‘The best team we’ve played this season’ (1 Viewer)

ms639

Again…

Another manager citing us as the best team they’ve played this season. I know as football fans we tend to be glass half empty folk ‘well yeah but we didn’t win again’

The progress we’ve made is phenomenal, we have such a signature style of playing football and players signed up to longer term deals who understand the way we play, it’s so important for the future.

A little more quality in front of goal and a couple of additions in the summer and we’ll be in the play offs next season for sure.

Massive optimism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob9872

I'm finding this irritating now. Best team, best fans etc etc every week. Not disputing it, just need to turn them into wins. I'd rather points than praise and much preferred the away win at Hull when we were pretty poor but held on for a grim 1 nil.

Offhegoes

We have been great this season, last season we looked liked conceding every time the opposition attacked, and although we played some great stuff early on in the season, we got nowhere close to winning games. Robins changed it, went ugly & direct, and we stayed up comfortably. I am happy we have found a way to play attractively, and win, or certainly compete this season and have tightened up at the back. I expect this will improve again next season. Apart from the Luton & Preston games, we have probably been the better team in all our fixtures, and lady luck has not been on our side.

Hutch11

Think we gave wba far too much respect , Luton was a catastrophe and pne second half was a bit pants but you're right, we've been competitive in all games , we're not there yet but we're building

SeaSeeEffCee

It’s nice to be playing well but we aren’t getting results and ultimately it looks like this season this season is going to peter out into a whole load of nothing because of it. Additionally, it’s hard to be overly optimistic for next season given who our owners are and the fact that there are no guarantees that we’ll keep hold of our best players/any fees received for said players will be reinvested in the playing staff. Robins has performed miracles with the resources he’s been given, but it’s not sustainable with the current level of investment, and that’s why some of us get so pissed off by us playing well and not winning. Feels like a missed opportunity we might not get again.

chiefdave

Robins is right , we are very close to being a very very good side at this level , we just need to perfect our craft
Assuming we don't go up, which to be honest I've not at any point this season thought was likely, then the summer will be key. Not expecting our owners to have a sudden change and start splashing the cash but holding onto our better players and strengthening in a couple of key positions would be nice rather than losing our best players and being back to square one.

Sky Blue Pete

Again…

Another manager citing us as the best team they’ve played this season. I know as football fans we tend to be glass half empty folk ‘well yeah but we didn’t win again’

The progress we’ve made is phenomenal, we have such a signature style of playing football and players signed up to longer term deals who understand the way we play, it’s so important for the future.

A little more quality in front of goal and a couple of additions in the summer and we’ll be in the play offs next season for sure.

Massive optimism

What does he know? Where’s his badges? He’s only saying that cause they beat us? He’s entitled to his opinion but he’s not Grendel

ajsccfc

I find it frustrating to constantly be praised by teams and fans we don't beat, but I'm also content with it if the team isn't broken up and instead is allowed to make that final step to being the potent force we show potential to be. I'm not holding my breath, but with a few years of constant progress I'm leaning on the optimistic side for now

stupot07

We may he the best side they have played but we are currently only 18th best side in the league over the last 10 games.

f8d968bcbbc431486065ffe1f9f2602a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

Watching us play this season is a real pleasure. It is difficult to think of more than a game or two where we haven’t been the best team and where the football we have played hasn’t been terrific to watch. Having watched us for 55 years there have been some seasons when the football has been absolute dross and where attending matches hasn’t been enjoyable at all. Even after five years of continuous improvement season on season, on a crap budget and in some of the most difficult circumstances imaginable, the usual crew have no little or no faith in Robins or many (any?) of the players. (See the match thread for proof of this). After watching us play the way we have this season and in particular the last few games starting at Huddersfield, how anyone can site Ady Boothroyd’s methods, or long ball in general as the way forward is just beyond belief. We may not make the play offs this season, although I think we still have a chance. Where ever we finish, I would much rather see us playing the way we are when we are so obviously close to being an excellent Championship team, than throw everything into reverse and play like Birmingham. Imagine watching that style of play every week.

