Match Thread ⚽️ Huddersfield Town vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 4th Mar (2 Viewers)

PVA

He did and came back for a few weeks to try and keep a failing team he’d had success with from relegation

Pretty good story which has had a lot of the media on board. Many on here seemed engaged with it as well

Not going to have a happy ending though is it by the looks of it.

Tile Hill Phil

Did anyone see all the trouble caused by having only 3 foot of segregation between the home and away fans? No?

Me neither.
Me and my mate were near them lads. It was just banter slagging off each other. We’re old boys and it made us chuckle. Back in the day it would have got tasty no doubt 😤

shepardo01

Great result.
Well done all involved!!!
...... but......
I'm a bit gutted that we are going into these next games with the squad down to what it is.....
I'd actually be quite excited if we had Sheaf/Palmer/Allen available ....let alone OHare.....
But this great win teases us that little bit more.....
Once again though, we'll done all involved today.

Tommo1993

He’ll create a siege mentality there soon and the players will start fighting for each other. Plus couple of teams around might get points deductions.

Never write him off. He’s a character and the game will be poorer without him.

Nah. Like Blackpool appointing the other dinosaur McCarthy, it’s a crap appointment.

covcity4life

Great result.
Well done all involved!!!
...... but......
I'm a bit gutted that we are going into these next games with the squad down to what it is.....
I'd actually be quite excited if we had Sheaf/Palmer/Allen available ....let alone OHare.....
But this great win teases us that little bit more.....
Once again though, we'll done all involved today.
Any news on how long Palmer and Allen are out?

PVA

Nah. Like Blackpool appointing the other dinosaur McCarthy, it’s a crap appointment.

Yeah the Blackpool one was weird, they seemed to be following a more modern and progressive approach in recent years. Then go and appoint Mccarthy.

Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.

shepardo01

Yeah the Blackpool one was weird, they seemed to be following a more modern and progressive approach in recent years. Then go and appoint Mccarthy.

Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.
Good point at home today vs Burnley!

Reactions: PVA

Tommo1993

Listening to Warnock’s post match interview he sounds like he’s submitted to a lost battle. And I’m not just talking about todays game!

ProfessorbyGrace

All things considered, would it be prudent to replace Godden with Walker next match?
A few have you have said he links up with Vik better, and to be honest, Godden has been anonymous and/or injured for most of the season. Either he needs an op, or he can’t keep up with the demands of this league anymore.

I’d be bold and stick Walker in, hopefully MR will see it the same way.

torchomatic

Did anyone see all the trouble caused by having only 3 foot of segregation between the home and away fans? No?

Me neither.

That guy they arrested was taken ill and medics were working on him. Got taken away in an ambulance.

We were on the end by the away fans. A girl near me was it giving it to these teen fans in the away section, swearing at them, etc. Policeman told her to stop it and she moaned, "why aren't you telling them off?" and he said, "because you're an adult". Brilliant. She was being a dick.

The Philosopher

All things considered, would it be prudent to replace Godden with Walker next match?
A few have you have said he links up with Vik better, and to be honest, Godden has been anonymous and/or injured for most of the season. Either he needs an op, or he can’t keep up with the demands of this league anymore.

I’d be bold and stick Walker in, hopefully MR will see it the same way.
It’s the obvious thing to do. You score, you should more often than not keep your place. It wasn’t the hardest chance but at the end of the day he did his job and put it in the net.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Walker got his finger out for the rest of the season. End of contract - shop window and all that. Might have had a wake up call last window that no one seriously came for him on loan. If no club wants you on loan where you can be essentially assessed before being a free agent, what does that bode for the summer?

I can see MR starting him with an instruction to burn energy and chase and press and run the channels hard for 65 with a view to Godden coming on.

He’s got talent but ffs he’s been a disappointment.

Grendel

It’s the obvious thing to do. You score, you should more often than not keep your place. It wasn’t the hardest chance but at the end of the day he did his job and put it in the net.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Walker got his finger out for the rest of the season. End of contract - shop window and all that. Might have had a wake up call last window that no one seriously came for him on loan. If no club wants you on loan where you can be essentially assessed before being a free agent, what does that bode for the summer?

I can see MR starting him with an instruction to burn energy and chase and press and run the channels hard for 65 with a view to Godden coming on.

He’s got talent but ffs he’s been a disappointment.

Im just glad Hudlin wasn’t picked. We’d have really struggled.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just back. Great day. Stopped in the services on the way back, where a few City 'yoof' were acting like dicks, bellowing and hollering. Gustavo Hamer then appeared (with family) and got a rousing rendition of his song, and had a couple of photos taken (good man!)
City were great today. Huddersfield were dreadful, - I'd expected them to be really in our faces, but nothing.

torchomatic

After 25 mins I said to my lad it was a terrible game and likely to be a wasted trip. Great second half performance.

Users who are viewing this thread