Summer transfer window 2024 (67 Viewers)

ptr

So for me, the defence is poor. Goals conceded is a problem this year and plenty were soft. We have 2 young CBs that make rookie errors, we need an experienced CB in there, like what Fadz was before he got too old.
We need a new keeper. Collin’s is making the errors that Moore was making. He’s getting picked because he can play out and collect crosses better.
Both departments need a shake up. A solid defence with the goals we’ve scored (70 is it?) probably would be playoff contention.

Taking ages on the ball and then playing a hopsital pass into Sheaf or a sideways pass to Thomas doesn’t mean he can play out from the back. Shits himself when opposition press and distribution is dreadful. And collecting a cross? Unopposed maybe. Never seen him challenge opposition player in the air.

I am sure someone will screenshot a daft stat post from Twitter that tells you he’s class but my word, Oggy may as well put the kit when he walked on pitch at half time.

Brighton Sky Blue

Taking ages on the ball and then playing a hopsital pass into Sheaf or a sideways pass to Thomas doesn’t mean he can play out from the back. Shits himself when opposition press and distribution is dreadful. And collecting a cross? Unopposed maybe. Never seen him challenge opposition player in the air.

I am sure someone will screenshot a daft stat post from Twitter that tells you he’s class but my word, Oggy may as well put the kit when he walked on pitch at half time.
Compare that QPR keeper risking an injury in a dead rubber to beat Simms to a cross with Collins patting the ball to Che Adams

Brighton Sky Blue

Collins bottling thay should have been instant dropping. Honestly my 6 aside keeper wouldn't get away with that.
He’s done things that make no sense unless he’s either chucking games on purpose or his head has gone. Not even Simon Moore at his worst was doing some of this stuff.

AFCCOVENTRY

We need a new keeper. An experienced CB, a new left back, a new 10, possibly 2 and then we’re sorted ?

Nowhere near. We will probably have about 7 leaving and they need to be replaced plus we need to bolster the squad overall. 10 would be decent.

Winny the Bish

Watch Burrows too, fuck it just watch the lot of them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Burrows been fairly anonymous apart from 1 shot.
Kyprianou might be Posh's 2nd best CM. Collins more impressive with the ball.
EMC some nice touches, finding it difficult against low block and Oxford clearly know he's the danger man.

Last edited:

Deity

Very telling comments from Robins in his Cov Tele interview I thought ….

He talked to the players yesterday about the importance of being in it for the full journey, not using Cov as a stepping stone and looking to jump ship as soon as a better offer comes along …

I don’t think it was a dig at COH who has been with us for a while but maybe he already knows that some players agents are trying to get them another move this summer …. Sheaf ? Simms ? MVE ?

@Saddlebrains any views ?

Deity

If they want to use us as a stepping stone, they’ve got to put consistent top class performances in week in weeknout, so in that respect , I don’t mind as it benefits us.

Im also not that worried about any of them bar Sheaf
I don’t disagree to an extent @blindfaith but we need that over 2 to 3 seasons not one season or it is very difficult for us to find any consistent and momentum .

Viktor17

He talked to the players yesterday about the importance of being in it for the full journey, not using Cov as a stepping stone and looking to jump ship as soon as a better offer comes along …

I don’t think it was a dig at COH who has been with us for a while but maybe he already knows that some players agents are trying to get them another move this summer …. Sheaf ? Simms ? MVE ?

Can’t level that at sheaf he’s played over 100 games for us - if and when he leaves, he’s given us outstanding service

Skyblue_CP

Will need to busy a summer, we’ve got a really good foundation to build on and I trust Robins, King and the recruitment team to get it right. I make it 10 incomings as an ideal.

Out ➡️

Wilson
Moore

Binks
Bidwell

Kelly
Allen
O’Hare
Howley
Palmer

Godden
Tavares

*Squad*

GK:
New 1
Brad Collins
Kid

RB:
Milan Van Ewijk
Joel Lati

CB:
Bobby Thomas
Liam Kitching
New
New

LB:
New
Jay DaSilva

CM:
Ben Sheaf
Vic Torp
Josh Eccles
New

CAM:
New
New

LW:
Haji Wright
Ephron Mason-Clark

RW:
Tats Sakamoto
New

ST:
Ellis Simms
Haji Wright
New
New

Skyblue_CP

Will need to busy a summer, we’ve got a really good foundation to build on and I trust Robins, King and the recruitment team to get it right. I make it 10 incomings necessary with a couple more to bulk out the squad.

