23/24 Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

I get and agree to an extend with the gist.

However, Boddy's comments were superceded by the pitch issue - unforeseen (another debate) and expensive.

Another angle to consider is had we not have had great season ticket and merch sales, it is entirely plausible that selling Hyam would'nt have been are only damaging loss. "Backing the manager" could also been seen as keeping our top players a bit longer than we could've without the increased revenue?

We were clearly planning on a big sale that summer, but nobody was biting for Hamer. O’Hare was then set to go but got injured. So one player is still here because of lack of interest and the other because of injury.

If we have another poor transfer window it would be the 4th on the bounce and we’d be in serious trouble. Already looking very shaky this season and we have that purple patch before the World Cup to thank for survival if we achieve it.

Ashdown

There has been a complete discrepancy this season between season ticket prices and match day prices. Of course ST holders should get favourable terms but the gap at times is ludicrous and not conducive to growing the fan base .
Some games £15 v £33 . I’ve been on both sides of the coin but all the years( 22 ) I had STs I didn’t want to sit in a half empty stadium because people were priced out.
£400 for an ST is still good value and £25 is plenty enough for a match day ticket.

SBT

Not sure it was expected to have to pay for a pitch and then have matches postponed.
There was nothing you could have done Mr Boddy sir, don’t listen to the others, I’m still ever so grateful for all your hard work, I just wish you’d charge me more for my season ticket, then we’d surely be on our way etc etc

Nick

Administrator
There was nothing you could have done Mr Boddy sir, don’t listen to the others, I’m still ever so grateful for all your hard work, I just wish you’d charge me more for my season ticket, then we’d surely be on our way etc etc

So it was expected then?

The shock that the forum journalist is trying to misrepresent what was actually said. Have a day off.

SBT

So it was expected then?

The shock that the forum journalist is trying to misrepresent what was actually said. Have a day off.
The entire problem was that it was completely unexpected on the club’s part, yes. Six months on and you’re so close to getting it!

Bertola

I'm expecting an increase. We're easily one of the cheapest season tickets in the league, (and the league below), and it's a way to increase budget/cover rent increase etc.... However, we need to tread carefully. If we amble into the end of the season in the sort of form we're showing now, and we likely lose Vik in the summer (possibly Hamer too) then a loot of enthusiasm will wane, and there will be a lot of empty seats.

Due to the nature of supply and demand, it's hard for us to charge a high price for season tickets when there's 12k empty seats just going spare.

One thing I would do though, would be to get rid of the Match gradings for single tickets, and charge a flat fee for all fixtures (or perhaps a weekend price and a midweek price). I think everyone is in agreement that £33 for games such as Norwich and Sunderland, which are on TV is ridiculous

Nick

Administrator
The pricing is set before games are announced on TV though?

I do agree with some games, better off having it £25.

Bertola

The pricing is set before games are announced on TV though?

It is, and there's an element of bad luck that it's been two Cat A games chosen and the club are unable to then change the pricing policy... However if you're deeming them as the prime fixtures, then surely there has to be a chance of them being selected.

The Categorisation of games seemed fairly lazy too. If teams were in the prem last season they were set as Cat A. Obviously we had a bit of a "rivalry" built with Burnley due to the O'Hare stuff in the summer, but it awas hardly a fixture to get the crowds going up, so to charge top dollar seemed mightily excessive

AOM

think this will be about right. we can't keep demanding the lowest prices for everything but expect a championship style operation and playing budget

I can already sense the inevitable CWR call asking Clive why we can't half the price of season tickets to sell twice as many

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It is, and there's an element of bad luck that it's been two Cat A games chosen and the club are unable to then change the pricing policy... However if you're deeming them as the prime fixtures, then surely there has to be a chance of them being selected.

The Categorisation of games seemed fairly lazy too. If teams were in the prem last season they were set as Cat A. Obviously we had a bit of a "rivalry" built with Burnley due to the O'Hare stuff in the summer, but it awas hardly a fixture to get the crowds going up, so to charge top dollar seemed mightily excessive
I'm not sure why the club have made it that they can't change the prices retrospectively under certain conditions. Just say that prices can get cheaper if game is rearranged to midweek or picked for TV. If someone has bought at the higher price they get credited the difference on their account.

Kingokings204

Yeah I must agree. I don’t really understand catorgory games unless in the premier league which then makes sense. In the championship what’s the difference between Huddersfield and Norwich. No one cares.

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah I must agree. I don’t really understand catorgory games unless in the premier league which then makes sense. In the championship what’s the difference between Huddersfield and Norwich. No one cares.
However if West Brom come and will bring 4000 whatever the price is we are sensible to get as much out of them as possible

cstring82

Although I can advocate an increase in season ticket prices and possibly match day tickets too, the one area the club must continue to offer almost giveaway deals is on kids tickets, particularly while we are not filling the ground.
I’d say this is a big thing for the future. I’ve got my son fully brain washed to CCFC rather than the in-laws following of Villa by taking him early doors (he’s six) Getting kids down the football early doors helps embed the club in their minds and provides long term support for the club. Even if tickets are free/very cheap, the club can make money from food/drink and programmes etc.

Matt smith

If we want better players and keep our best players our wage bill will probably at least double so I expect the season tickets to go up significantly, I’d say £450/500 I know it’s a steep rise but early bird STs were cheap this season.
Get saving lads.
500 pounds is a joke

what were they this year, 350 weren’t they?

Should go up to 450 max

SBT

Just remembered STHs are meant to receive a goodwill gesture from the club at some point.... I'd go for a £20 discount off next season's ST at this stage
Dave Boddy is hard at work trying to make sure the fans’ patience last summer is properly recognised:

1676394670232.gif

Robinshio

in terms of pricing for away fans - back in the day - Jimmy hill made all tickets £5 (when the going rate was £2) but you could buy 3 games for £6 (different games)

That way away fans had to pay for the honour, home fans needed to commit to just 3 games
Those were the days of less than 10000 attendances so didnt last too long

Ashdown

However if West Brom come and will bring 4000 whatever the price is we are sensible to get as much out of them as possible
If you want to do that then give them a 1000 more tickets instead of leaving acres of free seats in the away end. No need to punish everyone with higher pricing.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Inflation rate around 10% that would make a rise of under £35 EB just think people bought into last season price with best sales for over 50 years hope the club stick around that.Us pensioners are in a better position than families who must be struggling if a family with 2 young teenagers they will find paying anything over £500 hard .

Robinshio

last year on sale on 9th March , with early bird until 25 April (which i think they then extended to cover another pay day)
Depending on the ground situation, we should be hearing soon

nunchuckas

Football should always be inclusive and accessible to the poorest people, it's what traditionally separates it from the exclusivity of the more elitist sports.

Every club should have a small, limited amount of cheap tickets, so maybe keep the corners and a small family zone the same price as this season, or a slight increase. And increase it a bit more for the rest of the stadium.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Millwall seaon ticket prices will rise about 5%.That seems to be the going rate Arsenal have increased theirs by 5% but cut the games 26 to 22 they will get 3 european games instead of 5 and no FA cup games included To try and cut down on touting.

skyblu3sk

I think anyone thinking the prices won't go up is naive... we need more cash in the coffers to help attract talent.

Users who are viewing this thread