32,000 sold already (5 Viewers)

Ashdown

It's still bizarre that it shuts at all on a weekday ! The Wembley charade has stirred up some excitement but I hope it doesn't just paper over the cracks. Our club is run very poorly.

Speedies_Chips

It's still bizarre that it shuts at all on a weekday ! The Wembley charade has stirred up some excitement but I hope it doesn't just paper over the cracks. Our club is run very poorly.

I won't dispute that. But a far as I know the BPA ticket office has always been shut on a Wednesday. Saves £1.74 on the electricity bill.

Nick

Administrator
It's to try and push everything online.

Why have somebody stood about in the shop today doing nothing when they are just pretty much going to be just entering details into a ticketmaster system anyway?

Ashdown

Please forgive me but we do have a home game on Saturday too. Besides I think we all know that a combined ticket office and club merchandise shop drives impulse purchases etc but instead we have this split shambles. Like I say eyes are diverted at present but it's really not good enough.

coop

We should definitely have the ticket office and club shop together like it was at Gallagher retail people impulse buy when getting tickets etc.Looked this morning on Wembley site loads of tickets gone first two levels only odd seats available and the first four blocks of the top tier are the same.

Nick

Administrator
Please forgive me but we do have a home game on Saturday too. Besides I think we all know that a combined ticket office and club merchandise shop drives impulse purchases etc but instead we have this split shambles. Like I say eyes are diverted at present but it's really not good enough.

Don't disagree with that about them being together.

I think Ticketmaster do touch screen terminals which they could stick at the Ricoh shop, again it's down to cost and if it is worth it.

Liquid Gold

Of the blocks that initially went on sale there are only 149 seats left. 36 middle tier and 113 lower. Thats not bad going at all. The top tier has 4 blocks almost selling out too now and these are the larger blocks, the further we move along the smaller they get.

Liquid Gold

I'd guess all those 149 are single seats now too ?
Yes but there are seats together in the upper tier.

Anybody know if ticket master will open more blocks when available or is this something the ticket office has to do? Maybe not opening more today will force people into buying singles and filling the gaps up.

CCFC88

I think ticketmaster open up a block on request of the club.

Watched the progress of the first few blocks selling in the upper tier, the bottom half of the block sells quickly, this is people sat at their laptops waiting for the new block to open so not buying tickets in the back few rows then it slows as people wait for the next block to open up.

The last few rows of a block sell very slowly, I think this will be people going into to shop and just asking for 6 tickets together and being given these as nothing else available together. Then once there aren't 6 together the club ask ticketmaster to open up a new block queue another rush for people sat at home getting the bottom half of the block.

May not see another block open up today as the shop is closed and I cant see ST holders who still have plenty of potential tickets available in new blocks buying the tickets in the gods, all depends how many rows of unsold seats the club are willing to leave at the back of each block before moving onto the next

Ashdown

Just phoned and I refused to buy the shitty £20 tickets up near the moon at the very top of Wembley, that's all they are pushing at present, so I'll ring back later thanks, I guess I won't be on my own.

CCFC88

Yea, there are plenty of blocks still to open so no reason for someone with a ST to buy in row 44 when they can wait a bit and get the front third of the block, whilst I dont think there is a bad seat in Wembley there is obviously a huge difference between the front and back of the upper tier so just hold fire for now.

Great_Expectations

Bit late to the debate but I think it's justified ST holders are allocated extra tickets, while it doesn't mean we are "super fans" or anything of the sort, it does mean we have continued to actively support the team and pay for the privilege of doing so. Saying that, I do think six is too many.

I also think there should be (and apologies if there is) another priority list for those who have been to x number of games this season, home or away. That covers those who could not purchase a ST for monetary or practical reasons, yet have attended when feasible.

As others have said I hope everyone who wants a ticket gets one, but I'm not looking forward to the inevitable influx of idiots who don't know the team/players and will probably do nothing but criticise.

clint van damme

Bit late to the debate but I think it's justified ST holders are allocated extra tickets, while it doesn't mean we are "super fans" or anything of the sort, it does mean we have continued to actively support the team and pay for the privilege of doing so. Saying that, I do think six is too many.

I also think there should be (and apologies if there is) another priority list for those who have been to x number of games this season, home or away. That covers those who could not purchase a ST for monetary or practical reasons, yet have attended when feasible.

As others have said I hope everyone who wants a ticket gets one, but I'm not looking forward to the inevitable influx of idiots who don't know the team/players and will probably do nothing but criticise.

I've got 12 tickets, 1 each for me and my son who are ST holders the other 10 are going to people who fit the demographic of your second sentence.

Ashdown

In 1987, due to the police and club collapsing to the increasing numbers queuing and opening up the ticket sales early, thousands of 'joyriders' gained tickets they shouldn't have. Some of my mates couldn't get a ticket for love nor money despite going every round of the FA Cup and many more games besides. I managed to get one last minute from a Leics Ref but had to travel on my tod to Wembley !

Calista

It makes you wonder why there isn’t a simple mechanism for fans of all clubs to earn points when buying tickets. When clubs get to Wembley, Season Ticket holders will always (rightly) get first go, but then it could pass on to other fans who’ve earned “gold” status based on their purchase history for the season. Then “silver” fans, followed by “bronze”. It would be a great incentive to buy tickets right from the start of the season wouldn’t it, and everyone would know the score from the outset.

Instead we have the kind of damaging fiasco we’ve seen in the last couple of weeks, with the rules seemingly made up as we go along, and random people getting to Wembley ahead of genuine supporters.

I reckon most clubs use pretty much the same website & online ticket facilities, in which case setting up a common system to handle this ought to be piece of cake.

