Another bid rejected (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

Of course. I am sure Wolves would be more than happy then for Clarke to continue playing despite him being their player.

I really should have done a "brian" type PS explaining that it was meant as a joke, but thought the smiley might have been enough, even for you fernando... ;)

bigfatronssba

I imagine we'll do our usual trick of selling him on deadline day, forcing Pressley into a panic buy.

japandy

Wolves are being cunning, they have said we were the best team they have played all season, we are within a shout of the play off places so why not nobble us and either unsettle our leading scorer or buy him so we are weaker.:thinking about:
Agree COAB, they are a sneeky bunch. They offer 300,000 and then 500,000 for the top scorer in the league and yet they tell Celtic they won't take anything less than 1.5 million for Leigh Griffiths, who has spent half the season on the bench. Wolves fans hate Moxley with a passion because he (apparently) gets 10% of any transfer fee, but he seems to know what he's doing, until now where he has met his match.

J

Jack Griffin

Embargo has been lifted. We're free to sign anyone we like with acceptance from the League iirc

Next question, will Otium accounts be filed for March 1st to avoid another embargo?

shmmeee

Let's be honest here. Transfer policy under Waggot and Fisher has been a world away from under Igwe and Delieu. As much as the pessimist in me enjoys the comparisons to previous seasons, I don't think it's in Joy's plan to seriously weaken the team whilst we're in Northampton, it'd seriously harm her credibility with all sides (FL, CCC, fans)

James Smith

Let's be honest here. Transfer policy under Waggot and Fisher has been a world away from under Igwe and Delieu. As much as the pessimist in me enjoys the comparisons to previous seasons, I don't think it's in Joy's plan to seriously weaken the team whilst we're in Northampton, it'd seriously harm her credibility with all sides (FL, CCC, fans)

I agree and the more we can squeeze out of a potential buyer can only be a good thing in terms of FFP.

skyblue025

If the offers have been 300k and 500k it's no wonder they have turned them down. SISU might be poor at running a football club but even they know what a 25-30 goal a season striker is worth more than those 2 figures. We should be looking at 1.5 mil minimum + add ons. I expect he will go and then we could be right in the shit. As good as Pressley has been you can't polish a turd.

Users who are viewing this thread