ACL to allow CCFC Ltd to play for free! (1 Viewer)

magic82ball

Oh, FFS. A mars bar for £1 or paid rent for six years of £1.2M? I'm all for analogies but at least make them relevant.

Why not stick up for your football club rather than the Council, you may like it. :facepalm:

The whole point of an analogy is that you break it down into something simpler so its easier to understand. :) Its my analogy and im sticking with it.

I'm a bit more pragmatic than just supporting the side that suits me best. I like to look at both sides of the argument and although I cant disagree ACL rent was very high, If this didn't fit within a workable business model for SISU then why sign up to it?

Last edited:
D

Ddccfc

Are you all being deliberately ignorant? Read the wording of the statement carefully.

CCFC LTD can play at the Ricoh for free only WHILE IT IS IN ADMINISTRATION.

So what if the club is not in administration (which it probably won't be in a few weeks)

Overall, an empty gesture and more PR-driven bluster.

dongonzalos

My gut feeling tells me someone is going to buy out both the Higgs and the council share of ACL once the football club is bought.
I hope whoever does it employs whoever has been advising ACL in this apparent David verses Goliath battle.

David always seems one step ahead

Godiva

Are you all being deliberately ignorant? Read the wording of the statement carefully.

CCFC LTD can play at the Ricoh for free only WHILE IT IS IN ADMINISTRATION.

So what if the club is not in administration (which it probably won't be in a few weeks)

Overall, an empty gesture and more PR-driven bluster.

But we eat it without reading the declaration. It's from ACL so it must be great for the club and for the fans. They have always expressed nothing but the best interest for the club, so it must be true ... right?

Seyeclops666

Haha Torch (and no doubt Grendel) still can't bring himself to congratulate ACL on keeping the club at home (at the Ricoh and in the City) - now moaning that they might charge a few quid over cost price - amazing just incredible!!

Fisher should snap their hands off! However, I would read the small print to see what the cost was from year two!!

ACL know that without the Football Club they would sink.

A pre cursor to a successful ACL bid perhaps, if ACL were to be successful and announce council backed rent free would that not be against anti competition?

theferret

Really? what's the difference? SISU knew the cost of everything when they did their due diligence and decided it was a workable business model, or did they just take over with the hope that they could reduce the rent? Ok if they did, but to behave like they have in trying to get it reduced is deplorable.

Their tactics at the end were all wrong, everyone agrees on that.

The analogy doesn't work because it is too simplistic. The club are not purchasing goods, it is a complex tenancy arrangement in which both sides have a vested interest in making it work.

To use your analogy though, if the customer buying the chocolate bar was your best customer and you relied on that customer to keep your business viable, you surely wouldn't want to overcharge them to the point that they walked out of the door and went elsewhere?

The rent being charged was obscene. Upwards of £1.5 million per year not to operate the facility and profit from it 365 days a year (as is the case at other clubs - so Walsall pay 400K but then profit from a Sunday market that makes all that back and more); no, it was to simply have use of it 25 times a year, and even then we didn't get to pocket the revenues generated from that use. It was a double whammy.

It was never viable, and yes, it should have been dealt with much earlier, and the way it was eventually handled was a disgrace and both sides must shoulder the blame for that.

Delboycov

The plot thickens! Be interesting to see how Timmy reacts to this because one thing that has become crystal clear to me over the last few weeks is this whole mess was NEVER about the rent....so very clever move from ACL who are of course protecting their own interests here. This bombshell might explain his very strange demeanour last night though...

wingy

Since when did they 'allow' them to get away with it? They still received more via the escrow account than they were proposing to receive under the new deal that was/wasn't agreed. They then made moves to force the club into administration.

I welcome this move by ACL, it is a sensible one, but no doubt there would have been some pressure from other stakeholders (compass and Ricoh I suspect) to ensure that the club played their fixtures at the Ricoh next season. ACL need the club as much as the club need to stay in the city. A sensible move.

Well that's just dandy for them now ,as they don't have to find getting on for £2M. in cash right now.

rupert_bear

This has become a game of poker. Timing and tactics galore. Where does this leave the owners sisu ? As i see it up shit creek. There's apparently a queue of wannabe owners all supposedly with plenty of dosh and then there is sisu who have bid and may well be the prefered bidder, but what do they get ? The debts, most of which is owed to themselves cleared and a football club that needs subsidising. Little income just home gate receipts as i see it and perhaps a couple of player sales but i can only see Leon Clarke bringing in decent money and remember the rest of his contract would have to be paid up so not a lot to be made there.= and also there's the administator to pay. I think the football club is a huge millstone around the sisu neck.
Getting rid of sisu is paramount to me but maybe them being the preferred bidder will hasten that.

Last edited:

bamalamafizzfazz

Why announce it the day after the forums when we can't ask TF directly how the club will react to this news? Someone mentioned last night a theoretical plan of Haskell winning the bid for Ltd with the Golden Share and buying a whole new team of free transfers and playing at the Ricoh. This was met with huge applause and TF had no reply. Is this ACL's plan?!

D

Ddccfc

The plot thickens! Be interesting to see how Timmy reacts to this because one thing that has become crystal clear to me over the last few weeks is this whole mess was NEVER about the rent....so very clever move from ACL who are of course protecting their own interests here. This bombshell might explain his very strange demeanour last night though...

I repeat:

This is an empty gesture. A PR tactic which is working wonderfully on fans who are allowing their blind hatred of SISU to cloud their judgement and allow the wool to be pulled over their eyes.

For the sake of CCFC try to look at all things objectively.

This offer only stands IF THE CLUB IS STILL IN ADMINISTRATION.

