Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Cardiff City Match Thread - Thursday 29th Dec (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Why take sheaf off when he was having a good game (yellow card or not) should of took Palmer off.

Bloke next to me suggested he had a knock, and that Wilson had gestured to the bench to sub him? Didn't see it myself.

PVA

I'd have taken Bidwell off and put on Burroughs who can play that side and got him to inject some energy into the team. Personally think Bidwell is getting away with an easy ride here. Started the season well but last night he was pretty poor and has been for a while, certainly in an attacking sense

Careful now, no criticism of Bidwell allowed on this site.

chiefdave

The season unfortunately I think will fritter out into a pretty run of the mill bottom half championship season
Hard to disagree, fear the squad is just too small to sustain a serious promotion push and knowing our luck the takeover, if it is genuine, will be completed on the day the window closes

Think there's probably too much work that needs to be done in the January window. To find the number and calibre of player we need, who have been playing regularly and therefore can go straight into the side without needing to gain match fitness, is a huge task even before you consider budget issues

larry_david

Careful now, no criticism of Bidwell allowed on this site.
He's been bang average for a while now. Solid sure, but unspectacular and in games like last night where the oppo had zero attacking intent...what's the point of Bidwell then? He offers naf all going forward

Sky Blue Pete

The season unfortunately I think will fritter out into a pretty run of the mill bottom half championship season

We’re a much poorer team without Cal and tonight showed that desperately

Unless we have (and I shan’t hold my breath) a very positive January window then I think a top half finish would be a great achievement

Such a shame cause there’s the nucleus of a very good team there and with 2/3/4 additions I think we have the potential to be a very good side
Always the same we’d be great with 2 or 3 additions lol

Sky Blue Pete

He's been bang average for a while now. Solid sure, but unspectacular and in games like last night where the oppo had zero attacking intent...what's the point of Bidwell then? He offers naf all going forward
You did miss yok and palmer missing chances from his crosses didn’t you

PVA

I said that pretty much word for word the other day and got pelters.

He's solid enough but a little overrated by some.

I actually thought last night was his worst game of the season.

Offhegoes

Apart from Godden (who should be back next month), we don't have much else attacking wise to change games, as Robins seems reluctant to throw on Tavarres. Desperately need a pacy attacking midfielder in January to rotate with Palmer, and a centre back.
Can 't help feeling Waghorn and Kane got minutes last night to put them in the window for next month.

Grendel

he was in the opposition penalty area more than palmer and Allen

SBT

find something Boosh got wrong
Well I don’t think that pretending Liverpool fans were to blame for Hillsborough was your funniest piece of trolling ever. Or do you actually think that?

Grendel

Palmer had 6 touches in the opposition penalty area, Bidwell had 1.

I said in it? The irony is if palmer had the fitness levels of Bidwell he might have fulfilled his potential - Bidwell can cover both penalty areas - palmer can’t cover 5 yards

Bidwell is tiring but still played well

Brighton Sky Blue

Hard to disagree, fear the squad is just too small to sustain a serious promotion push and knowing our luck the takeover, if it is genuine, will be completed on the day the window closes

Think there's probably too much work that needs to be done in the January window. To find the number and calibre of player we need, who have been playing regularly and therefore can go straight into the side without needing to gain match fitness, is a huge task even before you consider budget issues
It's similar to last season with the exception that the squad if we can even call it one at this point is even more depleted and in need of some reinforcing. And it very much looks like Big Mike isn't interested and Hairy Doug won't be confirmed on time and even if he is I can't see it marking a massive change from what's come before.

Grendel

Fans would miss bidwell if we had a young whipper snapper there constantly out of position defending like an academy graduate

We saw that with Mastsen last year

Coundon Blue

Well I don’t think that pretending Liverpool fans were to blame for Hillsborough was your funniest piece of trolling ever. Or do you actually think that?

So I wasn’t wrong? Good try but do better next time

fernandopartridge

New owners of CBS Arena and pitch not up to scratch. Penny pinching or deliberate ploy starting already?
New landlord has no material interest in maintaining the pitch, this I guess is why they want to renegotiate this summer. I'd be looking to offload the obligations

Grendel

New owners of CBS Arena and pitch not up to scratch. Penny pinching or deliberate ploy starting already?

its nothing to do with the new landlord I’d assume

slowpoke

Not an expert but I suspect the pitch has basically been patched as good as possible for the rest of the season and we have had a run of home games recently and crap weather to boot will need to be ripped up and a new one re-laid in the close season, I doesn’t look brilliant but I’ve seen it worse.

covcity4life

Not an expert but I suspect the pitch has basically been patched as good as possible for the rest of the season and we have had a run of home games recently and crap weather to boot will need to be ripped up and a new one re-laid in the close season, I doesn’t look brilliant but I’ve seen it worse.
I thought it was brand new?

Users who are viewing this thread