‘Expert’ season Prediction thread (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Defences have got Big Vik's number in his second season so goals dry up. The continued inclusion of MacF means City leak aerial goals. The club slip close to the relegation zone by Xmas

But a surge after Christmas pulls us clear largely due to good defence from Doyle and Panzo and the acquisition of a new striker on loan in january.

Finish 12th. Which as we have spent bugger all is about right

Club now in what is known as the Thorne-Coleman-Bothroyd holding pattern

Viks goals won't dry up.
You're right, is playing style is very predictable, but you've still got to stop him!

junglej13

Strange summer really with so little churn in the squad and so little budget available. Not much has changed with the squad and based on where we are now I don't see our league position changing much. Probably finish just in the top half.

long way home

Our start is key, if we pick up wins early and get on a roll im sure MR has an idea and a plan of how to sustain it. If we get to Jan and we are in and around those play off places it will be very interesting to see the actions of the owners.

If we get 2 signings in or 3 with LWB, RWB and an attacking player by close of window i feel we will be a stronger squad and be able to improve on last season.

Happy_Martian

Think we'll finish somewhere from 12th up as far as 8th. Squad is still not playoff worthy unless we can pull in a couple of league-breaking loans. We've lost a couple of loans that helped us tick last year and the defensive gaps haven't been replaced. Yes, we have got Doyle and Panzo and I wish they both have amazing seasons for us. But, to me, they are concerns as they both haven't had many games at this level and our defence is already fragile. It will be interesting to see if Palmer's arrival spurs CoH on or whether they compliment each others play style.

Norwich, Stoke and Watford are my 3 for promotion. Burnley will get to the playoffs but their crazy expenditure preseason will test the addage "they won't have time to knit as a team". Stoke have spent but their buys look to improve their squad, not replace it.

Top goalscorers : Vik with 15, God with 14.

If CoH gets 5 goals by October, I see him being a real threat after Xmas (if we still have him then).

As always with my predictions, please take the above text with more than a pinch of salt.... a lot more :)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Who is he?
He’s an Ipswich fan who does these championship videos, as he started a while ago when they were in it. He normally does a lot of research for his videos and offers a very balanced and realistic view. But here I just cannot see 14th. He may change it in his later predictions as sometimes people do their “proper” predictions after first game or something after seeing how they compare against another team

blunted

Defences have got Big Vik's number in his second season so goals dry up. The continued inclusion of MacF means City leak aerial goals. The club slip close to the relegation zone by Xmas

But a surge after Christmas pulls us clear largely due to good defence from Doyle and Panzo and the acquisition of a new striker on loan in january.

Finish 12th. Which as we have spent bugger all is about right

Club now in what is known as the Thorne-Coleman-Bothroyd holding pattern
No way Jose. Remember JCS saying when he had to mark Gyo in training he was an absolute beast and even when he knew what he was going to do he could not stop him. That to me is a reflection of how good Gyo is, not how poot JCS was. Think how poor we were in our first season, well off the pace. Second season almost cracked it. Loads more experience now. Think only injuries or loss of players to other clubs can halt our progress.

Ian1779

Torquay Sky Blue

Keeping the squad together is huge. A year older , a year more experienced and confident at this level will make a massive difference. Can only see an improvement on last season . Hopefully iron out the weak early defending and start to show consistency.
I think top six is very achievable

SlowerThanPlatt

Neil Warnock for The Sun:

COVENTRY

MARK ROBINS is one of the unsung heroes of the Championship and I’m surprised he’s still at Coventry because you’d have thought a club higher up would have taken him by now.

He’s one of the brightest managers in the league but just goes about his business. He doesn’t get flustered and has a way of playing. I do like Viktor Gyokeres up top for them. Mid-table, pushing for the play-offs, is a realistic expectation.

Users who are viewing this thread