Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Luton Town Match Thread - Saturday 11th Feb (1 Viewer)

ProfessorbyGrace

McNally has looked excellent so far not sure why you are picking him out? When Burnley go up I would 100% hope we offer them the £2m they paid for him
The key word I used was ‘excluded’. As in, not part of the others I referred to. EDIT: I see the penny dropped. lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5612

Really disappointing performance again. No energy, no edge and no fluidity in play. Season has gone flat and really injection of urgency is needed in our play.

ProfessorbyGrace

Ha. A mere 10 points behind?

You know if that was us as Wigan/Cardiff, we would all be saying we are a huge 10 points behind. A massive gap. 🤪
Again, people are cherry picking sections of an overall statement and missing the context. I

Ten points is hardly a gulf, and we’re currently pretty ineffective; and all it takes are a few teams near the bottom to start battling, and that ‘gulf’ will become squeaky bum time.

But, we may be just fine.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

To be honest, I’ll be thankful if we’re not dragged downward, and just totter around mid table. It’s entirely possible, nevertheless; Wigan/Cardiff are a mere 10 points away from us, and we’re not exactly tearing up any trees at the minute.

I just keep looking down that table and hoping we don’t get pulled in, because unless we have another purple patch or a consistent run of form, it’s a distinct reality.

Personally, and I think this may be unpopular, I believe this transfer window could prove disastrous, as we don’t have the grit or the confidence (or the quality of numbers) to drag ourselves out of a potentially tight relegation battle, IF we get caught in it.
Patching up the cracks is a wholly negative and short sighted strategy, and to be honest, there’s nothing but excuses about transfer targets not materialising. The squad is tired, frail and lacking in quality.
Small budget or not, decent players can be acquired in the winter transfer window, not just naive youngsters who are out of their depth in our formation and bench warmers from other Championship teams (McNally excluded).

But then again, we could be just fine.

I really, really can't see us being dragged into a relegation battle. The form is poor at present and they shouldn't get complacent, but some of the dross below us are absolutely hopeless. There's still enough in the squad to pick up the few wins required to get us to a 'safe' number of points.

Brighton Sky Blue

Again, people are cherry picking sections of an overall statement and missing the context. I

Ten points is hardly a gulf, and we’re currently pretty ineffective; and all it takes are a few teams near the bottom to start battling, and that ‘gulf’ will become squeaky bum time.

But, we may be just fine.

We still have to travel to Wigan, Huddersfield and Blackpool.

D

Deleted member 5612

Think this is really harsh I'd agree first 20 to 30 mins but rest of the game was much better.
It may be harsh, but we are regressing since and are results show it. We need an injection of positive energy in our play and desperately need quality in the top third.

skyblu3sk

It may be harsh, but we are regressing since and are results show it. We need an injection of positive energy in our play and desperately need quality in the top third.
Gyok needs a rest for a game or two he's a fantastic asset but he does seem a bit tired I think a bit of rest and he will be back on top form for the run in. Godden being back should help.

CCFCSteve

Theres an element of lack of confidence at the moment. We’ve been so leaky at the back and really missing ohare. Hopefully with Fadz and McNally providing a stronger platform we’ll be able to kick on a bit now. I also doubt many clubs have had injuries to the number of key players we’ve had…couldn’t make it up !

We can’t keep starting like we have done recently though. Need intensity and intent from the start

D

Deleted member 5612

Gyok needs a rest for a game or two he's a fantastic asset but he does seem a bit tired I think a bit of rest and he will be back on top form for the run in. Godden being back should help.
Vik is over relied on, for sure. Godden is at his best feeding of balls into the box or chances that need hitting first time. We are not delivering those chances currently. Hopefully they will come

CCFC54321

But the first shouldn’t have been a yellow and most (good) refs allow a bit of leeway before giving a 2nd yellow. He let plenty of fouls worthy of a yellow go unpunished today.
If there was a red card introduced for shit refereeing then that twonk in charge wouldn’t have seen half time. Dreadful.

stupot07

I've just seen the highlights, how anyone can claim that Wilson-Esbrands second yellow wasn't a yellow is beyond me, could arguably have been a straight red.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PVA

Doyle's pass to Godden for the pen was a thing of beauty though

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Yeah it was, he's good at that.

Looks much better there than in the middle. And more solid than Panzo (though Panzo would also look better alongside Fadz to be fair to him).

Matt smith

Poor performance

JWE is very average at best, no better than what we already have

Callum Doyle was very good today, as was the centre backs in fairness

we don’t create anything really anymore, there’s no real pattern of play

2 wins in 13, relegation form

Evo1883

Poor performance

JWE is very average at best, no better than what we already have

Callum Doyle was very good today, as was the centre backs in fairness

we don’t create anything really anymore, there’s no real pattern of play

2 wins in 13, relegation form
Bit of bedwetting with the form so lucky for you I'm here to correct you Screenshot_20230211_193340_Flashscore.jpg
Screenshot_20230211_193351_Flashscore.jpg

We're fine bud

coop

Think 1-1 fair result actually think we had better chances apart from Wilson save but happy with a point

covcity4life

Running around a lot is the least he could do given me made...

22 passes (only Godden made less. This staggeringly low for a central midfielder)
0 key passes
0 tackles
1 interceptions
0 blocks
0 clearances
0 shots
So the only guy who made less passes was our most creative player according to @stupot07 lmao

The levels ppl go to hate on Palmer haha

Matt smith

And last 25 games were 7th 😂 , enough on the form it's selective and boring
What do you mean selective?

we’re on a poor run, it’s a fact

the last 25 games we are 7th is because we were playing very well before WC

o hare is a massive loss, but I think the January recruitment was poor except for McNally

Last edited:

Matt smith

OK great

Show me the teams we've played and lost to ... go

And ofcourse it's selective , add 2 games to your 13 and we are 9th
Yeah fair comment we have had some tough away games

my point is our performance levels are slightly concerning

Evo1883

Yeah fair comment we have had some tough away games

my point is our performance levels are slightly concerning
Well yes but does anybody ever factor in the reasons why when they look at form ?

Teams played

Players available

Matt smith

Well yes but does anybody ever factor in the reasons why when they look at form ?

Teams played

Players available
Yeah we’ve played some tough teams

we miss COH admittedly

we’ve got a bigger squad now but I don’t think our team has massively improved after January

except for McNally, who I do rate

Evo1883

Yeah we’ve played some tough teams

we miss COH admittedly

we’ve got a bigger squad now but I don’t think our team has massively improved after January

except for McNally, who I do rate
Well that's a funding / scouting problem .

Hopefully from next season it's a bit better

Users who are viewing this thread