Your Favourite player who was actually shite (3 Viewers)

TheUKGryphon

If a player was shite, then he would never have been my favourite.

I think my favourite player I ever saw was Paul Telfer. Admittedly he could never go one on one with an opposing player and come out the victor, but he could run like no one else and when he kicked a ball, it stayed kicked!

Nonleagueherewecome

Steve Morgan for that single brilliant performance followed by lots of crap; Terry "rampaging overlap" Fleming; Julian "Trent" Darby for being awful but scoring a lot of goals from midfield; David Rennie for that one really good season that came from nowhere; and of course, Greg Downs. Lovely left foot, but he couldn't defend for toffee.

Joy Division

If a player was shite, then he would never have been my favourite.

I think my favourite player I ever saw was Paul Telfer. Admittedly he could never go one on one with an opposing player and come out the victor, but he could run like no one else and when he kicked a ball, it stayed kicked!

Paul Telfer was always the whipping boy of the crowd during his time here. Hi finest attribute was his jumping height.

My favorite rubbish player was Jean-Guy Walleme.

Joy Division

Steve Morgan for that single brilliant performance followed by lots of crap; Terry "rampaging overlap" Fleming; Julian "Trent" Darby for being awful but scoring a lot of goals from midfield; David Rennie for that one really good season that came from nowhere; and of course, Greg Downs. Lovely left foot, but he couldn't defend for toffee.

There was a song the West Terrace used to sing to David Rennie, can you remember what it was?

hill83

I knew you'd lap up a 'shit player' thread.

theferret

Pmsl. bugger beat me to it, I think we paid 900k for him from Rangers, he went there from Norwich, a record at the time and he was crap, god bless him.:claping hands:

Scored one great goal at QPR and an overhead-kick against Grimsby in a league cup game, but other than that looked less like a professional footballer than pretty much anyone I've seen. Just goes to show, scoring goals in Scotland doesn't mean anything.

RoboCCFC90

Noel "Drink a Drink" Whelan

SkyBlueHomer

Pmsl. bugger beat me to it, I think we paid 900k for him from Rangers, he went there from Norwich, a record at the time and he was crap, god bless him.:claping hands:

Even when the game was rubbish he still made it entertaining.

£900k about right I think & we paid more for him than Speedie, someone got stitched up & I don't think it was Rangers

SkyBlueHomer

Richard Shaw was always weirdly popular with the happy-clappy types. Very overrated player if you ask me.

Not the best ever player but I had the pleasure of meeting him in Menorca last year. Really decent bloke & happy to talk to us even though he had just been sacked. Bet he thought the last people he would meet was couple of Cov fans

Joy Division

This is my team who could fall into the bracket, liked but was rubbish.

GK Scott Shearer

RB Martin Booty (call)
LB Marcus Hall
CB Jean-Guy Walleme
CB Richard Shaw

RW Laurent Delorge
CM Kevin Kilbane
CM Carlton Palmer
LW Runnar Normann

CF Robert Rosario
CF Steve Livingstone

lordsummerisle

Always liked Sean Flynn myself, but know a lot considered him crap.
Only about 2 foot tall, but compete with anybody in the air.

RoboCCFC90

This is my team who could fall into the bracket, liked but was rubbish.

GK Scott Shearer

RB Martin Booty (call)
LB Marcus Hall
CB Jean-Guy Walleme
CB Richard Shaw

RW Laurent Delorge
CM Kevin Kilbane
CM Carlton Palmer
LW Runnar Normann

CF Robert Rosario
CF Steve Livingstone

Marcus Hall was the shizzle!