ACL possible next move? (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

If you were ACL would you consider saying to SISU, Ok play at the Ricoh for free for the next 3 years whilst you build your stadium.

Could ACL just about break even without SISU's rent?

It would force the FL into refusing SISU a ground share as how could they justify the negative impact on FFP whilst the Ricoh is available rent free.

It would force SISU into a quandary as personally I do not believe they have any intention of building a stadium. I think they want to be away from the Ricoh to break ACL.

It would buy ACL 3 years if SISU did actually go through with the new stadium to build up alternative business for the Ricoh.

Sky Blue Pete

Way past this I understand.

We really do need new owners who will not bleed the club dry and take us from disaster to disaster!!

torchomatic

Break even? We're told they don't need our money anyway.

Grendel

Way past this I understand.

We really do need new owners who will not bleed the club dry and take us from disaster to disaster!!

Yes Pete they really have bled the club dry. The Cayman Islands Account has trebled since the lucrative acquisition of CCFC.

OyJimmy

ACL will firstly try to block Sisu's takeover. If they fail I predict they will launch a new club at the Ricoh or they will buy Nuneaton and just move them. The league will go nuts but its no less legal then what Sisu are doing.

This thing will go nuclear.

Sky Blue Pete

Yes Pete they really have bled the club dry. The Cayman Islands Account has trebled since the lucrative acquisition of CCFC.

I mean more than financially

I cannot believe they have funded the club anywhere near as much as is claimed but it is without doubt that our club is on its knees thanks largely to the hand that they were dealt and the choices they have made.

Happy that ACL/CCC/Higgs could and probably should have made things easier but Sisu have had their go and been found wanting

Sisu have quite literally bled the club dry of any hope, future, support, success, trust, respect etc etc etc

There is no deal to do with Sisu - administrator yes but not Sisu - Nail after nail being driven in our clubs coffin.

So so frustrating - sorry for the inappropriate use of 'bled the club' dry but I hope I have clarified my stance.

SkyblueBazza

ACL will firstly try to block Sisu's takeover. If they fail I predict they will launch a new club at the Ricoh or they will buy Nuneaton and just move them. The league will go nuts but its no less legal then what Sisu are doing.

I think the FL wouldn't give a toss about that. Nuneaton are in a different League system. Doubt the Nuneaton fans would be best pleased though...would you?

Sick Boy

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

There is no way that ACL are going to buy a football club, and the fact that some seem to support the relocation of a club, whilst complaining of the current owners is laughable.

I am sure there are more than one or two hypocrites on here who would follow a ACL-run-Nuneaton at the Ricoh.

Chipfat

The council invested in a Coventry stadium to generate money, business and employment as well as develop the local area..

Sisu invested in a short term plan to maximize the return, they have no moral obligation to this city people or fans....

I wish the minority would understand this, the council are not without blame but being used as a excuse to run up 60 mill of debt and take a club away is taking the piss..Each to there own but i stand by the Coventry connection not some fooking company with mutliple faces people and without a bone of care about what they ultimately have caused...

Bill Glazier

The council invested in a Coventry stadium to generate money, business and employment as well as develop the local area..

Sisu invested in a short term plan to maximize the return, they have no moral obligation to this city people or fans....

I wish the minority would understand this, the council are not without blame but being used as a excuse to run up 60 mill of debt and take a club away is taking the piss..Each to there own but i stand by the Coventry connection not some fooking company with mutliple faces people and without a bone of care about what they ultimately have caused...

Dead on. Sisu is the enemy- end of. NOPM

Houdi

If you were ACL would you consider saying to SISU, Ok play at the Ricoh for free for the next 3 years whilst you build your stadium.

Could ACL just about break even without SISU's rent?

It would force the FL into refusing SISU a ground share as how could they justify the negative impact on FFP whilst the Ricoh is available rent free.

It would force SISU into a quandary as personally I do not believe they have any intention of building a stadium. I think they want to be away from the Ricoh to break ACL.

It would buy ACL 3 years if SISU did actually go through with the new stadium to build up alternative business for the Ricoh.