Brighton Sky Blue

Watching us play this season is a real pleasure. It is difficult to think of more than a game or two where we haven’t been the best team and where the football we have played hasn’t been terrific to watch. Having watched us for 55 years there have been some seasons when the football has been absolute dross and where attending matches hasn’t been enjoyable at all. Even after five years of continuous improvement season on season, on a crap budget and in some of the most difficult circumstances imaginable, the usual crew have no little or no faith in Robins or many (any?) of the players. (See the match thread for proof of this). After watching us play the way we have this season and in particular the last few games starting at Huddersfield, how anyone can site Ady Boothroyd’s methods, or long ball in general is just beyond belief. We may not make the play offs this season, although I think we still have a chance. Where ever we finish, I would much rather see us playing the way we are when we are so obviously close to being an excellent Championship team, than throw everything into reverse and play like Birmingham. Imagine watching that style of play every week.

I think those blaming the manager or individual players are in a small minority. Much louder are complaints about owners who clearly just don’t care about our performance and are more bothered on draining funds away.

Irish Sky Blue

I think those blaming the manager or individual players are in a small minority. Much louder are complaints about owners who clearly just don’t care about our performance and are more bothered on draining funds away.
I will be as pleased as anyone when Sisu finally pack their bags. The point that I was making is that some of the posters on here just can’t seem to see anything good in the way we are playing or in the players who are producing some fantastic football. Read some of the comments about O’Hare on the match thread, or even on Gyorkeres before he scored. Robins is usually fairly low key in his comments after games, win or lose. I thought it was interesting the way he praised the team and the way they played last night. Just a shame that some on here can’t see what Robins and just about every opposing manager can see and that is that we are not far off being an excellent Championship team. Some feat to be where we are now compared to five seasons ago.

Brighton Sky Blue

I will be as pleased as anyone when Sisu finally pack their bags. The point that I was making is that some of the posters on here just can’t seem to see anything good in the way we are playing or in the players who are producing some fantastic football. Read some of the comments about O’Hare on the match thread, or even on Gyorkeres before he scored. Robins is usually fairly low key in his comments after games, win or lose. I thought it was interesting the way he praised the team and the way they played last night. Just a shame that some on here can’t see what Robins and just about every opposing manager can see and that is that we are not far off being an excellent Championship team. Some feat to be where we are now compared to five seasons ago.

I think those posters are few in number is all.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

To be honest I'm sick of it.

I'd rather be hated as we laugh our way to the PL than everybody love us and take points off us.

Yes we're great to watch but results need to follow.
Imagine how bad it will be if/when we ever get promoted to the PL. We will somehow survive the first season and everyone will start throwing their toys out the pram when we aren't going for top four the next season. It's embarrassing.

"Results need to follow" - We "needed" to get out of League 2 at the first time of asking. We are now a Championship team, playing some of the best football we have seen in years/decades. Yes, of course we'd all fucking like to win the league and get new owners who will take us there. This isn't the end goal. I am not satisfied with only ever being a Championship club, but I am also not gonna start having a shit fit when we only improve and not drastically overachieving.

If you ain't enjoying it now, you never will. Can't quite believe how many people are getting themselves in a tizz because we haven't maintained the exceptionally high standards we set ourselves at the start of the season on a budget that is nowhere near equipped for the top third of the division.

People on here regularly talk about delusional fanbases, some of the stuff on here certainly qualifies.

Johhny Blue

With Covid and travel restrictions I haven’t made it to a game this year but ifollow has been worth every penny. We’re playing entertaining football almost every game and we have enjoyed more than our share of late drama.
Robins sums it up well as we’re almost perfect. I’m not even sure we’re desperate for additions to what we have. The players gel well and just need a little extra. They are developing into something special despite the shit they must read on here.
Roll on Saturday

Liquid Gold

Imagine how bad it will be if/when we ever get promoted to the PL. We will somehow survive the first season and everyone will start throwing their toys out the pram when we aren't going for top four the next season. It's embarrassing.

