ALL TIME CCFC XI (since the late 80s) (2 Viewers)

M&B Stand

Shaw was absolute garbage.

I was in the home end at Villa in the cup when Moldovan scored, sat next to two old boy villa season ticket holders. When Strachan took Shaw off they were gutted, saying how he was clearly the weak link.
Funny how in the fire sale after relegation nobody came in for him. For this he was praised for his loyalty! Amazing.
Paying big wages to clowns like him is part of the reason we are where we are.

shmmeee

He had great hair though. Imagine if we'd managed to get Alexi Lalas as well like we planned!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Danny Thomas showed some brilliance but all too short lived with injury. Gillespie was class as well.

the 80's, 90's and 00's are so different you virtually need to go for a team for each decade.

this thread has taken away my optimism after the last 2 games slightly with reminding ourselves of some of the truly great players we actually had

rob9872

Oggy

Nilsson

Fox

Peake

Babb

Strachan

Boateng

Wise

Huckerby

Dublin

Speedie

Grendel

I was in the home end at Villa in the cup when Moldovan scored, sat next to two old boy villa season ticket holders. When Strachan took Shaw off they were gutted, saying how he was clearly the weak link.
Funny how in the fire sale after relegation nobody came in for him. For this he was praised for his loyalty! Amazing.
Paying big wages to clowns like him is part of the reason we are where we are.

Another name change Kuklknski?

Johhny Blue

Disagree with the term 'ALL TIME' when it starts in 1980. Of course CCFC didn't exist before you were born. God knows what I was watching before then. Maybe I just imagined players like George Curtis. Willie Carr. Bill Glazier. Tommy Hutchinson. Terry Yorath. etc etc

I was there!! I thought the thread title was a bit of an oxymoron

Joy Division

Average?! The last 2 seasons he was with us he was excellent. Granted, when he first joined he wasn't doing the business. Remember him getting an injury at HR (cruciate ligament maybe) and after he came back he was brilliant. Hence the move he got to Liverpool. I actually thought he was average in the Champ, but it was more because he was getting on a bit!

To be fair yes, his last season in his first spell he had a decent season you are right. But the three before he underperformed for a player of his reputation, calibre and price tag.

Terry Gibson's perm

gk Hedman
rb Nillson
cb Peake
cb Atherton
lb Babb
mf Boateng
mf McCallister
mf Hadji
fw Keane
fw Dublin
fw Ndlovu

Subs
Oggy
Whelan
Huckerby
Speedie
Phillips snr
Froggatt
Henderson

Sorry dad no Regis for me!

I am sorry but Wilson wouldn't have got in my fifth team he scored his goals in the third division.

Hobo

Danny Thomas showed some brilliance but all too short lived with injury. Gillespie was class as well.

the 80's, 90's and 00's are so different you virtually need to go for a team for each decade.

this thread has taken away my optimism after the last 2 games slightly with reminding ourselves of some of the truly great players we actually had

Danny Thomas didn't suffer an injury, he was victim of an assault on the field of play? Stamped on while prone on the ground if I remember correctly. Would have been capped many times for England if his career had not been ended for him!

Malaka

westwood,
Neilssen, Peake, Dann, Froggatt
Wise,
Boeteng, McAllister, Huckerby
Dublin, Keane

Oggy, Fox, burrows, Henderson, Gunnarssen, Thompson, Clarke, McGoldrick

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Call me Mr Picky, but how can it be "An ALL-TIME CCFC XI", but only from the late 80's onwards? Seems a bit of a double-entendre to me? Has to be one or the other, surely?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Danny Thomas didn't suffer an injury, he was victim of an assault on the field of play? Stamped on while prone on the ground if I remember correctly. Would have been capped many times for England if his career had not been ended for him!
Was a completely late challenge by some QPR dick of a player, great shame. I think he is a physio now in Cov.

Users who are viewing this thread