Not sure why offering the Ricoh for free would force SISU into a quandary.If ACL don't agree a deal with SISU for them to play at the Ricoh,then SISU will still have to convince the Football League that they have serious plans for a new ground.Where we play next year wont alter that requirement.Surely if ACL want to force SISU to sell the club,it would be in their best interest to makes things as costly as possible for SISU.

dongonzalos

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

There is no way that ACL are going to buy a football club, and the fact that some seem to support the relocation of a club, whilst complaining of the current owners is laughable.

I am sure there are more than one or two hypocrites on here who would follow a ACL-run-Nuneaton at the Ricoh.

The highest order would be if the majority of Nuneaton fans did not want it, you like I have no idea what they want

Buster

When I speak to fans of other clubs about us, they say that SISU are very bad owners, but also that ACL are taking the piss. It is a shame that more of our own fans don't see this.

Why did they say ACL were taking the piss ?

dongonzalos

Not sure why offering the Ricoh for free would force SISU into a quandary.If ACL don't agree a deal with SISU for them to play at the Ricoh,then SISU will still have to convince the Football League that they have serious plans for a new ground.Where we play next year wont alter that requirement.Surely if ACL want to force SISU to sell the club,it would be in their best interest to makes things as costly as possible for SISU.

They don't want to build a stadium they just need to get out of the Ricoh to break ACL and 3-4 years is a nice time frame to do it.

If ACL can have them in there and survive without the rent. It does force SISU into a quandary as they want to be out of the Ricoh.

If they are forced to be in it. They will never break ACL.

They will eventually have to sell up or come up with another crazy plan.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Why did they say ACL were taking the piss ?

The massively over-inflated rent that the club have been charged. They can't believe how much affection our fans have for them...it makes us a laughing stock. It is embarrassing that so many fans fall for their propaganda.

Buster

The massively over-inflated rent that the club have been charged. They can't believe how much affection our fans have for them...it makes us a laughing stock. It is embarrassing that so many fans fall for their propaganda.

Were they talking about the original rent or the renegotiated rent?

dongonzalos

It was 1.2 million. Highfield Road was 900k.

The club was offered a sliding scale rent in league with league and attendances. Which would have naturally now been lower in league one with 10k crowds.

The club rejected it.

Grendel

The club was offered a sliding scale rent in league with league and attendances. Which would have naturally now been lower in league one with 10k crowds.

The club rejected it.

So it was £900K at Highfield Road was it?

Houdi

They don't want to build a stadium they just need to get out of the Ricoh to break ACL and 3-4 years is a nice time frame to do it.

If ACL can have them in there and survive without the rent. It does force SISU into a quandary as they want to be out if the Ricoh.

If they are forced to be in it. They will never break ACL.

They will eventually have to sell up or come up with another crazy plan.
Yes but the Football League requirements are for SISU to provide clear evidence that they have set in motion a credible plan to building a new ground,I'm not sure a 'back of a 'fag packet' drawing will suffice.They will have to convince the football league and more importantly the other clubs that their plans are credible.Where we play next year is immaterial to that requirement.I'm sure the FL will require a substantial up front bond of circa £1 million,to initially reassure the league of their intentions,similar to what Rotherham had to provide.

Midlandlatic

Both...they say the re-negotiated rent at the the Ricoh is too high for a League 1 club, yet out fans lap it up.

There are some propper tools on here the former was bad but needed because of the mortgage reduced rent was a bargin for what you get as a stadium and that is*from a fan of another club looking in

Sick Boy

The club rejected it.

So the club would have been punished for attracting more supporters? It is hardly surprising we find ourselves where we are with fans who obviously don't have the club as their priority.

torchomatic

It was 1.2 million. Highfield Road was 900k

Ah yes, after the fool Richardson sold then rented back our own stadium.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Chipfat

And you lap up Sisu claiming the reason why we are 60 mill in debt is because of it and all decision made by them are council forced.. Sisu have blamed everyone for errors made even past board members who are now back in control ,,you lap that up aswell...Can't wait for text a sub , or KD standing with his clip board on the pitch might even get TF in a cov kit with a bucket collecting for a JS statue....

Sick Boy

There are some propper tools on here the former was bad but needed because of the mortgage reduced rent was a bargin for what you get as a stadium and that is*from a fan of another club looking in

It is hard to understand what you have written but I will try.

It doesn't matter how the stadium is, we are quickly becoming an average League 1 club...it doesn't matter what the stadium is like if we can't afford it.

Users who are viewing this thread