In a few weeks time it will not be. The offer will no longer stand. Therefore it is simply a PR tactic from ACL/the council's expensive London-based PR company to win favour with the fans.

More pointless rhetoric. Lets get out of admin ASAP and sort this sorry mess out properly!

chiefdave

More details from Les Reid on twitter "Ricoh rent free offer doesn't exclude Holdings as "would be for administrator to decide."They confirm it's only if co in admin".

dongonzalos

But we eat it without reading the declaration. It's from ACL so it must be great for the club and for the fans. They have always expressed nothing but the best interest for the club, so it must be true ... right?

I knew one day Godiva you would see the light
(Imagine a wink face just here ---->. )

dongonzalos

More details from Les Reid on twitter "Ricoh rent free offer doesn't exclude Holdings as "would be for administrator to decide."They confirm it's only if co in admin".

It has to be like the deal for the last three games.
If it included holdings then what would ACL be bidding for otherwise they themselves would be agreeing that holdings are the club.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
you could also think it implies that ACL think CCFC Ltd will be in administration for some time

wingy

I repeat:

This is an empty gesture. A PR tactic which is working wonderfully on fans who are allowing their blind hatred of SISU to cloud their judgement and allow the wool to be pulled over their eyes.

For the sake of CCFC try to look at all things objectively.

This offer only stands IF THE CLUB IS STILL IN ADMINISTRATION.

In a few weeks time it will not be. The offer will no longer stand. Therefore it is simply a PR tactic from ACL/the council's expensive London-based PR company to win favour with the fans.

More pointless rhetoric. Lets get out of admin ASAP and sort this sorry mess out properly!

That is only your interpretation of the wording .It would be utterly futile for them to express that this is for a month or so as there would be no point in preventing the Club from killing itself.
It is more probably a Preamble to the Administration continuing for a considerable period ,one which SISU will say is Engendered through the actions of ACL. Wondering why this wasn't in the media on Saturday ,let TF complete forums (Maybe). Conjoined with SL's output (Maybe).:thinking about:

SkyblueBazza

Am I the only one thinking that any SISU related entity that turns out to be the preferred bidder will at some future point say to ACL...we had it for free - & we have land & plans for a new stadium elsewhere now - so it's £50k a year or we're off!
Obviously it's a fantastic gesture & with really genuine intent for a thriving club (& self preservation) - I just hope it doesn't come back & bite them on the ass!!!

dongonzalos

TF will argue he can't accept as it is only offered to LTD.

This is where you need to the administrator to have the balls to say. The golden share is in Ltd so Ltd should negotiate the deal via myself so the club has a home that suits the fans whilst everything else is sorted.

I will do the deal.

chiefdave

This is where you need to the administrator to have the balls to say. The golden share is in Ltd so Ltd should negotiate the deal via myself so the club has a home that suits the fans whilst everything else is sorted.

Can the administrator legally sign up to deals that will still be in place after he has gone? If so he could sort the rent issue and have that in place for whoever purchases Ltd.

SkyblueBazza

I will do the deal.

I would suspect that things being at a very delicate stage now - TF will either say nothing or be welcoming, but point out that it is CCFC Ltd...therefore the SISU entity will need to be the preferred bidder for any further input...otherwise they will proceed with their existing relocation plans.

rupert_bear

Don't you realise ACL have to say this because we are in administration and can only talk and make offers to the administator Paul Appleton, Fisher and sisu don't come into it...yet.... The more you look at it the smarter it looks. We start where the fans want to be at the Ricoh and once out of admin. chase sisu for rent.

The millstone has just got heavier.

wingy

I will do the deal.

I'm guessing this is the Invitation,his recent statement brought in the brevity of timescale .If SISU are being treated like Pariah's in the rest of the football world it truly is their get out of Jail card.

dongonzalos

Can the administrator legally sign up to deals that will still be in place after he has gone? If so he could sort the rent issue and have that in place for whoever purchases Ltd.

Think he would be signing up to match by match until ltd comes out of administration.

It is a test to see if he strong enough to say to SISU this is the most cost effective common sense route.

It helps the club for FFP, most importantly it helps the fans.

It will only cost the running expenses so will be cheaper than a ground share.

He needs to stand up to SISU and agree the deal.

I fear he does not have the gahoonies for the job

@richh87

No my support of the football club rather than the Council go back that far. CCFC were telling ACL they couldn't afford the rent after we'd been there for three months, way before SISU arrived. ACL have taken advantage of the Football club for long enough, it's about time they gave something back.

Yeah, why couldn't they build the stadium for us at great expense and then not ask for the money back...

rupert_bear

TF can't say anything discussions are only with the administrator. Now i think this is where things get interesting, Appleton has to be careful now, he is an officer of the court and although we might think different has to be, a, impartial and b, discreet. So he can't be telling Fishface anything about ACL proposals and what drips out into the media will be speculation AND what ACL want dripping out. The battle has started, the cards are being dealt, this is where it will all get interesting

stupot07

Where's ltd going to get its players from to play at the Ricoh for free whilst in administration?

Could this be a clever PR stunt by ACL? They could know that we will be out of Admin before the season starts thus no need for free rent, but the offer makes them look good?

rupert_bear

They will get them from the free-transfer pool of players if needed, i think Fisher said they could do that last night. Holdings (sisu) could be left with a load of contracted players, managers, coaches etc. who will need paying. Can't have third party ownership either so as i see it they have nowhere to go and sisu will have Gordon Taylor on their case aswell.

What's the weekly wage bill ?
The millstone has again just got heavier.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
kind of puts pressure on the football league and PA doesnt it ............... i mean how can the FL approve a groundshare for a club in administration away from Coventry when the ground in Coventry is making itself available at cost and just needs the administrator to talk to CCFC H to make it happen :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread