‘Expert’ season Prediction thread (2 Viewers)

Fergusons_Beard

442 Magazine season preview have us down as finishing a creditable 7th.

Nice review by the ever brilliant Lawrence @lonelyseason.

Weirdly Middlesboro top-hmm
717dbf5b09a9e63a019da3a09fb25c74.jpg

a8f123c0c1107569bb620371da5a8315.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sky Blue Harry H

If we finish above Swansea or Luton, I'll be happy, as they are two of the lesser lights that I fancy to be strong (outside of the parachute mob)

fatso

I think that's a fair assessment, shows how highly people rate us, and it's a fantastic achievement for MR who took over as we were about to drop into league 2.

lord_garrincha

Personally, I prefer 'our experts' on here predicting a season long capitulation.

We will be probably be 3 nil* up at half time at the Riverside, when only needing a point for the play offs, only for the January signing flop Gyokeres to score his first 4 goals for Boro in the 2nd half, and Burnley sneak in thanks to a CoH winner.

* = in case you were wondering, our 3 goals were scored by Vik's replacement... free agent Max Biamou.

Wow... What a season!

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Personally, I prefer 'our experts' on here predicting a season long capitulation.

We will be probably be 3 nil* up at half time at the Riverside, when only needing a point for the play offs, only for the January signing flop Gyokeres to score his first 4 goals for Boro in the 2nd half, and Burnley sneak in thanks to a CoH winner.

* = in case you were wondering, our 3 goals were scored by Vik's replacement... free agent Max Biamou.

Wow... What a season!
It’s still progression, and as long as Biamou is there no one other than Grendel can be disappointed

clint van damme

I think he's wrong and we'll finish somewhere between 12th -16th.
I think it's going to be hard to improve on last season, especially if we lose any of the big 3.

Terry_dactyl

I think he's wrong and we'll finish somewhere between 12th -16th.
I think it's going to be hard to improve on last season, especially if we lose any of the big 3.
I think you’re right. I’d settle for that…just don’t want to be in a relegation battle, which is always my fear.
It will be ‘interesting’ to see what happens if/when we sell ie will (some of) the money be reinvested. If it is, I’ll be more optimistic.
I think I’d be happy if we did those two Derby lads. It’d be a statement of intent.

Ashdown

Anything can happen in reality . Aside from player sales we could lose our cream to injuries at key times……on the flip side we might get lucky and have a strong squad throughout.

South West Sky Blue

Wow always so many pessimist on here. We have another season with our best players still here, a few very good additions and a fit ready to Godden. Nope i don't buy all this pessimism. We will finish top 6.
Not disagreeing with you, but we shouldn’t dismiss pessimists. I’m a mixture of thinking we can win every game, not getting too down after any defeat and constantly almost trying to be pessimistic. After four decades of supporting CCFC, I’ve found it hurts less if you don’t get your hopes up at the start!

Legia Sky Blue

Wow always so many pessimist on here. We have another season with our best players still here, a few very good additions and a fit ready to Godden. Nope i don't buy all this pessimism. We will finish top 6.

I'd feel more confident if this was anyone but you making this prediction. You never seem to be right!

Paxman II

I'd feel more confident if this was anyone but you making this prediction. You never seem to be right!

You are mistaken. I said we would win league 1 - we did. I said we had a great chance to get promoted last season. We had that chance, but ultimately dropped away just at the death. Now I'm saying we will be top 6. I beleive we will. Robins and Vivash have a sensible target and aim to reach it.
There are some good teams in this league and there are some poor teams in this league. We are among the good ones. You just have to look at what Forest who were bang average imo yet stole a leap on promotion. We are now an accomplished side and I will expect top 6....unless we lose our core players mind!

SlowerThanPlatt

You are mistaken. I said we would win league 1 - we did. I said we had a great chance to get promoted last season. We had that chance, but ultimately dropped away just at the death. Now I'm saying we will be top 6. I beleive we will. Robins and Vivash have a sensible target and aim to reach it.
There are some good teams in this league and there are some poor teams in this league. We are among the good ones. You just have to look at what Forest who were bang average imo yet stole a leap on promotion. We are now an accomplished side and I will expect top 6....unless we lose our core players mind!
Had any more conversations with your Sunderland contact recently?

Grendel

You say it every season though

Grendel

Can't always be right can we Grendel. Like to hear your prediction tbf?

If o hare does go and no new players are added and if Wilson is indeed number 1 next season I can’t see it being hugely successful.

Paxman II

If o hare does go and no new players are added and if Wilson is indeed number 1 next season I can’t see it being hugely successful.

Well Grendel I agree with that tbf. Yeah O'Hare is key, and we need a really good left wing back.

SlowerThanPlatt

Godden gets a mention in Sporting Life’s top goalscorer preview

Coventry's MATT GODDEN, who has shown that he meets the level required to meet the place terms on offer, was going to be the third selection in this preview, but in between writing and publishing, his price has crashed from 66/1 to 33/1.

Because of that, I won't be putting him up as an official play, but will highlight my reasoning on the off chance you would still be interested at taking the 33s.

Coventry created chances equating to an average of 1.50 xG per game last season, the fifth highest figure in the Championship, showing a propensity to provide opportunities for their forward players.

Viktor Gyökeres is now around the same price having netted 18 times for Coventry last season, but Godden's 12 goals came in limited time, playing just 1,710 minutes in an interrupted 2021/22.

Godden averaged 0.52 xG per average match, 0.11 more than Gyökeres, so the disparity in price between the pair isn't reflective of performance.

Football outright tips: Championship 22/23 Top Scorer betting tips

TomRad85

Prefer to wait until the business is done to give an opinion, if we keep what we have and add 1 or 2 more I think we'll do pretty well.
If we get one of our top players nicked, don't replace them and in addition Robins loses his mind and thinks Wilson is a first choice Championship goalie, we could do pretty badly.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Gibbo

Defences have got Big Vik's number in his second season so goals dry up. The continued inclusion of MacF means City leak aerial goals. The club slip close to the relegation zone by Xmas

But a surge after Christmas pulls us clear largely due to good defence from Doyle and Panzo and the acquisition of a new striker on loan in january.

Finish 12th. Which as we have spent bugger all is about right

Club now in what is known as the Thorne-Coleman-Bothroyd holding pattern

SeaSeeEffCee

Can’t see us having the squad for a play-off challenge. Squad is smaller than it was last year and we were struggling to find enough quality for the bench with 2 less subs.

shmmeee

Full of hope at the moment. No big sales, 100% record in preseason. A few players with another year of growth in them and one or two new faces that in theory should up the quality and depth.

If we keep everyone and keep them fit and on form, I can see a good fist of a top challenge. League looks a lot harder this season though and the six of the relegated team, Sheff Utd, Boro and West Brom look tough to break into, but one or two of a group like that always slip up.

Users who are viewing this thread