Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Luton Town Match Thread - Saturday 11th Feb (3 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Phone Robins and tell him, he's the one that picks him week in week out.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Tbf i don't think robins actually rates him, he never selected him regularly in league 1 or the previous two seasons in the championship.

It's only O'Hare injuries and a lack of depth in that position which means he gets picked.

Hopefully King can provide some investment and I'm sure Allen will be allowed to go to a League One club.

Evo1883

Tbf i don't think robins actually rates him, he never selected him regularly in league 1 or the previous two seasons in the championship.

It's only O'Hare injuries and a lack of depth in that position which means he gets picked.

Hopefully King can provide some investment and I'm sure Allen will be allowed to go to a League One club.

Jamie allen has started 81 times in his 101 league appearances for Coventry

He's played 90 times for us in the last 3 championship campaigns

pusbccfc

To be fair they were shite for the number of them

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Probably the worst per number away fans this season. Similar to the times Sheffield United come her. Good numbers, very little noise. Half of them were sat down, some stood up and the others segregated themselves from their own support to become closer to the home fans.

PVA

He's played 90 times for us in the last 3 championship campaigns

He was also left on the bench without getting on 40 times though.

So it's 81 starts out of 141 games.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's also been an unused sub on 40 occasions

So in in 141 times selected for the match day squad, he has only started 81 times.

That is heavily skewed from this season, from his first 3 seasons he has started 52 times, in 111 match day squad selections.

Evo1883

He's also been an unused sub on 40 occasions

So in in 141 times selected for the match day squad, he has only started 81 times.

That is heavily skewed from this season, from his first 3 seasons he has started 52 times, in 111 match day squad selections.
Cup matches ? I'm talking league , our bread and butter

Evo1883

Nah league only mate
OK, but he's played 30 this season in the championship , 38 last season in the championship and the 22 the season before ..

You said Robins never selected him much over the previous 2 seasons .. which is incorrect , he played 2/3rds of our championship matches

He was also injured a good while in our league 1 season if I remember correctly

SkyBlue_Bear83

OK, but he's played 30 this season in the championship , 38 last season in the championship and the 22 the season before ..

You said Robins never selected him much over the previous 2 seasons .. which is incorrect

He was also injured a good while in our league 1 season if I remember correctly
I said he never selected him regularly in league 1 or the first two seasons in the championship.

I think 52 starts in 111 match days squads represents what I said. He was a fringe player.

Evo1883

I said he never selected him regularly in league 1 or the first two seasons in the championship.

I think 52 starts in 111 match days squads represents what I said. He was a fringe player.
"Tbf i don't think robins actually rates him, he never selected him regularly in league 1 or the previous two seasons in the championship"

These were your words

SkyBlue_Bear83

"Tbf i don't think robins actually rates him, he never selected him regularly in league 1 or the previous two seasons in the championship"

These were your words
Yea and i was right, it's just my opinion that robins doesn't rate him but I've given you the facts that he wasn't regularly selected.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well yes but does anybody ever factor in the reasons why when they look at form ?

Teams played

Players available
I think the reasons why were a bigger concern than the form itself, at least for me. A threadbare squad that's relying on a couple of players to drag it through games. Compare to Luton today who have bothered to recruit for the last 3 windows and to me look like they fully deserve to be where they are.

Could have been us, and hopefully with a more professional recruitment setup it will be at some point.

Grendel

Yea and i was right, it's just my opinion that robins doesn't rate him but I've given you the facts that he wasn't regularly selected.

He had him today in the starting line up and not palmer so I guess by your logic he rates palmer less?

Evo1883

So Robins doesn't rate him , yet made him captain numerous times this season he's started

Last season he started 29 from 46 , played in 38

This season 29 starts from 30 matches

Btw he spent most his league 1 season out injured

SkyBlue_Bear83

He had him today in the starting line up and not palmer so I guess by your logic he rates palmer less?
Yea, Robins knows Palmer and Allen are not good enough for this level imo. Neither would be anywhere in our first 11 if it wasn't for a season ending injury to O'hare and poor recruitment.

Evo1883

Last season sheaf started 33 from 44 and 21 from 37 the season before , does that mean robins doesn't rate him ?

Just 54 starts from 81

SkyBlue_Bear83

So Robins doesn't rate him , yet made him captain numerous times this season he's started

Last season he started 29 from 46 , played in 38

This season 29 starts from 30 matches

Btw he spent most his league 1 season out injured
I'm not sure why you keep mentioning his appearances from this season when I specifically said first two seasons in the championship.

We know he's only getting more minutes this season due to a season ending injury to O'Hare and poor recruitment

Evo1883

I'm not sure why you keep mentioning his appearances from this season when I specifically said first two seasons in the championship.

We know he's only getting more minutes this season due to a season ending injury to O'Hare and poor recruitment
His first 2 championship seasons he made 60 appearances

Grendel

Last season sheaf started 33 from 44 and 21 from 37 the season before , does that mean robins doesn't rate him ?

Just 54 starts from 81

o hare didn’t start some games in league 1 - not rated 😂

Evo1883

You can't state Robins doesn't rate a player he continuously PICKS , even when all his best players were available to him

Makes no sense

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just 54 starts from 81
Sheaf was a young player who was and is still learning the game. But yes, I suspect robins rated other players more highly at that time than a 21/22 year old who had never played at that level. He's progressed well and established himself and is a much better now than when he joined us which is why he's getting more minutes

Allen is and should have been in his prime, he hasn't got any better than where he was when he joined (in my opinion) the fact he's getting more minutes now is due to injury and lack of depth in the position

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes, Palmer was a punt due to our lack of resources. Robins was hoping to unlock the potential and kick start Palmers career but i suspect he is already coming to the opinion that it isn't going to work out.
Huddersfield signed Rudoni for less than we'll have paid Palmer this season

SkyBlue_Bear83

You can't state Robins doesn't rate a player he continuously PICKS , even when all his best players were available to him

Makes no sense
He doesn't though, saying it doesn't make it true. He wasn't picked when his best players were available to him. If Godden and O'hare had been fit he would have been a fringe player like before.

Users who are viewing this thread