AJ v Usyk (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

He obviously is. He might not be elite but he’s just taken possibly the best pound for pound fighter 12 rounds again

I mean , He's fighting a man who has a 65% KO ratio , who is fighting his 4th fight at heavyweight level , and you're surprised Joshua went 24 rounds with him ? Despite probably losing 19 of the 24 ?

Evo1883

He obviously is. He might not be elite but he’s just taken possibly the best pound for pound fighter 12 rounds again

I mean Derek chisora also went 12 rounds with him

He's lost 12 fights

Last edited:

fatso

I mean , He's fighting a man who has a 65% KO ratio , who is fighting his 4th fight at heavyweight level , and you're surprised Joshua went 24 rounds with him ? Despite probably losing 19 of the 24 ?
Styles make fights, Usyk as a fast mobile southpaw is a problem for AJ.

Fury will keep the distance and just jab the fuck out of Usyk, and everyone will say that Fury is the best ever.

But AJ will stop Fury with power and uppercuts.
That's boxing.

Evo1883

Fury will keep the distance and just jab the fuck out of Usyk, and everyone will say that Fury is the best ever.

You just told me I talk shit .. that bottom line is absolutely hilarious mate , bed time I reckon

PS : Fury also fights southpaw

SkyBlue_Bear83

No chance AJ would beat Fury, Fury would chuck him around like a rag doll.

Not sure about Usyk, think Fury should win but Usyk could dance around him for 12 rounds and win on points

stay_up_skyblues

That's boxing.

Can’t see it. Wilder hits harder than AJ and I don’t see AJ landing Bugger all on Fury anyway.

Evo1883

Wait and see, we will definitely see Fury vs Usyk, probably early next year.
Hopefully , but AJ would never beat Fury , simply not good enough .. obviously when or if that fight ever happens , il be expecting an apology from the extremely knowledgeable boxing guru that you are post fight 🤣

CCFCSteve

I’d say that until the 10th it had gone pretty much to plan. He boxed well and hurt Usyk to the body. Reckon he gassed after trying to take Usyk out on 9th. He’s obviously world level

stay_up_skyblues

The more I think about the more that was pure disrespect from Joshua at the end. Stealing Usyk’s moment with everything that’s going on his home country, banging on about his story and chucking the belts on the floor. What a twat.

fatso

Hopefully , but AJ would never beat Fury , simply not good enough .. obviously when or if that fight ever happens , il be expecting an apology from the extremely knowledgeable boxing guru that you are post fight 🤣
When it happens, I can see a bet coming!

fatso

The more I think about the more that was pure disrespect from Joshua at the end. Stealing Usyk’s moment with everything that’s going on his home country, banging on about his story and chucking the belts on the floor. What a twat.
It didn't look good.

Evo1883

I’d say that until the 10th it had gone pretty much to plan. He boxed well and hurt Usyk to the body. Reckon he gassed after trying to take Usyk out on 9th. He’s obviously world level

I 100% disagree , and his career from this point will show you

fatso

Exactly, in hindsight, I think he left it too late, and Usyk had rounds in the bank.
Tactically, he didn't throw enough, and he looked for the body when he should of switched to the head more.
In the 11th, Usyk was masterful in the way he moved out of range and stopped AJ's momentum.
I was expecting AJ to use his weight and height more, but he still tried to box instead of scrap.

Evo1883

I was responding to the comment that he’s not a world level fighter.
Well he's fighting at world level , but is he an elite fighter ?

He's lost 3 of his last 5 fights , beat Vladimir when he was 2 years older than when fury strolled past him , beat pulev who then also lost to chisora , beat Joseph Parker who also beat Andy ruiz that he also lost to .

So yes I suppose he's fighting at world level , but he's painfully average

rob9872

I'm not an AJ fan,but ludicrous to suggest he's not been world level. This bout was fairly even until the Championship rounds and when AJ was so good in the 9th I thought he'd maybe go onto win but then back came Usuk to level it and imo won the last two too which gave him the victory. If AJ wins 11 or 12 it could've been his night. Ifs and ands of course I do get and easy with hindsight, but another night maybe. However from here I just don't see where he goes. Made his money, time to get out undamaged and make a fortune from advertising and celebrity stuff.

Evo1883

I'm not an AJ fan,but ludicrous to suggest he's not been world level. This bout was fairly even until the Championship rounds and when AJ was so good in the 9th I thought he'd maybe go onto win but then back came Usuk to level it and imo won the last two too which gave him the victory. If AJ wins 11 or 12 it could've been his night. Ifs and ands of course I do get and easy with hindsight, but another night maybe. However from here I just don't see where he goes. Made his money, time to get out undamaged and make a fortune from advertising and celebrity stuff.

The fight was even up until round 6 ... AJ was Not once ahead in the fight after round 4... championship rounds ? He lost 7/8/10/11/12

That's 5 of the final 6 rounds

A good round 9 is all you remember

rob9872

The fight was even up until round 6 ... AJ was Not once ahead in the fight after round 4... championship rounds ? He lost 7/8/10/11/12

That's 5 of the final 6 rounds

A good round 9 is all you remember
He lost 10, 11, 12. It's all about opinions but I'd say he was 5-4 up after 9.

Users who are viewing this thread