4th bloody heart attack! (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hi guys, just thought I'd share something with you. :)
Last Monday (28th Nov) I had my 4th heart attack. Getting a bit used to 'em by now! Just got out of hospital today (Fri) after having another 3 stents inserted into various bits around my ticker!
Just goes to show you, you can't beat the heart of a good Paddy! :joyful:

Ian1779

Bloody hell... Make sure you take care.

In hindsight you probably picked the worst football team in the world to follow in your condition.

Pipehitterz

Glad you're still smiling buddy.
This last year my Ex bro in law, my new bro in law and my other bro in laws bro, all had heart attacks and stents put in so there's something in the water Mate.
Good luck to you

Otis

Last Monday (28th Nov) I had my 4th heart attack. Getting a bit used to 'em by now! Just got out of hospital today (Fri) after having another 3 stents inserted into various bits around my ticker!
You keep on going Houch. I reckon even if you have 50 heart attacks you will still be on here chewing the cud.

Take it easy anyway and hope it won't get in the way of any Christmas celebrations.

wingy

My god Houch it possibly is the Irish genes
Sounds like you're ready for a Bypass,all those stents.
Good luck and as Eddie Kendricks used to say, "Keep on trucking "!!

Last edited:

Houchens Head

My god Houch it possibly is the Irish genes
Sounds like you're ready for a Bypass,all those stents.
Good luck and as Eddie Hendricks used to say, "Keep on trucking "!!
Had a double bypass already Wingy, way back in 2002 (just after my 2nd heart attack). Lovely scar running down my chest for life! ;)

Houchens Head

You keep on going Houch. I reckon even if you have 50 heart attacks you will still be on here chewing the cud.

Take it easy anyway and hope it won't get in the way of any Christmas celebrations.
Thanks Otis! I'll still enjoy Christmas but maybe not over-indulge, eh? :)

Houchens Head

Glad you're still smiling buddy.
This last year my Ex bro in law, my new bro in law and my other bro in laws bro, all had heart attacks and stents put in so there's something in the water Mate.
Good luck to you
Thanks PH. It tends to run in my family as well. Dad died at 54, eldest brother at 50. One M.I. each. I'm nearly 64 and have now had four so someone up there thinks I'm good enough to hang on to! ;)

Houchens Head

Bloody hell... Make sure you take care.

In hindsight you probably picked the worst football team in the world to follow in your condition.
I still love 'em!

Philosorapter

I've got some catching up to do with you. Had my first a month or two ago. Seems like I am munching tablets non stop at the moment...

Do wish you all the best...

Houchens Head

I've got some catching up to do with you. Had my first a month or two ago. Seems like I am munching tablets non stop at the moment...

Do wish you all the best...
That is a downside Philo. I'm on 18 a day but I also have diabetes, so it does seem a lot. It's a struggle to remember which ones to take and when, sometimes!

Houchens Head

I had to be transferred from the Isle of Wight hospital because it's only a small place and don't do "big operations", so ended up in Portsmouth at Queen Alexander Hosp. Nice views from the window!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Bloody hell houch that's incredible, keep safe fella.
My father in law had a heart attack in the street about 4 years ago only by sheer fluke his neighbour had done a basic cpr course the previous day, he saved his life.
My father in law still likes a pint or two but doesn't smoke any more and changed his diet and exercises twice a week.

Terry Gibson's perm

The bloke that used to sit behind me at HR had a heart attack during a game very scary to see can't remember the game as we left our seats to give the paramedics some space to work and then stopped at the bar for the rest of the game as it didn't seem to matter, he was back a couple of games later still smoking and going mad at the players and calling the opposition players camels.

Hope you are Houch and have escaped Portsmouth

Sick Boy

The bloke that used to sit behind me at HR had a heart attack during a game very scary to see can't remember the game as we left our seats to give the paramedics some space to work and then stopped at the bar for the rest of the game as it didn't seem to matter, he was back a couple of games later still smoking and going mad at the players and calling the opposition players camels.

Hope you are Houch and have escaped Portsmouth

What year was that? 95? East Stand?

Houchens Head

Bloody hell houch that's incredible, keep safe fella.
My father in law had a heart attack in the street about 4 years ago only by sheer fluke his neighbour had done a basic cpr course the previous day, he saved his life.
My father in law still likes a pint or two but doesn't smoke any more and changed his diet and exercises twice a week.
I'm glad he's changing his lifestyle. It makes a huge difference. I have to admit that I didn't and have now suffered the consequences. I am certainly changing from now on though! ;-)

clint van damme

Bloody hell!! You take it easy HH.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yes, I remember it quite clearly, it was the row one or two behind and the first season the East Stand was open. I would only have been about 10 or 11.

I think it might have been a bit later than that around the time we beat Man City when lee Hughes scored.

olderskyblue

Back into rehab soon then Houch?

Be careful with all those nurses.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread