Match Thread ⚽️ Carabao Cup: Coventry City vs Bristol City Match Thread - Wednesday 10th Aug (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

1_CO1_3602.jpg

Liverpool-Leicester-Jimmy-Floyd-Hasselbaink-773103.jpg

dead-wasp-isolated-white-background-163043856.jpg

covcity4life

The problem they have is I'm assuming they won't have scanners at the ground so anyone with a print at home ticket could get a refund then just turn up with their printed ticket and get in.

I'm assuming having to go to the ticket office is a way to discourage that although not great for people who genuinely want a refund.
Also means have to waste ink printing it out!

oakey

I live 30 miles from Coventry.
As it happens I will be in Coventry on Wednesday (but not on Tuesday) and last week I thought I would attend this game.
I held off buying and glad I did now.
If I had got a ticket I would post it back requesting a refund. I don't see how this could be rejected.

chiefdave

Is that even legal?!
Can't see how it wouldn't be.

Its a pretty common requirement for tickets to need to be returned for a refund, bit pointless these days given a lot of venues can just cancel barcodes but is still often required. Given the time frame if they said people could post them in they wouldn't arrive until after the match. Remember there will likely be no facility to scan tickets at Burton, well I assume there won't, so if they didn't say you had to take your ticket back you could in theory phone up, say you wanted a refund, then use the ticket anyway.

Obviously its not ideal but then none of this is but I'd be surprised if it wasn't legal.

Sky Blue Harry H

Anyway - what team do you think he'll go with?

I'd be giving a lot of the fringe players a run out, or perhaps just half a game for a few first string.

Grendel

The EFL will ask what steps the club took to ensure it had a playable pitch and will not be impressed with the excuse that the CWG meant they didn't do anything until the week running up to the fixture.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

especially as it seems the arena ground staff were the ones looking after the pitch during the tournament

mark82

PRE-PURCHASED TICKETS – NO LONGER WISH TO ATTEND/WANT REFUND:

Fans who no longer wish to attend the game or want a refund are required to visit the Ticket Office at the Coventry Building Society Arena to get a refund.

This must be done in person before 8pm on Tuesday 9th August with your ticket/s

To facilitate this, the Ticket Office will be open for the following hours:

Tuesday 9th August: 9:30am to 8pm

Refunds will not be available after 8pm Tuesday 9th August.

That's not good enough.

Hertsccfc

Wow what a joke. Really bad service. Lucky I live close. Also lucky someone posted it and I even saw it!
Fortunately I hadn't bought a ticket but if I had the thought of driving two hours and it costing more in petrol than the refund wouldn't appeal. This sort of lack of consideration will really lead to a lack of commitment from fans in future.

Skybluecol

I'm going with my 2 lads. Will have 4 seats spare and willing to take others and split cost of fuel and parking (if we're not in the 1st 400 free spaces)....should only be a couple of quid each. I'm in Allesley village and will need to be very local to me for pick up. Will be leaving at 530pm

*no smoking or heavy drinking. Hygiene must be good as I'm not hanging my head out of a window for an hour, I'm not a dog :sneaky:

Sky Blue Pete

I'm going with my 2 lads. Will have 4 seats spare and willing to take others and split cost of fuel and parking (if we're not in the 1st 400 free spaces)....should only be a couple of quid each. I'm in Allesley village and will need to be very local to me for pick up. Will be leaving at 530pm

*no smoking or heavy drinking. Hygiene must be good as I'm not hanging my head out of a window for an hour, I'm not a dog :sneaky:
What a lovely offer!! Good on ya

Covkid1968#

Wasn’t going…. But think I will now. Got fond memories of Burton having passed my motorbike test there

ccfc1234

I'd be giving a lot of the fringe players a run out, or perhaps just half a game for a few first string.
Because we have not played Rottherham I would be inclined to keep the team not too far off our expected 11 at the weekend. 2 weeks break at this stage of the season isn't great. Doyle for Panzo, Rose in perhaps and the new LWB that aside let's use it as a good warm up to the weekend, when it's really going to matter.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Because we have not played Rottherham I would be inclined to keep the team not too far off our expected 11 at the weekend. 2 weeks break at this stage of the season isn't great. Doyle for Panzo, Rose in perhaps and the new LWB that aside let's use it as a good week up to the weekend, when it's really going to matter.

I see what you mean, but don't want to risk any of our main players on a lower league pitch ;)

PVA

Had the Rotherham game gone ahead I think it'd be mostly fringe players.

But now I think it could be a good mix.

I'd guess at

Wilson
Hyam
Rose
Doyle
Dabo
Tayo
Sheaf
Eccles
Palmer
Godden
Tavares/Walker

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Initially would have gone with a largely back-up team. Yesterday's game being called off I'd probably play a few more first teamers.
Probably an hour and then sub them.

Wilson
Hyam Rose Panzo
Dabo Sheaf Eccles Bidwell
Palmer
Gyokeres Walker

Moore, Doyle, Adaramola, Lusala, Hamer, Godden, Tavares​

Covkid1968#

I said heavy drinking....not just a six pack lad :cool:
Haha….good shout 😂😂. Talking of which WTF has happened to The Rainbow … really lost its buzz

Users who are viewing this thread