Aaron Phillips Leaving (1 Viewer)

palmerd717

Just seen a tweet from his dad saying end of an era, 14yrs at at Coventry, enjoy the lap of honour AP.

If true it's a shame, bags of potential in him, needed a loan move to a decent L2 side to develop I think 2 years ago, never had a decent run in the team.

Great goal against wolves though

steve82

That will be a shame. I personally would like to see him have another contract, however if we got to rebuild and start again then so be it.
Some good goals from him in his time tho

Otis

Then makes you wonder about Lorentzson. If TM thinks Philips isn't good enough he must really hate Matin Lorentzson.

covcity4life

Great news. As nick said hes not league 1 level and we will no doubt improve at right back now

Good look to him though in future

CV22SBA

I guess he is being released.

Can see him being a League 2 player next year.

Thought he was poor at the start of the season with lots of mistakes and dropped because of it. Like someone said earlier a loan to L2 would have done him good. However..... Over the past few games I've been really impressed with him and one of our better players. He's still a young kid so I'd keep him on. Bit disappointed with his dad if he did tweet this before a game, not the first time he's caused a stir on Twitter this season.

higgs

Get rid of the two twits tweeting away he gave away more penaltys than half the other teams in the division put together with his basketball skills

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

his dad should understand football he played it long enough but after all he is his dad and I know how I would feel...good luck to the lad but we can definitely do better, if he was good enough he would be staying simples

Otis

Yep, not good enough. Had that feeling for some time now.

My big worry is that TM sees Willis as a right back and possibly first choice right back. If that's to be the case that will severely hamper our attacking options down the right in terms of supporting young Jones.

Willis offers next to nothing going forwards. Both Phillips and Lorentzson got upfield and supported the attack.

chiefdave

Would have thought he was worth another year. The Lorentzson is a bit odd, he's only here for the season isn't he.

If Phillips is being let go wonder if someone is already lined up to come in.

Otis

Would have thought he was worth another year. The Lorentzson is a bit odd, he's only here for the season isn't he.

If Phillips is being let go wonder if someone is already lined up to come in.

Or (shudder) Sam Ricketts is being kept on for another year.

higgs

Ricketts is a banker to get a new 1 yr deal mogga rates him massively

Monkeyface

He'll probably join another team who will discover his ability to play in a different role, and end up passing us on their way up. Get sold on for a couple of million, before making a solid career for himself between the prem and championship.

higgs

He'll probably join another team who will discover his ability to play in a different role, and end up passing us on their way up. Get sold on for a couple of million, before making a solid career for himself between the prem and championship.
Can we get any compensation

steve82

Or (shudder) Sam Ricketts is being kept on for another year.

Ricketts is a banker to get a new 1 yr deal mogga rates him massively

Just choked on my coffee at the thought!!!
Aaron Phillips offers far more than Ricketts. Made less errors over the season.
I personally see Willis as a CB and a makeshift RB not a natural one. Lacks the speed to get forward to overlap

stupot07

Its a shame, but he's not good enough, neither is lorentzson. The worry is Mowbray sees Willis as a Right back and I think there's a big possibility ricketts will be offered another year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hadji10

Was worthy of a new deal. When he had a consistent run in the side he was beginning to show some consistency himself (shock horror), he's been woefully managed by Mowbray and it wouldn't surprise me if he turned a new deal down to progress elsewhere, it's clear Mowbray doesn't rate the kid.

J

Jack Griffin

He's no better than Jordan Clarke, and Clarke wasn't good enough.

Although Clarke is holding down his place in the team lying 8th in League One with 34 appearances & 2 goals this season.

* Hey, just a little slower on the draw than Chiefdave :D

D

Deleted member 2477

Willis before his njury was woeful at rb. Nearly every goal we conceded started off with willis getting skinned or losing his man.
if we are relyng on him and rickets at rb next season then god help us

Mcbean

Agree with Nick - Willis gets vertigo over the half way line - Ricketts and Willis are not wing backs - its the need for speed ! whatever Kent was he was quick and terrified people - Jody Jones can do the same just needs to learn to go outside sometimes

wingy

Not so sure he was.
Considering we didn't ship many goals in the first 20 games.
Have a recollection Phillips was used early on in the season against either Crewe,Southend or both and that was where he was reckless giving away the penalties or free kicks.
He was suicidal in his approach.

rupert_bear

Aaron Phillips is a midfield player not a full back, has filled in there and did okay to point. He's best to move on get in his best position.

Greggs

Then makes you wonder about Lorentzson. If TM thinks Philips isn't good enough he must really hate Matin Lorentzson.
And so he should. Didn't take TM long to realise what a terrible defender the man is.

Greggs

Agree with Nick - Willis gets vertigo over the half way line - Ricketts and Willis are not wing backs - its the need for speed ! whatever Kent was he was quick and terrified people - Jody Jones can do the same just needs to learn to go outside sometimes

Do we play wing-backs?

Ashdown

Shame apart from one glaring mistake he did quite well when I saw him. Perhaps Mowbray has a blinding idea of a replacement lined up like Stephen Hunt or some other dog end he thinks we owe a favour to !

Users who are viewing this thread