Out ➡️

Wilson
Moore

Binks
Bidwell

Kelly
Allen
O’Hare
Howley
Palmer

Godden
Tavares

*Squad*
GK:
New 1
Brad Collins
Kid

RB:
Milan Van Ewijk
Joel Lati

CB:
Bobby Thomas
Liam Kitching
New
New

LB:
New
Jay DaSilva

CM:
Ben Sheaf
Vic Torp
Josh Eccles
New

CAM:
New
New

LW:
Haji Wright
Ephron Mason-Clark

RW:
Tats Sakamoto
New

ST:
Ellis Simms
Haji Wright
New
New

Viktor17

Will need to busy a summer, we’ve got a really good foundation to build on and I trust Robins, King and the recruitment team to get it right. I make it 10 incomings as an ideal.

Out ➡️

Wilson
Moore

Binks
Bidwell

Kelly
Allen
O’Hare
Howley
Palmer

Godden
Tavares

*Squad*

GK:
New 1
Brad Collins
Kid

RB:
Milan Van Ewijk
Joel Lati

CB:
Bobby Thomas
Liam Kitching
New
New

LB:
New
Jay DaSilva

CM:
Ben Sheaf
Vic Torp
Josh Eccles
New

CAM:
New
New

LW:
Haji Wright
Ephron Mason-Clark

RW:
Tats Sakamoto
New

ST:
Ellis Simms
Haji Wright
New
New
This is exactly where we have to utilise loan market better / helps bridge gap of squad rebuilding.

Deity

Sounds like Binks is a contingency option if other targets don’t come to fruition or Binks becomes more affordable ….

Robins clearly knows we need more proven experience at the back

TomRad85

Out

Wilson
Moore

Binks
Bidwell

Kelly
Allen
O’Hare
Howley
Palmer

Godden
Tavares

*Squad*

GK:
New 1
Brad Collins
Kid

RB:
Milan Van Ewijk
Joel Lati

CB:
Bobby Thomas
Liam Kitching
New
New

LB:
New
Jay DaSilva

CM:
Ben Sheaf
Vic Torp
Josh Eccles
New

CAM:
New
New

LW:
Haji Wright
Ephron Mason-Clark

RW:
Tats Sakamoto
New

ST:
Ellis Simms
Haji Wright
New
New
Pretty much although I'd keep Tavares around tbh. Always had my doubts he could step up but credit where its due, he was decent towards the end. Either that or loan him out to get some proper game time, but I'm aware he just has the 1 year left atm.

Saddlebrains

Sheaf could go but only if someone meets the asking price.

But as i said the other day, he wont cause any issues if not the man is a consummate pro

Brighton Sky Blue

Out ➡️

Wilson
Moore

Binks
Bidwell

Kelly
Allen
O’Hare
Howley
Palmer

Godden
Tavares

*Squad*

GK:
New 1
Brad Collins
Kid

RB:
Milan Van Ewijk
Joel Lati

CB:
Bobby Thomas
Liam Kitching
New
New

LB:
New
Jay DaSilva

CM:
Ben Sheaf
Vic Torp
Josh Eccles
New

CAM:
New
New

LW:
Haji Wright
Ephron Mason-Clark

RW:
Tats Sakamoto
New

ST:
Ellis Simms
Haji Wright
New
New
We cannot spend the season with Dasilva and Lati as the full back rotation options.

rexo87

Nixon says Luton and Ipswich are after Sheaf. Also that Fulham have watched him and he’d be available for around 10m

TomRad85

Nixon says Luton and Ipswich are after Sheaf. Also that Fulham have watched him and he’d be available for around 10m
Luton got no chance if they come down. If the others cough up the asking price, which I suspect is north of 10m then fair enough.

Users who are viewing this thread