Youtube accounts (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Is it true about a 1000 views gets you £1?

If so, can someone explains how it all works please?

gouldberg

You can Monetize a channel meaning YouTube place ads on your videos and share the revenue with you. Not sure of the exact figures but I know YouTube take about 40% of the revenue. Also all content must be your own creation otherwise copyright holders can claim the content. 3 copyright strikes and your channel is shut down. If you planned to post say football footage recorded at a game I think you'd be in murky water regarding content ownership.

Otis

You have to monetise your vids to allow ads to be attached to the start of your uploaded content.

Not sure about the 1,000 video mark though.

I stopped doing it cos the ads were annoying and I kept getting messages about 3rd party content even though I hadn't got any.

Otis

What have you put up there, One Direction videos?

How do you get so many viewers? I really struggle to get many and I think when people access via Facebook or Twitter it doesn't register does it.

Frustrates the hell out of me.

gouldberg

I think when people access via Facebook or Twitter it doesn't register does it.

If the viewer bypasses the advert nobody gets revenue. You used to be able to avoid adverts by using a console (xbox or ps3) and still can on some mobiles. AdBlock also means the view won't trigger the advert.

kdrinkell

What have you put up there, One Direction videos?

How do you get so many viewers? I really struggle to get many and I think when people access via Facebook or Twitter it doesn't register does it.

Yes one direction videos of course Otis

Users who are viewing this thread