ACL to allow CCFC Ltd to play for free! (2 Viewers)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Difference is we had no other choice than to play at the Ricoh, where as you have a choice weather to buy the Mars bar or not.

A better analogy would be if a shopkeeper was holding a gun to your head and told you, you had to pay £1 for the Mars bar otherwise he would shoot you and then when he is no longer armed you ask for your £1 back.
But you didnt have to go into the shop with 10p say Im having that mars bar and Ill be back in a bit and Ill take the shop

lordsummerisle

Depends how far away the other shop was :guitar2:

What if you couldn't afford to buy the Mars bar, but you could bring in 10,000 people every other week who would buy them.

Would you maybe expect the shop-keeper to let you have your Mars Bars for free in return for the extra trade?

wingy

What if you couldn't afford to buy the Mars bar, but you could bring in 10,000 people every other week who would buy them.

Would you maybe expect the shop-keeper to let you have your Mars Bars for free in return for the extra trade?

It would depend whether the proprietor who stocked the special brand specifically for you could sell that stock to other visitors to the shop.

lordsummerisle

It would depend whether the proprietor who stocked the special brand specifically for you could sell that stock to other visitors to the shop.

Ah, but many previous customers who he may have thought he could rely on hadn't returned but had gone to other local venues instead.

DaleM

FFS Sake from football to accountancy to a chocolate forum in a matter of months. For the record I wouldn't go to the shop for Mars Bars it would have to be a Star Bar :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

lordsummerisle

FFS Sake from football to accountancy to a chocolate forum in a matter of months. For the record I wouldn't go to the shop for Mars Bars it would have to be a Star Bar :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Now that i can agree with, after a Fry's Turkish Delight, the King of chocolate bars.

Thinking about it though, lucky to get a Turkish Delight for less than a quid nowadays.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Particle Physics next:p the way things are going the fooballs out:facepalm:

DaleM

Particle Physics next:p the way things are going the fooballs out:facepalm:

Well now you mention it. If we take the Ricoh as the nucleus of the atom and SISU & ACL as 2 electrons then they will always , due to the laws of physics , be 180 degrees apart and will never be able to co exist in the nucleus.:claping hands::facepalm:

ccfc92

Well now you mention it. If we take the Ricoh as the nucleus of the atom and SISU & ACL as 2 electrons then they will always , due to the laws of physics , be 180 degrees apart and will never be able to co exist in the nucleus.:claping hands::facepalm:

You've done it! You've cracked the mystery of ccfc!

J

Jack Griffin

I think it has a lot to do with uncertain cats.
lolcat10.jpg

The question is, are SISU sending an empty box? I think Byng is.. LOL

J

Jack Griffin

Just to be clear I hate cats, they shit all over my back garden & are too quick for the water pistol, but my brother likes them, if he didn't his missus would get upset, LOL.

Sisued

SISU have said that the book value of CCFC Ltd is $0 (no pound key here) and have bid for their own debt (whatever that may be as it seems to vary in every official statement)
They would need to raise the funds for the stadium rebuild and pump in yet more cash to see us through the 3 year building plan. Why would they continue to fund an asset with no value? Even if we made it back to the Prem in 5 years the actual cost to SISU is likely to far out weigh any profit to be made on the sale of the club or shortlived Prem revenues (as they are unlikely to spend to keep us up).

It may just be wishful thinking but it seems to me that the best course of action for SISU is to create panic with a looming deadline(check) and make an offer for their own debt at the minimum they want to accept (check).
This will force the other parties to up their offers to outbid SISU minimising SISUs losses as they exit what was a ridiculous investment. Yes bids are supposed to be confidential but information leaks out regardless. if SISU bids 10p in the pound and Haskell goes for 11p SISU still make that little bit of extra cash.

The whole stadium thing seems to be a ruse and completely engineered by SISU. Just the maths on reduced ticket sales against the additional catering revenue shows that the plan is ridiculous and wouldnt aid the club in the FFP stakes but would create yet more debt for the club.

Just to be clear I hate cats, they shit all over my back garden & are too quick for the water pistol, but my brother likes them, if he didn't his missus would get upset, LOL.

Water Pistol! Try an air-rifle with a Bushnell Scope - far superior.

The business of the free rent. I'm just a little worried it smacks of panic on the part of ACL. I thought I heard earlier it was just a re-offer of the 400 000 rent? But 'free' for the year!!! Wow! this soap opera roles on.

Who gets the next 'Duff' 'Duff' scene?

Paxman II

This is a lot of smoke and mirrors I'm afraid.

