Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Did you hear Robins interview at the start? We want to build a team around Gus.

Lol he really looked not very convinced when he said it

Jamesimus

I've watched him closely, and he's had a very poor half.

Nothing to do with Gyokeres at all, no idea why you'd mention him.

If you took your sky blue tinted glasses off you'd have to admit he's been poor.

He hasn't had a great first 45 mins, but also, I'm fairly realistic about what to expect all things considered.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not sure Leicester look as great as people would have them down as. If we can make it click a bit more then we have a decent chance to win this game.

As I said earlier, a few players look a bit off it, but that's completely normal. We also have a strong bench so it would be nice to see some of those players at some point in the second half.

Not a disgraceful 45 minutes by any means.

glamour76

Yeah, I think Simms has been poor, but running in behind is not his game. He scores goals & he needs service. He's not going to make his own goals like Vik did. I'd bring bidwell on for da Silva.

fatso

He hasn't had a great first 45 mins, but also, I'm fairly realistic about what to expect all things considered.
He's got to control and pass the ball better than that though.

Hopefully it's just a bit of rust and a little lack of confidence. We need him to be a key player.

Seymour_East

Yes Dasilva has been caught one or two times but I feel he has shown great composure on the ball and will only get better as this game and the season goes on. I like him.
Agreed, apart their chance where he should have done better he’s looked pretty solid

Bennettbarnet

Our collective xG is 0.13 and we’ve got one cross into the box all half. If we’re going to criticise Simms let’s at least recognise that he hasn’t been provided with anything constituting an actual goal scoring opportunity. If you think he’s going to beat 3 defenders and lash it in from 25 yard you’re going to have a hard time watching him all season.
xG is calculated on shots. What about the shot that Simms should have been taken but didn't?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

SkyBlueMatt

Bobby Thomas looks like a gem so far. Love it.
I have this horrible feeling we may have purchased a lemon from Everton. Just hope he start performing like he did for Sunderland.
It's been 45 minutes against the favourites for promotion, away from home.

I think that's enough time to make a judgement

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Winny the Bish

Think it's clear we need someone happy to run with the ball at feet in the final third. Like Leicester have in Mavididi and McAteer. Both of them look dangerous every time they get it, we need someone like that who can take a man on to create a chance for Simms.

Users who are viewing this thread