4 Final Bids (1 Viewer)

skyblueman

4 final bids:

SISU
SISU
SISU
SISU

Guys you know where this is going don't you... it's their appointed administrator remember

Otis

So no definitely Byng then? I wonder who number four is?

As PH4's lot won't confirm, the bidders will almost certainly be the following.

ACL
Sisu
Susi
&
Usis

We know how sisu like to keep coming up with these new names and entities within the whole umbrella of associate companies.

covcity4life

if red bull back us in market des it matter?

i mean dont get me wrong, the name would take some getting used to!!! but the kit with sky blue instead of white would look alright

wingy

As PH4's lot won't confirm, the bidders will almost certainly be the following.

ACL
Sisu
Susi
&
Usis

We know how sisu like to keep coming up with these new names and entities within the whole umbrella of associate companies.

Disappointing that. Wonder what the motivations of JE GH AND PH4 are?:confused:

J

Jack Griffin

So who is the mystery 4th bidder, if it is someone from left field they they've played a blinder keeping the details under wraps.

It was previously stated that 2 bids have strong football connections, presumably one of those must be the Elliot/Hoffman/Haskell consortium.

And if they fail will we ever get to know their name?

Warwickhunt

Keith Harris? I must've missed this! Who is he?
He owns Orville the Green Duck! he his god damn rich man! Anyone who earns money by shoving their hand up a ducks arse must be a God amongst business men.:p

chiefdave

if red bull back us in market des it matter?

has this all just come from that article? is there any actual evidence they may be interested? I can't imagine the FL would authorise a name change so at most you'd be looking at sponsoring the team and arena (if they buy out the Ricoh sponsorship). To be honest that would't bother me in the slightest. New Yorks away kit is blue with a red bull logo where the sponsor would be, I can't imagine anyone getting too upset if we play in a slightly different shade of blue, we've had a few variations over the years anyway. Isn't the sugar free red bull can light blue anyway?

Nick

Administrator
So will the trust be giving us a bit more info about each bid and what we have in store? What are the options we have?

S

skyblue2k

So with ACL not being in the final runners, we are down to Sisu & PH4 as 2 known bidders and 2 bidders who we do not even know there name. If Red Bull came in and backed the team, it would not bother me. But i doubt it, the Red Bull and Coventry came up in this article

http://supportersnotcustomers.com/2013/06/11/against-red-bull-football/

So lets all dream for a few days until PA kicks us in the bollox and announces Sisu as the preferred bidder.

Last night it got me thinking what would happen if A N Other took over the club and then CCFCH was put into Administration, what the football leagues stance would be?

Last edited by a moderator:

mark82

So with ACL not being in the final runners, we are down to Sisu & PH4 as 2 known bidders and 2 bidders who we do not even know there name. If Red Bull came in and backed the team, it would not bother me. But i doubt it, the Red Bull and Coventry came up in this article

http://supportersnotcustomers.com/2013/06/11/against-red-bull-football/

So lets all dream for a few days until PA kicks us in the bollox and announces Sisu as the preferred bidder.

Last night it got me thinking what would happen if A N Other took over the club and then CCFCH was put into Administration, what the football leagues stance would be?

So you would be happy if we were renamed RB Coventry, played in dark blue and red, had our badge changed and our history wiped out?

At least we would still be in the Coventry.

S

skyblue2k

The Football League and Football Association would not allow a name change, this was tried years ago to Coventry Talbot. Whose to say our colours or badge would change, the history would still be there and have to admit there is very little of that apart from promotion to the first division and the fa cup. IF they came in and instead of a company like city link we had the red bull logo on the shirt that is not a problem. "Red Bull light" cans are sky blue and silver, talking of tearing up history that has been done many times. Jimmy Hill did it in the 60's changing our kits from royal blue and white to Sky Blue and also changing the badge, the badge was changed again in the 80's. Back at the start we played in navy and sky-blue. Who is to say change is a bad thing, in the 60's we reached the first division and in the 80's we won the fa cup?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Coventry_City/Coventry_City.htm

Viva la revolution!

theferret

The Football League and Football Association would not allow a name change, this was tried years ago to Coventry Talbot. Whose to say our colours or badge would change, the history would still be there and have to admit there is very little of that apart from promotion to the first division and the fa cup. IF they came in and instead of a company like city link we had the red bull logo on the shirt that is not a problem. "Red Bull light" cans are sky blue and silver, talking of tearing up history that has been done many times. Jimmy Hill did it in the 60's changing our kits from royal blue and white to Sky Blue and also changing the badge, the badge was changed again in the 80's. Back at the start we played in navy and sky-blue. Who is to say change is a bad thing, in the 60's we reached the first division and in the 80's we won the fa cup?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Coventry_City/Coventry_City.htm

Viva la revolution!

It beggars belief that people would welcome this.

Then again, we all seem happy to put our faith in an American tycoon with business interests in mafia controlled Russia and African banana republics, so I guess we'll go with anyone as long as it isn't SISU eh?

Just waiting for Mugabe to be unveiled as the mystery 4th bidder and for the SISU-OUT monkeys to start wetting themselves about it.

James Smith

It beggars belief that people would welcome this.

Then again, we all seem happy to put our faith in an American tycoon with business interests in mafia controlled Russia and African banana republics, so I guess we'll go with anyone as long as it isn't SISU eh?

Just waiting for Mugabe to be unveiled as the mystery 4th bidder and for the SISU-OUT monkeys to start wetting themselves about it.
If they want to change the badge they can look up the last time someone tried that. I'd support new owners up to a point, mucking about with the badge is out of order.

Noggin

So you would be happy if we were renamed RB Coventry, played in dark blue and red, had our badge changed and our history wiped out?

Happy, no, much better than sisu in walsall absobloodylutely. no reason to believe they would wipe out the history, they didn't with the more recent clubs they took over, presumably they learnt that lesson with salzburg, if it came with strong investment (they signed thiery henry for their new york team), purchase of the stadium and a realistic chance of heading to the premier league I could even get excited about it, while still being upset about certain aspects. There would probably be some people who would never go again but I'd still expect it to be very positive for our attendance if people believed it could be a success.

Sub

Red bull cheer leaders :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

SkyblueBazza

You cannot change or wipe out History...even changing the name would not take away our past.

Samo

what's the diference between Orville,Cuddles and Tim Fisher.
well Tim talks out of his arse
the others need a hand up their's to talk.

I don't think there's so much of a difference... Tim is a puppet too!

O

odysseus

My theory is that Mr Ranson will be involved in one of the other bidding groups.

Users who are viewing this thread