“Robins gives update on bids” (1 Viewer)

shepardo01

You might be right there G. I used to work with a Worcester City fan and he reckoned DB was at the root cause of their issues. I don't know what he was supposed to have done as I wasnt that interested at the time tbh.
Something to do with the council, their old ground (St George's Lane- proper old school non-league ground) and it being sold off leaving then homeless.
I know no more than that and can't be bothered to look right now!

Think DB seems to have been, as a few others have said, a fairly big player in a lot of the good stuff (mentioned in this thread) that has happened in the last few years.

Sky Blue Pete

Dont forget cheaper season tickets, free members shirts and got the hummel sponsorship (better designed kits)....PUSB
I wasn’t trying to add anything. But yep the best club shirt sales performance for years giving pride back to the fans with touches of brilliance

cc84cov

If the new owners considered him the man for the job then yes clearly
I’m sorry G
giphy.gif

Great_Expectations

I think they were probably significant in terms of bids we have received for previous transfers and probably would have been entertained before but I would imagine where we are as a club and the position the club are now in they are looking for way more for players

I would think we’ve never turned down a bid in recent seasons ( we might have turned down the initial bid but eventually that player would have gone)

Woah, careful. This doesn’t fit the narrative being pushed on here over the last few weeks.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It doesn’t pay enough
[QUOTE="skybluetony176, post: 2458053, member:]

You’re talking bollocks and the only reason you’ve juxtaposed position on the owners is because of your illogical hatred of the manager. Anyone sane person would be delighted that he’s repeatedly proved them wrong. You on the other hand dig in and actually wish ill on the club just so you think you’ve won. You’re a fruit loop.
[/QUOTE]

fernandopartridge

Looks like Forest have turned down 20 mill for Johnson. Don't get me wrong, he's decent but that figure makes 5m more than acheivable for Hamer or O'Hare.
He has got such raw pace though and that's what is being bought really.

Forest have been looking at Bowler from Blackpool apparently.

SSB

Looks like Forest have turned down 20 mill for Johnson. Don't get me wrong, he's decent but that figure makes 5m more than acheivable for Hamer or O'Hare.

I think it's a difficult one to compare. Brentford are a PL club who are happy to splash that kind of money on raw talent and potential and quite obviously are desperate to sign him which helps bump up the price - don't forget they also put a bid in, in the summer.

Skybluefaz

I think it's a difficult one to compare. Brentford are a PL club who are happy to splash that kind of money on raw talent and potential and quite obviously are desperate to sign him which helps bump up the price - don't forget they also put a bid in, in the summer.
Didn't realise they were chasing him in the summer

Users who are viewing this thread