"Results need to follow" - We "needed" to get out of League 2 at the first time of asking. We are now a Championship team, playing some of the best football we have seen in years/decades. Yes, of course we'd all fucking like to win the league and get new owners who will take us there. This isn't the end goal. I am not satisfied with only ever being a Championship club, but I am also not gonna start having a shit fit when we only improve and not drastically overachieving.

If you ain't enjoying it now, you never will. Can't quite believe how many people are getting themselves in a tizz because we haven't maintained the exceptionally high standards we set ourselves at the start of the season on a budget that is nowhere near equipped for the top third of the division.

People on here regularly talk about delusional fanbases, some of the stuff on here certainly qualifies.
I’m just bored of the same shit from managers every week. They wouldn’t be saying we’re the best team they’ve played if we were beating them. It’s just niceties they can say knowing they’ve taken points from us.

We need to actually win games to be the best team everyone has played being the point. Not that we’re in desperation to win games.

You talk about getting in a tizz when you can’t handle a bit of perspective about being fed up that a team that’s been one of the worst for results in the league for 4 months is constantly praised by the opposition.

lordy_87

We just lack that cutting edge and final quality - we carve out countless good positions and opportunities. If we can add that we would pummel teams pretty much every week.

Trouble is that costs money which SISU will not spend.

lifeskyblue

Of course I want us to win matches and get to the Premier League but I also want to watch good and exciting football. We are making great progress and playing well (but just not being clinical in the box) and for other managers to comment on our style and ability is fantastic. I’m happy with the clubs direction of travel and long may I look forward to going up to watch the brand of football on offer. Keep this squad together with a couple of additions in the summer and we could be in for a great season next year.

ms639

Lol I think my point was proven. Shoe string budget for the league and playing some fantastic football and people are fucking fuming

skybluegod

I'd rather be hated as we laugh our way to the PL than everybody love us and take points off us.

I completely get the argument, but it doesn't stand up long term. Look at the likes of WBA this season, played shit football but were winning as soon as a couple of results go against you by in large people are both then not entertained and you aren't winning to make up for that fact.

Same argument can be said for any team managed by the likes Warnock, Big Sam etc over the years. All driven out because of their lack of ability to develop positive/pleasing styles of play.

Of course, if we can put them both together happy days. But it's building slowly. Results will follow maybe not necessarily this season but fingers crossed with a good summer window we could be in a far far better place.

shmmeee

Lol I think my point was proven. Shoe string budget for the league and playing some fantastic football and people are fucking fuming

People are “fuming” because we’re doing so well and are so close to achieving something which would fundamentally change the financial status of the club and end 20 years of shit.

If we were farting about in midtable looking like we need three or four players then people wouldn’t be frustrated with the owners. But we’re literally one goal scoring AM away in a lot of peoples eyes. And we just watched half the league sign or loan one for not much while we shipped so much deadwood out we could become a supplier to IKEA.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I completely get the argument, but it doesn't stand up long term. Look at the likes of WBA this season, played shit football but were winning as soon as a couple of results go against you by in large people are both then not entertained and you aren't winning to make up for that fact.

Same argument can be said for any team managed by the likes Warnock, Big Sam etc over the years. All driven out because of their lack of ability to develop positive/pleasing styles of play.

Of course, if we can put them both together happy days. But it's building slowly. Results will follow maybe not necessarily this season but fingers crossed with a good summer window we could be in a far far better place.
See us under Boothroyd. Nearly (or just?) in playoffs, but when results turned our patience soon ran out.

Blind-Faith

Took the words right out my mouth. Sick and tired of reading opposition managers saying this after every game.

Yorkshire SB

Got to be happy with how we’ve done this season. Fancy us to get a run going again soon. Performances are there but we’re not getting the results. Play offs not over by any stretch.

Sick Boy

Who cares what it’s like to watch, results are more important.

Users who are viewing this thread