ACL are now realising SISU will indeed ground share and build elsewhere leaving ACL with a white elephant. I said ACL could not survive without the football club and the foot traffic if produces for all vendors at the sight a very long time ago and this smells of a desperate attempt to keep the football club at the Ricoh, for now.
Of course it's CCFC Ltd they are proposing the offer to. What if the successful bid is SISU's? Will SISU accept? Would it be subject to negotiating a new rent deal? Square one again if it is and what will ACL do to keep them at the Ricoh again that they could have done a year ago and avoided all this?
I guess they would prefer it was Haskell or someone else they could negotiate with but Holdings still have a lot in there armoury to make life difficult if it is someone else and not SISU. I think most bidders will evaporate leaving SISU regaining control and this is why ACL are attempting to persuade a return to the Ricoh and negotiate from there. But unless the football club get income streams from all stadium activity it still won't work. ACL are simply trying to save themselves. they are still unwilling to offer what the football club needs to sustain itself. Simply renting the Ricoh does not solve any of the issues that got us here in the first place. leveraging the FL with this nonsense makes no difference to the reality and the reason's SISU would have already explained to the FL for building a new stadium.

Astute

Now that i can agree with, after a Fry's Turkish Delight, the King of chocolate bars.

Thinking about it though, lucky to get a Turkish Delight for less than a quid nowadays.

Shows how low we have gone when a Turkish Delight is worth more than our football club :(

Sub

Coventry can play at Ricoh for free... and now stadium chiefs eye takeover

By Neil Moxley
PUBLISHED: 15:08 GMT, 11 June 2013 | UPDATED: 15:10 GMT, 11 June 2013 3
View
comments

The bitter wrangle over Coventry City Football Club took a dramatic twist as the club's landlords entered the race to buy the troubled League One outfit.
Arena Coventry Ltd, (ACL) joint-owners of the Ricoh Arena, lodged a bid to buy Coventry City Ltd, the company it helped put into administration.
The council-backed firm, in which the local authority holds a 50 per cent share along with the Alan Higgs charity, is one of six bids to have been received by administrator Paul Appleton ahead of Thursday's deadline
article-0-1A419DE5000005DC-631_634x409.jpg

Freed up: Coventry will be able to play at the Ricoh next season without paying rent

And in what appears to be a public relations exercise the company has also waived its right to any rent, allowing the Sky Blues to use the Ricoh Arena free-of-charge next season while the club remains in administration.
Coventry's current owners, hedge fund SISU, had threatened to leave the city and were in negotiations with Walsall to stage their home matches. The long-term plan involved SISU building another stadium in the city.
However, the removal of the rent issues has broken down any barriers to the Sky Blues remaining in Coventry, for the time being at least.
An ACL spokesman confirmed that a bid had been made, saying: 'Making a bid for CCFC Ltd has always been an option available to ACL
'Such a move would have the beneficial impact of uniting the ownership of the stadium with the ownership of the football club, ensuring the Sky Blues could continue to play in Coventry for many years to come.'
If ACL's bid were successful, it would then have the opportunity to sell on both entities to another buyer.
article-0-15F53D7D000005DC-409_634x461.jpg
]

Money worries: Coventry have been in financial trouble for a number of years

However, the offer is just one of six on the table that will be considered by Appleton before the deadline of noon on Thursday, although it appears that if current owners SISU are not successful that yet more protracted legal arguments will take place.
The row centres upon which company is in possession of the 'Golden Share,' the club's membership of the Football League.
The Sky Blues cannot take part in the competition without this. The administrator and Football League believe it forms part of the assets of the company up for sale, Coventry City Ltd.
However, the club's current owners, hedge fund SISU, believe the membership is contained within another company - Coventry City Holdings Ltd.

SISU believe they hold 'beneficial ownership' of the golden share and are likely to take further legal action, if they are not successful in retaining control of the club.
The council has come under fire for using £14m to help ACL when the firm encountered difficulties after the football club refused to pay its' rent.
But the stance taken by the local authority towards the issue has softened recently after Ann Lucas, a Sky Blues' supporter, became council leader.
'I'm delighted that ACL's offer gives us the opportunity to see our team play in its home at the Ricoh Arena next season,' she said, 'this is the news that thousands of Coventry City supporters have been hoping to hear.'

Last edited:

Godiva

Key part of the Daily Mail article:

And in what appears to be a public relations exercise the company has also waived its right to any rent, allowing the Sky Blues to use the Ricoh Arena free-of-charge next season while the club remains in administration.

Sub

Another key part aswell

SISU believe they hold 'beneficial ownership' of the golden share and are likely to take further legal action, if they are not successful in retaining control of the club.

Godiva

Another key part aswell

Yes - we have discussed this previously, but I wonder WHO they will take action against. The FL and/or FA?

Hobo

It's another, bid another option and if they get it they will sell it. Keeps SISU on their toes, it's not just them that can muddy the water.

Astute

The FL and FA will know their own rules and regulations. SISU have already shown us what they know about football. Somewhere between Fooking Little and Fook All.

IF it is decided that SISU have broke rules trying to get away without paying their debts then they would do best walking away without being prosecuted for fraud. Everything depends on the admins decision. The biggest problem I see is financial irregularities being found and at least another points deduction. Just hope it is nothing as bad as what happened to Rangers.

torchomatic

I would image though getting another points reduction would be worth being able to stay at the Ricoh next season. I would think most fans would be happy with that.

Users who are viewing this thread