“Robins gives update on bids” (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

No new bids apparently although their probably just hoping to drum up more interest before the window shuts 😝

SlowerThanPlatt

Robins rubbishing Boddy

Asked for an update on the situation, whether the club have received any renewed or improved ‘substantial’ bids for players, Robins told CoventryLive: “Substantial wasn’t my word. But we have not had any substantial bids, no. No-one has come back. They have not been substantial enough.

Nick

Administrator
Asked for an update on the situation, whether the club have received any renewed or improved ‘substantial’ bids for players, Robins told CoventryLive: “Substantial wasn’t my word. But we have not had any substantial bids, no. No-one has come back. They have not been substantial enough.

“But nobody will come back. That will be it.”

Grendel

Boddy talking it up as “significant” when it was nothing but then

Boddy dribbling at the Sisu temple as ever. I wish he’d sell someone and Robins actually leaves the church - let’s see what the fans think of Big Dave then

Saddlebrains

Prett disappointed in Boddy with this tbf

Ive been a fan of his. But as We know MR doesn't beat around the bush, and if he declares them as not significant bids then it must be paltry

Weird for Boddy to claim otherwise

Skybluebeliever

Boddy talking it up as “significant” when it was nothing but then
I think they were probably significant in terms of bids we have received for previous transfers and probably would have been entertained before but I would imagine where we are as a club and the position the club are now in they are looking for way more for players

I would think we’ve never turned down a bid in recent seasons ( we might have turned down the initial bid but eventually that player would have gone)

Mucca Mad Boys

Ive been a fan of his. But as We know MR doesn't beat around the bush, and if he declares them as not significant bids then it must be paltry

There isn’t a story here, I don’t think. I remember when Watford got relegated and Aidy Boothroyd responding to rumours about Marlon King said he was worth £60 million… That’s how silly manager’s valuations can be.

SAJ

Robins rubbishing Boddy

substantial or significant is a matter of opinion. What may be substantial to me may not be to you.

SleepyGinger

I think they were probably significant in terms of bids we have received for previous transfers and probably would have been entertained before but I would imagine where we are as a club and the position the club are now in they are looking for way more for players

I would think we’ve never turned down a bid in recent seasons ( we might have turned down the initial bid but eventually that player would have gone)

Any idea who the bids were for?

Grendel

What do you mean by 'leave the church'? Resign? Or just speak out against having players sold from under him?

Robins is very much behind the owners

He’s hardly the most enigmatic of characters but even by his own standards he’s sounded somewhat disappointed with the Book of Sisu of late.

Grendel

Wtf why would you want that???
Oh yep not a big fan of robins are you

I’ve explained why I’ve not and if he started to voice concerns over the ownerships lack of direction and support clearly his popularity will increase

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Robins is very much behind the owners

He’s hardly the most enigmatic of characters but even by his own standards he’s sounded somewhat disappointed with the Book of Sisu of late.
You'd have to be really, he came back knowing full well what they were like so it's not surprising. I get where you are coming from but my worry if Robins were to say "fuck this shit, i'm off" is what the hell do we end up with? SISU aren't going to find a buyer that's willing to pay the money they'd likely be after so id rather keep a successful manager that toes the line for the forseeable.

clint van damme

You'd have to be really, he came back knowing full well what they were like so it's not surprising. I get where you are coming from but my worry if Robins were to say "fuck this shit, i'm off" is what the hell do we end up with? SISU aren't going to find a buyer that's willing to pay the money they'd likely be after so id rather keep a successful manager that toes the line for the forseeable.

How much do you think they want?

Grendel

I cant believe some G want's one of the best managers we've ever had to leave, just to stick it to the owners.

Don’t think I said that exactly

Sky Blue Pete

I’ve explained why I’ve not and if he started to voice concerns over the ownerships lack of direction and support clearly his popularity will increase
Nah I think he quite likes the relationship and it’s clearly mutually beneficial. I don’t know as I’ve never met the guy

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

How much do you think they want?
Complete guesswork on my part clearly but we've got quite a bit piled up in debt to them now which rakes in about £1m in interest per season doesn't it? They'd presumably want the debts paid off and a chunk on top for loss of the income stream, possibly more to cover any investment they've made that isn't covered by the current debt too.

Grendel

Grendel

If we had new owners, would you be happy with robins leading us forward?

If the new owners considered him the man for the job then yes clearly

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread