‘The best team we’ve played this season’ (1 Viewer)

SAJ

I think those blaming the manager or individual players are in a small minority. Much louder are complaints about owners who clearly just don’t care about our performance and are more bothered on draining funds away.
What rate do you think limited companies pay for £20,000,000 unsecured loans without a finite period of time?

slowpoke

Hard to get the brain matter going but I reckon the best team I’ve seen at the CBS were Forest, Swansea were efficient same as Albion, away haven’t seen every game but i can’t see passed Luton 0-5 days it all. it’s the only game away that I’ve seen where we got what we deserved a thrashing, every other I’ve seen which we lost we could have got something

Gint11

We’re making progress on last season in many ways. It’s obvious what we need for next season to take us further. Trust in MR to sort it.

We are a finisher and no10 away from being league winners. I’m serious. If we took our chances this season we’d be in the top 2.

cc84cov

We’re making progress on last season in many ways. It’s obvious what we need for next season to take us further. Trust in MR to sort it.

We are a finisher and no10 away from being league winners. I’m serious. If we took our chances this season we’d be in the top 2.
We don’t wanna spend money and look to cash in on any star players we ain’t winning no league any time soon

Gint11

We don’t wanna spend money and look to cash in on any star players we ain’t winning no league any time soon

With this current team, the way we play, if we took our chances we’d be up there. If we sell our best players which we will do, then it’s down to recruitment and the cycle goes round again. We’re a selling club, all clubs are. That’s why in our case we have to make steady progress and do it in small chunks

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Don't know about everyone else but last night the same as many games this season those extra 2 point should have been ours. I do think it is just a little bit of luck we need, and believe this evens up so I expect the end of the season to be great.

Skybluedownunder

Goals win games and unfortunately we just don’t get enough goals outside of Godden & Gyokeres. Our midfield should be scoring way more.

If only O’Hare could add goals and assists to his game and he would be a lethal player.

Problem is we play with wing backs instead of wingers, we are set up in quite a defensive formation and usually you’d get goals come from wingers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garryb80

Goals win games and unfortunately we just don’t get enough goals outside of Godden & Gyokeres. Our midfield should be scoring way more.

If only O’Hare could add goals and assists to his game and he would be a lethal player.

Problem is we play with wing backs instead of wingers, we are set up in quite a defensive formation and usually you’d get goals come from wingers

Most teams seem to play wing backs now. Adomah scored from there against us. The problem is our wing backs don't score.

Travs

Of course, if O'Hare and Hamer start knocking in a decent tally of goals, while continuing to play to their current level in other areas, they'll be gone from us very quickly.

shmmeee

Of course, if O'Hare and Hamer start knocking in a decent tally of goals, while continuing to play to their current level in other areas, they'll be gone from us very quickly.

That’s what we want though. We need to sell to have the funds to progress the squad.

PVA

If you look at the squad this time last year the improvement in quality is ridiculously good.

If we can improve the same amount again by this time next year then we'll be right up there.

Find improvements on Shipley, Allen, Kelly etc and our squad will look great.

Skybluedownunder

If you look at the squad this time last year the improvement in quality is ridiculously good.

If we can improve the same amount again by this time next year then we'll be right up there.

With Kelly injured again I think it’s time to let him go, he’s always out for half a season! From memory we signed him up on a 2 year deal last summer.
Shipley, Kelly, Jodi, Allen, Pask all time to go.

Fingers crossed Hillsner & DaCosta find permanent clubs.

A part of me still hopes Walker will come good by spending time out on loan and getting his confidence back up and dislodging Waghorn as 3rd choice but maybe it’s best to just cash in and try someone new

SlowerThanPlatt

With Kelly injured again I think it’s time to let him go, he’s always out for half a season! From memory we signed him up on a 2 year deal last summer.
Shipley, Kelly, Jodi, Allen, Pask all time to go.

Fingers crossed Hillsner & DaCosta find permanent clubs.

A part of me still hopes Walker will come good by spending time out on loan and getting his confidence back up and dislodging Waghorn as 3rd choice but maybe it’s best to just cash in and try someone new

Hilssner was unused sub last game for his new club and Da Costa was subbed at half time

Malaka

Personally, I like the football we are playing, we always have a chance of winning and I like being in the championship. Too many times I have left a football match where we have been thrashed, created no chances and don't expect to win and have a miserable weekend. I would rather stay here for another season or two and then hit the premier league. It is too soon for us to get promoted. We are building, something that seems to be forgotten by one or two on here.

SlowerThanPlatt

We want to lose them. That’s what “the model” is supposed to be, you sell them for an inflated fee then through the scouting system in place bring in a undervalued player who’s at least as good.

shmmeee

Which is fine until other sides with more money cotton on then scoop our deals

That can happen at any level of transfer purchase though. Our advantage over a Bournemouth or similar should be “you’ll get in the first team”. Reading between the lines it seems we missed out on people like Twine because we didn’t offer this in the summer, so he went to MK Dons. But we should’ve been confident enough in our scouting process and coaching to say he’d get a chance at Championship level, which clearly he would’ve.

Our whole advantage is hungry young players who want to prove themselves. It’s why Waghorn and Bidwell are such weird signings TBH.

stupot07

The worry is Gyok, Harmer and O'Hare all leave in the summer. Whislt that would bring in much needed funds, even if we're only able to spend half off it, we would be having to replace not build on our best players.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That can happen at any level of transfer purchase though. Our advantage over a Bournemouth or similar should be “you’ll get in the first team”. Reading between the lines it seems we missed out on people like Twine because we didn’t offer this in the summer, so he went to MK Dons. But we should’ve been confident enough in our scouting process and coaching to say he’d get a chance at Championship level, which clearly he would’ve.

Our whole advantage is hungry young players who want to prove themselves. It’s why Waghorn and Bidwell are such weird signings TBH.
It does feel like a missed opportunity, considering we signed Bright instead. The we'd probably have had Shipley, Allen and Jones leave in the summer to free up wages for a single decent replacement for them all.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The worry is Gyok, Harmer and O'Hare all leave in the summer. Whislt that would bring in much needed funds, even if we're only able to spend half off it, we would be having to replace not build on our best players.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Uncertainty too. Chances are with our budget we'd be having to take a bit of a chance on someone and you can never be sure how that's going to go. It was that which ultimately led to our PL relegation. Eventually we got one wrong with Bellamy and we were stuffed.

ajsccfc

If anyone's sick of being praised by the opposition it sounds like there's little danger of that so far today

Grendel

The get in the first team argument was one that Ken Deliu used to justify lack of squad depth

Grendel

We want to lose them. That’s what “the model” is supposed to be, you sell them for an inflated fee then through the scouting system in place bring in a undervalued player who’s at least as good.

The higher the leagues you go to of course the harder like for like on the cheap recruitment becomes

Users who are viewing this thread