right midfield for league games.

I said another using DKE more forwards in the Fleetwood thread, I think it could just work. Haynes on one wing and DKE on the other... pace at least.

Otis

I said another using DKE more forwards in the Fleetwood thread, I think it could just work. Haynes on one wing and DKE on the other... pace at least.
Yes. Both of them show weaknesses at the back, Haynes with his positioning and DKE with his lack of physical strength.

Both in more advanced positions might just work.

steve82

Yes. Both of them show weaknesses at the back, Haynes with his positioning and DKE with his lack of physical strength.

Both in more advanced positions might just work.

Not so sure about DKE physical strength I actually think he's not been too bad, hight wise he gives a bit away but for a short term gain could be useful taking players on down the wing.
He gets stuck in and gave a good account of himself I think it was against sheff Utd never shirked a challenge

Otis

Not so sure about DKE physical strength I actually think he's not been too bad, hight wise he gives a bit away but for a short term gain could be useful taking players on down the wing.
He gets stuck in and gave a good account of himself I think it was against sheff Utd never shirked a challenge
Yeah, talking more about his height, therefore upper body strength in terms of players dwarfing him.

robbiethemole

good tackler and passer, put him in the middle turn him into the nasty little fucker we've needed? a bit like Michael Brown or Lee Cattermole, neither big lads but bite like fuck

Gazolba

We need to sign Jermaine Defoe. With him, we might stand a chance. Very slim but a chance.

Gazolba

<snip>

As Slade says, his stats are good. Starts vs goals is almost one in two.

Get the fucker in.
3 in 27 over the last 3 years. So we can expect 2-3 goals by the end of this season.

skybluebeduff

That's why I am hoping this Nasseri pans out. Reports were last week that he was getting down the flanks and putting quality balls into the box.
We don't play flanks, he hoof and hoof and that's about it really. The midfield may as well just sit the next game out...

shmmeee

Isn't one of the DKEs (DiKE or DeKE) a RW?

westofrayne

Massive difference between fitness and match sharpness/Fitness. You can get the worlds fittest man (or women) on the pitch but if they don't have game sharpness they will be no use.

He maybe fairly fit, but no way will he have any match sharpness, this takes at least a month, we will be down by then.

Ibby

It would be silly not to sign him up, if he can get match fitness. On his day he is deadly and will score goals out of nothing. Get him signed up :happy:

Otis

Depends on how fit and how long it takes.

If it takes a month wouldn't we be better off looking elsewhere for someone available and fit and ready to go straight into the first team?

Users who are viewing this thread