ACL to allow CCFC Ltd to play for free! (1 Viewer)

duffer

Just on CWR - ACL offer to let CCFC Ltd play for free for one season.

Otis

And you can't say fairer than that.

Those nasty, nasty ACL boys!! :pointlaugh:

Otis

It helps Sisu too, because it would give them plenty of time to arrange a groundshare for next season.

magic82ball

Is this because ACL know SISU are the proffered bidders and so want to get them back in the Ricoh in the long term?

Otis

The Directors of Arena Coventry Limited have been deeply concerned with how the emotions of Coventry City Football Club supporters have been tested over recent months and more especially the past few weeks.

These concerns were discussed in great detail at an ACL Board Meeting on 7 June 2013, and we have today notified the Football League and the Joint Administrators of a proposed solution for the coming season.

To enable the Football Club to fulfil its commitments under Football League Regulations, and to provide stability whilst Coventry City Football Club Limited, which owns the League Share, remains in Administration, ACL has agreed to allow the club to play its homes games free of any rental fee, therefore removing any need for the supporters to travel outside the City to watch home games.

All charges incurred on match day as a consequence of staging a football match, will be passed through at cost, for example, stewarding, policing, utilities, frost protection, match day repairs to stadium, health safety and compliance management and certification, service charges for maintenance contracts e.g. flood lights, generators etc.

Whilst these sums may vary depending on attendances, it should be noted that policing, stewarding and pitch maintenance have historically been directly managed and paid for by the club. ACL also acknowledges that service related charges can be verified if necessary by an independent external party.

Given ACL wishes to ensure it provides the best playing surface possible for all football league matches, it will now take direct responsibility for future management and maintenance of the pitch.

The Directors of ACL hope the supporters of Coventry City Football Club, the Joint Administrators and the Football League, will view this as a positive and productive move, and should assist in dispelling the uncertainty and upset of the past weeks.

magic82ball

SISU haven't said yes yet, knowing them they will reject just to try to distress ACL further by missing out on matchday revenues.

dongonzalos

Ha ha they are screwing Joy's plan left right and centre and blowing the judicial review out the window with one foul swoop.

Come on Joy show us it is not about moving somewhere else. Purely to leave the Ricoh empty till you are asked to come back in your terms now is your chance.

There is absolute no excuse for ground sharing!!!!!!

Otis

They can't say no. Surely not.

That would really cause a revolt amongst supporters!

dongonzalos

They will only say no if the ground share is all about leaving the Ricoh empty and screwing ACL and nothing about building a new stadium

SkyBlue_Bear83

If SISU get CCFC Limited back I can just imagine what will happen.

ACL will be claiming SISU rejected there offer and SISU will be blaming ACL saying they withdrew the offer......and round and round in circles we will go again.

magic82ball

On the flip side, ACL may know that they are preferred bidders and so have said this so Season Ticket holders don't get disillusioned before ST go on sale. So many possibilities.

Otis

Turning this on it's head slightly, isn't this a great opportunity for Sisu to stay at the Ricoh and then try and get this Byng consortium onboard in a joint venture with a promise for the new owners to take full control and Sisu to back down at a later date?

Just thinking new investment could bring success and with success comes money and with money comes the chance to pay Sisu off.

dongonzalos

Turning this on it's head slightly, isn't this a great opportunity for Sisu to stay at the Ricoh and then try and get this Byng consortium onboard in a joint venture with a promise for the new owners to take full control and Sisu to back down at a later date?

Just thinking new investment could bring success and with success comes money and with money comes the chance to pay Sisu off.

Mr Byngs backers are not too keen. We need someone really committed.

Also I am also unsure why multimillion pound conglomerates would approach him to get them established in th West Midlands. .

Cranfield Sky Blue

The quote just said CCFC Ltd.

If SISU win the bid I presume it would be hard to back track, but maybe it would force them to honouring future agreements.

Never a dull day with CCFC. (Ltd).

Wow..... Even TF and JS would be hard pushed to sell moving next season to anyone..... even to each other may be hard!

torchomatic

Fisher should snap their hands off! However, I would read the small print to see what the cost was from year two!!

ACL know that without the Football Club they would sink.

torchomatic

Shame they hadn't have done something a little fairer back in 2005. Things may not be so desperate now.

And you can't say fairer than that.

Those nasty, nasty ACL boys!! :pointlaugh:

djpalms23

I thought we'd been playing at the Ricoh for free anyway, this isnt anything new :D:D:D

Otis

Shame they hadn't have done something a little fairer back in 2005. Things may not be so desperate now.

Agree with that.

This is a very decent gesture though and should be taken on face value.

If Sisu still want to move it gives them a whole year to look for another ground.

AFCCOVENTRY

Brilliant! The day after fishers last forum bashing session, acl release a statement saying CCFC ltd can play for free and informed the football league. Basically Sisu would be hard pushed to say no and the league will say you are being offered a free stadium in Coventry! Lol...

What a game of chess this is!

magic82ball

If I go in to the shop and the man wants to charge me £1 for a Mars Bar, I can either pay it, or get out - I certainly wouldn't pay it, eat it, then haggle for a discount.

AFCCOVENTRY

However this could strengthen the acl bid now with the administrator.

Their bid would say we wipe the debts owed to us, the club stay at Ricoh in Coventry for free and we have a major backer in Haskell.

I just have feeling this acl bid is a back up bid for team Haskell.

ajsccfc

So is this ACL bid potentially good? Bad? Irrelevant as SISU will win the day? I can't really tell. Can't wait for all of this to be resolved one way or the other.

torchomatic

Oh, FFS. A mars bar for £1 or paid rent for six years of £1.2M? I'm all for analogies but at least make them relevant.

Why not stick up for your football club rather than the Council, you may like it. :facepalm:

If I go in to the shop and the man wants to charge me £1 for a Mars Bar, I can either pay it, or get out - I certainly wouldn't pay it, eat it, then haggle for a discount.

dongonzalos

No because now it is actually eat it, don't pay for it then haggle for a discount.

torchomatic

You're right, a very decent gesture and one that Fisher should take up straightaway. As I've said I not adverse to a new ground that is ours but stay at the Ricoh in the meantime or simply buy as much of the Ricoh as you can.

Agree with that.

This is a very decent gesture though and should be taken on face value.

If Sisu still want to move it gives them a whole year to look for another ground.

AFCCOVENTRY

What Acl have basically done is look like the knights in shining armour to the rescue.

If Sisu say no to this then that would make them look like complete idiots in the media and with the league.

However, I believe the latest move by acl is another 'tactical' manoeuvre.

Users who are viewing this thread