ACL possible next move? (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

I think he should be treated with a bit more scrutiny than that as he has been overtly dishonest in regard to the rent discussions before. The club's words were 'We shook hands purely as a goodbye gesture' in regard to the deal which they went back on-if you can trust these people then fine but I just can't. Note that this doesn't mean I take everything that comes out of the ACL press office as 100% truth either.

I trust no one BSB and I look at both parties with a lot of scrutiny.

Astute

Fisher also said they would pay a reasonable rent. They were offered the Ricoh for £400,000 a season. Was the rent paid?

It has all been about trying to send ACL to the wall. When the loan got refinanced SISU threatened them with court as they could survive without rent money, although this was done so they could offer a much reduced rent. They will do what they can to get the ground. They don't give a shit about our club.

Do you want our club to own the Ricoh? If so then why does anyone want SISU to get it? It would belong to them and not our club. They would just start off yet another branch of SISU and put the ownership of the ground in it. Then there is a good chance they would get rid of our club in the way that would make them the most money whilst keeping ownership of the ground. This is why I am against them getting it.

James Smith

Everyone has lied in the past BSB including Tim Fisher, but my point is I believe him on this subject and subsequently I can't recall ACL ever denying it?

You have had answered the question you have been posing for sometime. Not everything will be lie, many things will be and I am sure we all know what these lies are, like I said however on this comment I think that TF might be telling the truth.
Just a thought but they might not have denied it because it may be part of impending legal action, especially if what he said was inaccurate. Obviously it can't be the case that everything Tim says is inaccurate, but he does have 'form' for it. Roll on the court cases so this whole sorry mess can be sorted out and we can go back to not enjoying the football.

Covkid1968#

The council invested in a Coventry stadium to generate money, business and employment as well as develop the local area..

Sisu invested in a short term plan to maximize the return, they have no moral obligation to this city people or fans....

I wish the minority would understand this, the council are not without blame but being used as a excuse to run up 60 mill of debt and take a club away is taking the piss..Each to there own but i stand by the Coventry connection not some fooking company with mutliple faces people and without a bone of care about what they ultimately have caused...

Spot on Chipfat!!

CCFCSteve

Fisher also said they would pay a reasonable rent. They were offered the Ricoh for £400,000 a season. Was the rent paid?

It has all been about trying to send ACL to the wall. When the loan got refinanced SISU threatened them with court as they could survive without rent money, although this was done so they could offer a much reduced rent. They will do what they can to get the ground. They don't give a shit about our club.

Do you want our club to own the Ricoh? If so then why does anyone want SISU to get it? It would belong to them and not our club. They would just start off yet another branch of SISU and put the ownership of the ground in it. Then there is a good chance they would get rid of our club in the way that would make them the most money whilst keeping ownership of the ground. This is why I am against them getting it.

Agree with what you say. A lot of their word/actions dont add up.

The all important revenue from burgers and beers is significantly less than the impact of the reduced revenue from a lower crowd in the short term (at another ground) and longer term (as we may well end up in a lower league). Thats not even taking into consideration the indirect cost to the club/SISU (professional fees etc) of the club ending up in Administration.

£400k is pretty reasonable rent for the facility and I understand that ACL were willing to write off some of the rental arrears debt. I also thought there would be some kind of share in the revenues.

I understand that this is the deal that was agreed/shook hands on...only for the club to renege on the agreement.

Whether its correct or not, I can only come to the same assumption that they were seeking to distress ACL in an attempt to get their hands on the ground. A hardball game that didnt end up as expected.

dongonzalos

I am just looking at their options.

1) let the club play at the Ricoh for free. Call SISU's bluff regarding the stadium build
2) take action against the administration process and the golden share bit.
3) let a Phoenix club go in there rent free with tiny crowds and no funding.
4) see if Mr Haskell buys Nuneaton. They move in, no legal action. He wipes the floor of non league and league two. Builds a new academy. Coventry City wherever it is will probably fold.

Just looking at it from their point of view

It's seems there is now a 5th and probably better option for ACL
Let one of the other sports clubs interested move in.

Users who are viewing this thread