CCFC88

A lot of clubs do, I have a mate who's been a United ST holder for years and he has to enter the ballot for every away game to keep himself at the highest level, that's just for away games, obviously there is huge demand so if he cant make an away game he can get rid of it but he remains at the top level entrance into ballots etc.

I think this is the same for a lot of clubs with high demand throughout the Prem and into the Championship, Villa and Newcaste, unless you've been to x away games and have a season ticket you wont get a ticket for say Burton and Brentford away.

We have this issue probably every 5 years with a big cup game and then exceptional circumstances every 30 years in Wembley, we really don't warrant the use of a tiered loyalty system, it would be a waste of time for 90% of the time and just complicate things further.

Grendel

It makes you wonder why there isn’t a simple mechanism for fans of all clubs to earn points when buying tickets. When clubs get to Wembley, Season Ticket holders will always (rightly) get first go, but then it could pass on to other fans who’ve earned “gold” status based on their purchase history for the season. Then “silver” fans, followed by “bronze”. It would be a great incentive to buy tickets right from the start of the season wouldn’t it, and everyone would know the score from the outset.

Instead we have the kind of damaging fiasco we’ve seen in the last couple of weeks, with the rules seemingly made up as we go along, and random people getting to Wembley ahead of genuine supporters.

I reckon most clubs use pretty much the same website & online ticket facilities, in which case setting up a common system to handle this ought to be piece of cake.

Why don't you buy a season ticket now for the rest of the season instead of moaning?

Calista

Not a moan, a very constructive suggestion I thought, which would help drive sales and attendances for CCFC (and all clubs) every year. And don’t presume to know my family circumstances, which have made buying a season ticket impossible for the last couple of seasons.

You’ll find I’ve said a lot of positive things about this Wembley occasion, whereas you seem to be quite annoyed by the enthusiasm it has generated. Don’t know why anyone would snub what is a brilliant event for all CFFC fans if they can get there.

Last edited:

Calista

Just to add that as it happens, I am quite confident that I will have the tickets that I and my fellow lifetime fans need. Every post I have made on this topic has been about the principle of treating CCFC supporters fairly, not my narrow personal interests.

Nick

Administrator
Just to add that as it happens, I am quite confident that I will have the tickets that I and my fellow lifetime fans need. Every post I have made on this topic has been about the principle of treating CCFC supporters fairly, not my narrow personal interests.

Where haven't they been treated fairly? It was the same as it was against Brighton in a previous round, were many claiming unfair then?

If people suddenly support CCFC because they were at Wembley but every other game don't bother because "they are shit" or "dont want to line sisu's pockets" then what should be done?

Calista

What rules have been made up?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The clear set of Wembley priorities that was published just before the semi final as a way of making people buy tickets* was completely changed by the club after the event! If that's not making it up as you go along, I don't know what is. Surely nobody would defend that?

* Again this didn't affect me personally, because I already had stubs for earlier rounds of the Checkatrade which had been stated to give a higher level of priority over the semi-final (which I still went to anyway).

Nick

Administrator
The clear set of Wembley priorities that was published just before the semi final as a way of making people buy tickets* was completely changed by the club after the event! If that's not making it up as you go along, I don't know what is. Surely nobody would defend that?

* Again this didn't affect me personally, because I already had stubs for earlier rounds of the Checkatrade which had been stated to give a higher level of priority over the semi-final (which I still went to anyway).

They still do get priority for being to a home game.

Calista

Where haven't they been treated fairly? It was the same as it was against Brighton in a previous round, were many claiming unfair then?
Sorry Nick, I genuinely don't quite understand the Brighton point. Anyway, see my post No. 307 for the unfairness, which was absolutely blatant.

Note to self: stop banging on about this Calista, you're alright, you're going to have Wembley tickets. Walk on by.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry Nick, I genuinely don't quite understand the Brighton point. Anyway, see my post No. 307 for the unfairness, which was absolutely blatant.

Note to self: stop banging on about this Calista, you're alright, you're going to have Wembley tickets. Walk on by.

How is it blatantly unfair? They do get priority because they have been to a home game.

If people feel hard done by that they had to go to the semi final then they need to have a word with themselves then don't they?

Calista

They still do get priority for being to a home game.
But whereas they were promised a higher level of priority, now they are lumped in with anyone who has bought any ticket for the whole season (including this Saturday's match!). It's not a priority system, it's basically general sale isn't it?

oakey

Why don't you buy a season ticket now for the rest of the season instead of moaning?
I do have season tickets and have secured my seats for Wembley but just like in 87 the club has turned this into a confused shambles. Season ticket holders should have been given 4 tickets each and those with Checkatrade stubs could be second priority along with all other attendees for any other game this season.
Season ticket holders will, in many cases, be giving tickets to distant relatives, the bloke down the gym, pub, allotment or social club that last went to a game at Highfield rd. I missed out in 87 in similar circumstances and have felt bitter about it ever since.

Nick

Administrator
But whereas they were promised a higher level of priority, now they are lumped in with anyone who has bought any ticket for the whole season (including this Saturday's match!). It's not a priority system, it's basically general sale isn't it?

No, it's priority over the general public as they have been to a home game this season so they get priority over people who haven't been.

Circumstances changed so they had to do the priorities differently, it was hardly tricking people to go. If people wanted to go they would have.

Why should somebody who went to the semi final and haven't been before get priority over somebody who paid to watch us play Shrewsbury at home in the league?

Covstu

Personally don't think that the cup game stubs should take priority over any league games myself but everyone is entitled to their opinion

Users who are viewing this thread