Academy Protest Idea's (4 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

Will the SBT coordinate anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give them a fucking chance ffs
people keep pushing them for comments etc then when it has been rushed are quick to criticise let them get all the info they need first

Ian1779

Not sure it's been mentioned, but some social media/press coverage would be beneficial. With respect (and not looking for an argument) but we aren't going to get a tune out of the CET. Perhaps the other paper in Coventry would be willing to get behind this?

Not sure it's been mentioned, but some social media/press coverage would be beneficial. With respect (and not looking for an argument) but we aren't going to get a tune out of the CET. Perhaps the other paper in Coventry would be willing to get behind this?

maybe we can create a 'twitter storm' and really show them

ok 2 scenarios

1: a bunch of spineless mugs sit on twitter chatting wet about nothing, and moping on about the blitz n 87

2: 1000 city fans throwing bags of dog shit at the wasps board and the council.

whos making the news now?

fucking twitter storm?

....cov all over

SkyBlue_Bear83

I've said my piece in that I think its pointless so I'll try with something more constructive.
Firstly I'd suggest a boycott of the Coventry telegraph
Secondly get the basics set up, a website where people can express there views with a link to a petition, a good idea to get former players involved. We can have quotes and video messages from previous players headlining the website. Get a twitter and facebook account going specifically to save the academy and get one of those hashtag thingys going.
In terms of actual protests, I like the one about doing something at the Higgs centre. If we could disrupt there days activities/events that would be good.

mark82

I don't think anyone I suggesting just twitter are they? Clearly it needs more so let's see what the trust come up with. It needs to be coordinated properly so the trust should be the ones to do it. I'm sure they would welcome sensible suggestions (ie not ones involving dog shit).

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I don't think anyone I suggesting just twitter are they? Clearly it needs more so let's see what the trust come up with. It needs to be coordinated properly so the trust should be the ones to do it. I'm sure they would welcome sensible suggestions (ie not ones involving dog shit).
Ok we won't involve roberto whatever his name is then

Ian1779

I've said my piece in that I think its pointless so I'll try with something more constructive.
Secondly get the basics set up, a website where people can express there views with a link to a petition, a good idea to get former players involved. We can have quotes and video messages from previous players headlining the website. Get a twitter and facebook account going specifically to save the academy and get one of those hashtag thingys going.
In terms of actual protests, I like the one about doing something at the Higgs centre. If we could disrupt there days activities/events that would be good.

What about protesting at the Ricoh at a Wasps event?

'We will not be kicked out of our home city by a franchise' - or something more catchy and succinct.

Hobo

Surely we should not be looking for the SBT to lead the way, surely it should be our owners.

But unfortunately they have played their share in straining the relationship during their tenure at Alan Higgs Centre. Unfortunately they haven't shown any of the vision or ambition Wasps are showing to develop the site; an inevitable attraction for the landlord and council.

Unfortunately yet again we see our owners not only seem to lack the finances but also the vision to get investors on board. Joy the self proclaimed property development expert seems to have let another exciting opportunity slip through her fingers; yet again Wasps haven't hesitated to explore the obvious potential.

The only comfort for me is we seem to be treading water at least rather than sinking fast. Keep the faith, I just hope a bit of managerial experience and stability will lead to an upturn in first team fortunes.

Can't we all just protest like the NHS did, get banners, signs and start marching to either AHC, WASPS OFFICE,SISU HQ OR COUNCIL HOUSE

SkyBlue_Bear83

What about protesting at the Ricoh at a Wasps event?

'We will not be kicked out of our home city by a franchise' - or something more catchy and succinct.

Possibly I'm not sure what protests aimed at Wasps will help achieve though with regards to the academy. Keep them focused on the Higgs centre and coventry sporting foundation I would say. What other events or venues do the csf work with? Could maybe target some of them.

Nick

Administrator
Open question, but is it worth protesting outside Brown's as-was? (can't remember its new name!) Leaflet people going in there, cause Higgs some financial issue too?

Or has the Higgs ship sailed?
Christ people have been stood outside there for years when getting turned away for no reason

stupot07

Surely we should not be looking for the SBT to lead the way, surely it should be our owners.

But unfortunately they have played their share in straining the relationship during their tenure at Alan Higgs Centre. Unfortunately they haven't shown any of the vision or ambition Wasps are showing to develop the site; an inevitable attraction for the landlord and council.

Unfortunately yet again we see our owners not only seem to lack the finances but also the vision to get investors on board. Joy the self proclaimed property development expert seems to have let another exciting opportunity slip through her fingers; yet again Wasps haven't hesitated to explore the obvious potential.

The only comfort for me is we seem to be treading water at least rather than sinking fast. Keep the faith, I just hope a bit of managerial experience and stability will lead to an upturn in first team fortunes.
Why would we develop the site? We have ryton, the academy are already using the facilities, we're not the club who has no base and is having to move its training facilities 90 miles.

Yes, criticise for not committing long term, which IMO wouldn't have made a difference, but don't criticise them for not having the vision to move from ryton and build at ryton. That's just bonkers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Give them a fucking chance ffs
people keep pushing them for comments etc then when it has been rushed are quick to criticise let them get all the info they need first

Fucking hell, I only asked a question. I didn't exactly say 'why haven't they drawn up an 87 point plan of attack yet?', did I?

Keep you knickers on pet...

lifeskyblue

It is a shame local elections are not due for ages. Having a few candidates standing on a specific issue such as the appropriation of space by a hedge fund would a) get media coverage and b) might make the big parties respond with their strategy and should any of them win it would give an opportunity to both develop policy and hear the truth from council debates.

Terry Gibson's perm

I already boycott the paper as it is crap and over priced but I would go further and boycott any company that links itself to the London rugby club

ccfcway

Would be great if we could pack out a Wasps game that was on sky. Sing the sky blue song for 90 mins.

I would be more than up for that, but sadly, there maybe a few hundred or us, or maybe ever 2,000, which wouldn't have the impact, we need to pack the place

rupert_bear

When you drive along Allard Way there looks to be lots of spare land between Higgs and the London Road site of the old Water works so I fail to see why the Wasps training centre and our Acadamy can't co-exist. But it takes positive co-operation between the two parties. Heaven knows CCFC have earned plenty from recent player sales of Acadamy developed players so investing a slice of that one to help preserve our Acadamy 2 status which has proved to be a nice little earner. Before we jump up and down wanting "action" we need to get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Over to you Mr. Anderson.

Ranjit Bhurpa

If it's PR and outreach we need, surely the first port of call is to canvass the thoughts of our elected representatives....not those vindictive amateurs holed up in the council bunker but our 3 MP's, one of which is a former Chairman and Board Member of CCFC.

Users who are viewing this thread