Adam Armstrong injured (1 Viewer)

Delboycov

You certainly can't have been on here a while if you reckon I always talk sense! :D

Been absolutely ages since I posted but still read most days and you do tend to reflect my thinking right back to the Otis B Driftwood days! But yeah you do sometimes talk shite like everyone else

stupot07

I know we have done well without him, but we haven't done well BECAUSE he is out of the team. I think it is just a coincidence.

We haven't played any better when he hasn't been there and he is the top scorer in this league!

We will miss him without any doubt.

Bang on Otis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

johnwillomagic

Erm bang out Otis!!! I think people were simply pointing out that we have performed well without him in the past so not time to slit your wrists because he is out as there are plenty of other options! I cannot see one poster who has said we have done well because he was our of he team actually......just that we've coped well without him in the past! :facepalm:

Paxman II

Play Murphy up top straight through the middle with pace against these static defenders and he will score another hat-trick.

pusbccfc

Play Tudgay and we will win. Simple.

rupert_bear

Is this Armstrong injured story genuine ? If it is it highlites the need to strengthen that area by atleast one. Injuries are part and parcel of football and I think we are worryingly short in the strike department.

Otis

Erm bang out Otis!!! I think people were simply pointing out that we have performed well without him in the past so not time to slit your wrists because he is out as there are plenty of other options! I cannot see one poster who has said we have done well because he was our of he team actually......just that we've coped well without him in the past! :facepalm:
Yes, I know, but there is the hint there isn't there, that of it's not been a problem before, so it won't be a problem now.

Definitely a smidgen of that going on, on here.

He is a very, very key cog for us, so I most certainly am not looking back to how we may have won before without him and am only looking at the fact that we are stronger WITH him.

superskyblue

We won convincingly at Colchester the last time from memory when Armstrong wasn't available to us (barring the game he was dropped). That day Murphy was brilliant in the central attacking midfield role and Fortune offered a decent link up option for the midfield three behind him. I'd be tempted to do the same again today.

johnwillomagic

I agree with all of the above and in Colchester game despite my protests MAF played very well.

Would definitely have Murphy in the central role behind man striker with Maddison/Cole & JOB as the third AM
think they all have different strengths and complement each other well. Only thing I differ on super sky blue
is that I would give Tudguy a start ahead of MAF who has blown his starting opportunities recently. For that reason
alone would start Tudguy in the role and if it really does not work MAF possibly to come on for Tudguy second half!

It will be interesting to see what side TM picks TBH.

skybluebeduff

Didn't he remove the post in Facebook because it was a wind up? Surely the CET would of known and published Arma being injured by now?

skyblue1991

1. Claim Armstrong is injured
2. TM goes and gets anothet gem from the leagues above and claims he is a replacement for Armstrong
3. Armstrong comes back in much earlier than predicted.
4. Ergo ending up with two top strikers and promotion

Back to bed I think...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

coop

Murphy down the middle please he battered Gillingham and Job in for fleck hunt on the wing.

stupot07

Murphy needs dropping after last weeks feeble performances.

I think he'll bring in Job and Cole in for Murphy and Lamieres, MAF will start is Armstrongs injured. Bigi for fleck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Otis

Murphy needs dropping after last weeks feeble performances.

I think he'll bring in Job and Cole in for Murphy and Lamieres, MAF will start is Armstrongs injured. Bigi for fleck.

Whether people rate MAF or not, he is a different type of player to Tudgay so I agree. If Armstrong is out it will probably be MAF.

Would like to see a fluid front 'two' though of Maddison and Murphy. Not out and out strikers but a fluid two, in free roles.

Don't think TM would do that though.

I think Cole will definitely be in and could be JOB too, but maybe, just maybe, Mowbray will give Rose a go.

stupot07

Whether people rate MAF or not, he is a different type of player to Tudgay so I agree. If Armstrong is out it will probably be MAF.

Would like to see a fluid front 'two' though of Maddison and Murphy. Not out and out strikers but a fluid two, in free roles.

Don't think TM would do that though.

I think Cole will definitely be in and could be JOB too, but maybe, just maybe, Mowbray will give Rose a go.

I think rose and possibly hunt will be on the bench today, can't see either coming straight into the starting line up.

Yeah, I'd be tempted to play Maddison in a false 9 today, but as you say I can't see Mowbray doing it.

Otis

I think rose and possibly hunt will be on the bench today, can't see either coming straight into the starting line up.

Yeah, I'd be tempted to play Maddison in a false 9 today, but as you say I can't see Mowbray doing it.

I am also thinking in terms of Rose too though because Bigi worries me a bit. I quite like him, but he is more reckless with his passing than Fleck and is a bit rash too. Would be happier if we strengthed the midfield. This is why I too think JOB may well be in.

clint van damme

I am also thinking in terms of Rose too though because Bigi worries me a bit. I quite like him, but he is more reckless with his passing than Fleck and is a bit rash too. Would be happier if we strengthed the midfield. This is why I too think JOB may well be in.

I watched Bigi closely when he came on against Burton because his passing always get criticised and I don't think it's that bad.

He only misplaced 1 pass, (admittedly it was cross field straight to a Burton player). Apart from that he found a City player every time. This doesn't include 3 lofted crosses into the box, all of which were cleared.

Users who are viewing this thread