‘It’ll be a good window if we keep what we have’ (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I don't see alternative investors queuing round the block with their millions ready to takeover the club.......

Well that’s the problem given the club is worth £1

johnwillomagic

Indeed which is my major point about the stupid poll set up ......nobody knows a viable alternative currently to Joy & Co,

Could we get better owners than SISU ......quite possibly
Could we also get worse owner too like a car crash Dale Evans.......also quite possibly!

Brighton Sky Blue

Indeed which is my major point about the stupid poll set up ......nobody knows a viable alternative currently to Joy & Co,

Could we get better owners than SISU ......quite possibly
Could we also get worse owner too like a car crash Dale Evans.......also quite possibly!

It’s a poll not an approach to Joe Dhinsa

johnwillomagic

Fair enough I just personally can't see how anyone can click anything other than don't know in the current climate really!
Hey it's all down to opinions though which is why this forum is so great!

Brighton Sky Blue

Fair enough I just personally can't see how anyone can click anything other than don't know in the current climate really!

Absolutely fair enough, I was just genuinely interested to see the prevailing opinion

Grendel

You’ve always been up Sisus arse

clint van damme

For me we currently have a squad of about 15 or 16 championship players, the rest aren't up to scratch.
That's why I think Robins has to risk not having adequate cover in certain positions, if he has a bigger squad then he has to sacrifice some quality.
It's not really good enough. I'm not asking for the owners to fiance a 30 million spending spree, just allow the manager to bolster the squad with 3 or 4 more players at the level of our best 15 or 16.

skybluegod

The big clubs scoop up all the talent in the lower leagues and have upto 30 players in or around their first team but 3 first team players get Covid they call a game off! Tell them to get on with it. It’s ok to play a team like Coventry in a cup game and rest 7 players but Covid comes up it’s a disaster. 🤦‍♀️

I mean that's just nots what is happening is it? You only have to look at the games that have gone ahead to see that squads have been decimated for top teams.

Even Chelsea who probably have the biggest squad in the league have had 6 players which includes 2 keepers on the bench today.

Liverpool, not hit so badly but still missing about 10 players.

Leeds yesterday is ridiculous. Everton earlier in the week had about 10 players I had never heard of.

Very easy to say man up and get on with it from the comfort of one's sofa, without actually considering the risk to players welfare and health.

Garryb80

I mean that's just nots what is happening is it? You only have to look at the games that have gone ahead to see that squads have been decimated for top teams.

Even Chelsea who probably have the biggest squad in the league have had 6 players which includes 2 keepers on the bench today.

Liverpool, not hit so badly but still missing about 10 players.

Leeds yesterday is ridiculous. Everton earlier in the week had about 10 players I had never heard of.

Very easy to say man up and get on with it from the comfort of one's sofa, without actually considering the risk to players welfare and health.
Yet I'm fairly sure none of them are severely ill.

skybluegod

Yet I'm fairly sure none of them are severely ill.

Because they have only had it for the last week to 10 days at max? Considering it takes at least that amount of time to result in hospitalisation on average that would be why wouldn't it?

Not only that but we have seen the likes of Darlow hospitalised previously. Saint-maximin got it badly last year. It's not up to fans to decide if they should take the risk. Even if only one player gets it badly that's not on us to decide that's acceptable it's up to clubs and players as is their right.

I'm sure you'd be delighted if you were told by your employer to come into a covid rife environment.

This isn't to mean matches shouldn't take place. But they shouldn't take place if the risk is too high which clubs clearly feel it is at the moment.

Liquid Gold

I’d obviously like us to bring some good bodies in and go for it.

I think the questions is if we were offered the summer budget to spend now but we missed out and had nothing then for the summer would you take it.

CovBrummie94

I think supporters really need to decide what they want from the owners

We are now back where we started and almost in the same league standing as 20 years ago - and really to an extent it’s a fortune of circumstance. Fans are backing the club but the owners are not. Literally not backing at all in terms of transfer budget

We could easily be Barnsley next season. It’s a back to the future moment

We could just as easily be Blackburn next season.

baldy

Because they have only had it for the last week to 10 days at max? Considering it takes at least that amount of time to result in hospitalisation on average that would be why wouldn't it?

Not only that but we have seen the likes of Darlow hospitalised previously. Saint-maximin got it badly last year. It's not up to fans to decide if they should take the risk. Even if only one player gets it badly that's not on us to decide that's acceptable it's up to clubs and players as is their right.

I'm sure you'd be delighted if you were told by your employer to come into a covid rife environment.

This isn't to mean matches shouldn't take place. But they shouldn't take place if the risk is too high which clubs clearly feel it is at the moment.

I’m expected by my bosses to work in a possible covid rife environment every day seeing as social distancing isn’t adhered to at all,patients & their parents don’t test before they come into the hospital & they come right up to the reception desks etc,staff don’t test either & stand around in corridors talking plus all have lunch together etc - Why should players be different?

clint van damme

I’m expected by my bosses to work in a possible covid rife environment every day seeing as social distancing isn’t adhered to at all,patients & their parents don’t test before they come into the hospital & they come right up to the reception desks etc,staff don’t test either & stand around in corridors talking plus all have lunch together etc - Why should players be different?

Yeah, why should clubs try and protect highly paid athletes from a respiratory condition, what harm can it do?

Saddlebrains

if were honest, we arent ready for playoffs and will probably end up mid-table. And that's not a bad thing at all considering where we've come from.

We still have a fair bit o L1/L2 standard fodder to bin off

Drysdale
Pask
Dacosta
Shipley
Jobello
Hillsner

To try and maintain a top 6 push with that dross to come in if we get hit by injuries is impossible.

However, get rid of that lot in the summer, add a quality CB, LWB, ST + CAM and the skys the limit

Brighton Sky Blue

if were honest, we arent ready for playoffs and will probably end up mid-table. And that's not a bad thing at all considering where we've come from.

Drysdale
Pask
Dacosta
Shipley
Jobello
Hillsner

To try and maintain a top 6 push with that dross to come in if we get hit by injuries is impossible.

However, get rid of that lot in the summer, add a quality CB, LWB, ST + CAM and the skys the limit

Not that straightforward. McF cannot keep going indefinitely, Maatsen will have to be replaced etc

steve cooper

Drysdale
Pask
Dacosta
Shipley
Jobello
Hillsner

We would have to be hit with a lot of injuries for any of those players to be in the reckoning. We have championship level cover for all the positions those players play in.

Brighton Sky Blue

We would have to be hit with a lot of injuries for any of those players to be in the reckoning. We have championship level cover for all the positions those players play in.

Well if you take position by position

GK There is just Wilson as cover-not good enough
LWB We have just Dabo to put out of position
CB There is currently nobody to cover here and that’s with one injury
RWB Yep fine
CDM With one injury to Hamer we are down to having nobody able to cover. Eccles is promising but we really can’t say either way if he is Championship quality.
CAM It’s really just O’Hare let’s be honest-no disrespect to Allen/Jones.
Up front yep absolutely

Seems to me we’re a few more absences from being really exposed.

Users who are viewing this thread