2023-24 New Kit Thread (6 Viewers)

Ashdown

The last home shirt was fantastic but before that the Hummel kits have been bang average and the fit is awful unless you are 10 stone wet through.

ajsccfc

If we hadn't already done it in the first season back with them I'd be all for us having the retro Denmark template they're giving everyone this year, but with all our home kits having some kind of throwback I'd like something all-new this time.

pipkin73

Just sort the quality out, before you do anything else.
I'm fed up with my tops peeling.
50-60-70 pounds for a top to start peeling.

Living out here i've had to wait till someone comes here and prepared to buy me one, when one is on the cheap in the end-of-season sale and then let me buy it from them.

The Phenix one i always said was my favorite one.

A friend brought it here for me. Now it's just peeling like crap :(

hill83

Just sort the quality out, before you do anything else.
I'm fed up with my tops peeling.
50-60-70 pounds for a top to start peeling.

Living out here i've had to wait till someone comes here and prepared to buy me one, when one is on the cheap in the end-of-season sale and then let me buy it from them.

The Phenix one i always said was my favorite one.

A friend brought it here for me. Now it's just peeling like crap :(

The quality of them is shite isn’t it. Badge hanging off and half the Hummel logo gone. Same as my lads shirt. I’ve got 25 year old Cov and England shirts that are in better condition than last seasons shirt that I wore about 6 times.

It’s honestly a fucking joke and I’m surprised more people haven’t mentioned it.

Saddlebrains

The quality of them is shite isn’t it. Badge hanging off and half the Hummel logo gone. Same as my lads shirt. I’ve got 25 year old Cov and England shirts that are in better condition than last seasons shirt that I wore about 6 times.

It’s honestly a fucking joke and I’m surprised more people haven’t mentioned it.

Sick of your moaning tbh you bring this place down

AOM

The old Kit@ shirt could survive a nuclear war I think. I have one from the last Highfield road season and it's great quality still. No stickers or iron on badges either

pipkin73

Like i said earlier, i have Puma etc tops we had that still look new. My only good Hummel top is the away top

fernandopartridge brought me :(

Winny the Bish

Stop putting it the dryer then you luddite

pipkin73

Does my head in, i'm struggling for money so i'm not going to buy a new one this season no matter how much i like it.
If it can't last 2 years hardly worn as cheap Hummel stickers i won't buy it.

Like i said, i've got old tops (not as nice as Hummels design) but at least they fucking last.

Cov98

I’ve honestly never had an issue with the quality and I’ve bought almost every Hummel kit that’s been released aside from a couple of third kits.

pipkin73

Do people just not know how to wash football shirts properly? I've never had an issue in the slightest with Hummel shirts
I use the short 50 min wash and no dryer as i live in a hot place. Are you saying all i can use is the other setting off 20 mins?
That does not clean it.

ajsccfc

I know with Nike we were getting page 7 of the teamwear catalogue or whatever but the material feels more comfortable than the hummel kits, that last season with Nike was an underrated selection.

AiS86

I use the short 50 min wash and no dryer as i live in a hot place. Are you saying all i can use is the other setting off 20 mins?
That does not clean it.
That is odd, pretty much how I do it and mine are as good as new. Your kit collectors would probably say handwash is the way to go, but who can be arsed?

pipkin73

I don't hand wash but i wash at a low temp.. Yet all the Hummel chevrons peel off, as that started i started 20 min washes just to freshen them up but now the Cov badge is peeling off. The only thing not peeling off is the sponsor.

AOM

I know it was technically free, but the Ricoh Return top felt like the cheapest one so far.
The Hummel chevrons and sponsors are actually printed as part of the shirt rather stuck on which ironically means it'll probably last longer

pipkin73

Busy at work now, but if people don't believe me i can post some pics. If Someone does not believe me i will post later if asked to.

AiS86

I know it was technically free, but the Ricoh Return top felt like the cheapest one so far.
The Hummel chevrons and sponsors are actually printed as part of the shirt rather stuck on which ironically means it'll probably last longer
I wouldn't mind if that's how kits were done, everything printed except the badge

AOM

I wouldn't mind if that's how kits were done, everything printed except the badge

Yeah, it's pretty rare now but wish we'd just go back to embroided badges and logos
Adidas used to be good quality but even they now do stick on team badges

skybluestub

Does anyone think there might be a navy theme throughout as a nod to the 140 years. Just based off the training kit colours

Users who are viewing this thread