Anyone else dreading the BBC classic remakes? (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

I used to like "Man About the House", partly because I had a serious crush on Paula Wilcox.
Paula-Wilcox.jpg

Grendel

I used to like "Man About the House", partly because I had a serious crush on Paula Wilcox.
View attachment 5503

She's in some comedy now with Russ Abbott and Stephanie Beacham and I think Alison steadman which is pretty funny

Otis

Not seen it. You think it is worth watching?

I know it has a lot of old familiar faces in it.

Grendel

Not seen it. You think it is worth watching?

I know it has a lot of old familiar faces in it.

I thought it was a laugh actually. Stumbled across it by accident. It's old style sit com with these three old couples getting into unlikely situations - thought it's funny.

Otis

I thought it was a laugh actually. Stumbled across it by accident. It's old style sit com with these three old couples getting into unlikely situations - thought it's funny.
Will give it a whirl. Maybe we will find some common ground. :)

Otis

Did you think Charlie Drake was funny ? He did his own stunts and he injured himself so badly once that he never recovered properly from it. I thought he was a comical act and he was big at one time.
Could take him or leave him. Again, it was so long ago maybe my memory is clouded.

He made some movies too I believe.

skybluedan

Let things be I say.

Paul Merton had a go with old Galton and Simpson scripts and failed.

Think things are of their time and should be left alone.

Hancock's Half Hour

Til Death us do Part

And

Steptoe and Son

All being remade.

Wish someone would do jossys giants remake

Otis

Just seen a trailer for Are You Being Served.

Dear me .... hope this isn't a sign of the whole show to come. :(

It was a character talking about what he had just eaten and played out something along the lines of Character One: ' I've just ate such and such and such and such and then finished off with a massive brownie.' Character Two: 'Well I hope you flushed twice, because that cistern isn't working properly.':stop:

Last edited:

Otis

Oh dear, oh dear.

Now seen the full trailer, which has clips of Goodnight Sweetheart, Porridge, Young Hyacinth and Are You Being Served.

It was very painful. Even the Porridge one looks particularly poor, as the joke they have used is the exact same joke from an episode from the show of 40 years ago. What on earth is the point of that?

Gazolba

What was that program about a guy that had two lives, one in the present and one in the past? He could go back in time (to WWII era) by going through some portal in his house. He had to keep thinking up excuses why he was absent for periods of time. I watched it a few times and really liked it. I wish I could see that show again.

chiefdave

chiefdave

The only one I might give a try is In Sickness and In Health. Curious how they are going to do that as they're remaking one of the lost episodes, can't see how they'll get away with it.

Otis

The only one I might give a try is In Sickness and In Health. Curious how they are going to do that as they're remaking one of the lost episodes, can't see how they'll get away with it.
Is it a In Sickness and In Health, or is it a Til Death Us Do Part?

Gazolba

<snip>.

The whole concept of these remakes makes me a tad worried it has to be said.

Just show the originals.

Do they have them? Wasn't the BBC in the habit of erasing tapes?

Gazolba

Anyone remember a show called "Riviera Police"? It was one of my all time favourite shows but lasted only a season or two I think.
I've mentioned it to a few people and they have never heard of it.
I'd love to get my hands on a DVD of that show.

skybluedan

60s mate , to old for me but I've seen a few and a great theme tune , Latin quarter I thnk

bringbackrattles

Been watching episodes of Rising Damp and it is still funny all these years later. Got to be up there as one of the best comedies ever.

Users who are viewing this thread