AJ v Usyk (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Think his road man shone through.

Lobbing those belts on the floor?
He probably found out they were made by a 'whitey'.

Nick

Administrator
What I don't get is his corner were telling him he wins every round, then the people around him just bullshitting him.

LastGarrison

Quick couple of points.

Joshua is clearly world level but nowhere near world class.

He performed better last night but still lost to a Cruiserweight. Again.

His actions after the fight were absolutely cringeworthy and he was an embarrassment.

No fucking way was it a split decision.

I’m happy to have any size bet with Fatso if he wants to back Joshua if him and Fury fight.

Evo1883

Morning gentlemen , yea I think when I say world level I mean world class .. for me he's just not .. this just about sums AJ up these days FB_IMG_1661076208523.jpg

Evo1883

He also talked about not being a 12 round boxer and says he cant move well because he's 18 stone 🙄

CCFCSteve

Quick couple of points.

Joshua is clearly world level but nowhere near world class.

He performed better last night but still lost to a Cruiserweight. Again.

His actions after the fight were absolutely cringeworthy and he was an embarrassment.

No fucking way was it a split decision.

I’m happy to have any size bet with Fatso if he wants to back Joshua if him and Fury fight.

Agree that the afters were cringeworthy, heat of the moment stuff and he’ll regret it Im sure.

Usyk might be an ex cruiserweight, so was Holyfield, but he’s also a P4P top three. Usyk would be just a ‘cruiserweight’ to Fury, who’s an absolute beast and would come in 3-4 stone heavier than Usyk which would be a huge advantage

I looked at some stats earlier, Usyk threw almost 100 punches in round 10….that is ridiculous, especially as Joshua had him in trouble in round 9. What a fighter. There’s levels in sport, Usyk is elite, and no shame in losing to him at all.

Last edited:

SBT

What I don't get is his corner were telling him he wins every round, then the people around him just bullshitting him.

I mean, if there were people on this thread (and judges!) who thought it was any way close then they probably actually believed it.

LastGarrison

Agree that the afters were cringeworthy, heat of the moment stuff and he’ll regret it Im sure.

Usyk might be an ex cruiserweight, so was Holyfield, but he’s also a P4P top three. Usyk would be just a ‘cruiserweight’ to Fury, who’s an absolute beast and would come in 3-4 stone heavier than Usyk which would be a huge advantage

I looked at some stats earlier, Usyk threw almost 100 punches in round 10….that is ridiculous, especially as Joshua had him in trouble in round 9. What a fighter. There’s levels in sport, Usyk is elite, and no shame in losing to him at all.
Although I appreciate what you’re saying any ‘world class’ heavyweight should not be losing to a Cruiserweight no matter how god they are and the old adage of ‘A good big ‘un beats a good little ‘un’ has never been more true.

He was just a Cruiserweight to Joshua but unfortunately Joshua is not technically a good enough boxer to cope with him and got, in my opinion, comprehensively beat in both fights.

I am in no way downplaying Usyk who is absolutely world class and will go down as an all time great BUT he doesn’t beat Fury as Fury is ‘A good big ‘un’.

I am slightly biased as I have never rated Joshua and didn’t buy into the hype but last night was an embarrassment and I honestly don’t know where he goes from here.

bringbackrattles

Although I appreciate what you’re saying any ‘world class’ heavyweight should not be losing to a Cruiserweight no matter how god they are and the old adage of ‘A good big ‘un beats a good little ‘un’ has never been more true.

He was just a Cruiserweight to Joshua but unfortunately Joshua is not technically a good enough boxer to cope with him and got, in my opinion, comprehensively beat in both fights.

I am in no way downplaying Usyk who is absolutely world class and will go down as an all time great BUT he doesn’t beat Fury as Fury is ‘A good big ‘un’.

I am slightly biased as I have never rated Joshua and didn’t buy into the hype but last night was an embarrassment and I honestly don’t know where he goes from here.
Like you I too rate Usyk who is a smart and clever boxer, but could he beat Fury ?
If Usyk had a powerful punch at the end of his boxing skills maybe, but Fury would just jab away and he is a giant and is skilful too for such a big unit. So as much as I respect the Ukrainian it would be a massive upset if he beat Fury.

Evo1883

To be fair evander holyfield showed that a top cruiserweight can step up but I get your point

SkyBlue_Bear83

Morning gentlemen , yea I think when I say world level I mean world class .. for me he's just not .. this just about sums AJ up these days View attachment 25936
He didn't say that or at least it wasn't meant like that 100%, AJ was very angry at himself that he had lost and was probably concussed, he tried to pay respect to Usyk in his own way but in his emotional state it was just a bit of a mess.

The conversation went a bit like this.

Usyk: you're very strong
AJ: I don't care about strong, I have to have skills. Skills win boxing, you're not strong how did you beat me? How?
AJ answering his own question: Because you're skilled, I had character and determination

That's not AJ saying Usyk had no skill.

Greggs

Fury Uysk would be a terrible match up

Greggs

Guest appearances in the next season of Top Boy on Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread